Rosier article

Advertisement
Advertisement
“He’s more accurate,’’ receiver Jeff Thomas says. “He’s making passes he couldn’t last year.”

- Jeff Thomas was ready to kill him a couple times last year so if he’s saying this it’s true
I want to believe. However, I always think back to the fall of 2005 or 2006. We had players saying we were going to score 40 a game, and it excited everyone. Season started and our O looked like trash.

IF Rosier turns the corner, we can be scary good on O. If his accuracy and timing improves a lot, just think about the yards after catch.

From what I've heard, Jeff Thomas was one of Malik's biggest critics on the team last year; to the point that Jeff was actually contiplating leaving the team because of how frustrated he was with Malik. Considering the above mentioned, it's huge to see Jeff make comments like "He’s more accurate" and “He’s making passes he couldn’t last year.”

From what I've heard, Jeff Thomas was one of Malik's biggest critics on the team last year; to the point that Jeff was actually contiplating leaving the team because of how frustrated he was with Malik. Considering the above mentioned, it's huge to see Jeff make comments like "He’s more accurate" and “He’s making passes he couldn’t last year.”

Yup, it's the passes he couldn't hit last year that left such a bad taste in my mouth. Our O was handicapped because of it. Man, the season can't start soon enough.

Advertisement
If he has changed into that QB we saw at ND and VT (besides the pick) everyone needs to watch out. glad to hear he has improved, could be a really exciting year

First step for improvement is realizing and understanding one's strengths and weaknesses. Next step is to put a plan in action to improve on those weaknesses. Finally, work your *** off to improve in all areas.

Malik seems to have "gotten it" and is working hard to make the necessary improvements to be a better QB and leader. Time will obviously tell but my hope is his hard work pays off for him and the team.

I'm waiting for the first article I read in August about how a player got worse from the season before.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Usually it's linemen who pop as 5th year seniors, and QBs either have it or they don't by their 3rd year. But given Malik's progress last year, and the fact he clearly wasn't focused when Kaaya was the chosen one, it's possible his development was delayed and he's going to take another big step. I want to believe it.

But I also want the #2 to ready to go if we see a repeat of 2017 where Rosier starts throwing dirt balls on bubble screens again, or missing a wide open Jeff Thomas, or tossing an interception in the end zone to flip the lead against Wisky. I was traumatized by his play in the final 5-6 games of the season. Need to see the "new" Malik deliver on the field.

Last edited:
“He’s more accurate,’’ receiver Jeff Thomas says. “He’s making passes he couldn’t last year.”

- Jeff Thomas was ready to kill him a couple times last year so if he’s saying this it’s true[/
That quote got my juices flowing. Malik hits JT in stride a couple times last year. Who knows?

Advertisement
Back