Rosier article

Advertisement
From what I've heard, Jeff Thomas was one of Malik's biggest critics on the team last year; to the point that Jeff was actually contiplating leaving the team because of how frustrated he was with Malik. Considering the above mentioned, it's huge to see Jeff make comments like "He’s more accurate" and “He’s making passes he couldn’t last year.”
Could you back that statement up about Thomas contemplating leaving?

I'm excited for him this year. We all know what his ceiling is, but I don't think he was anywhere close to it last year. He absolutely has to get better, just from an additional year of work. He's got a tremendous coach working with him. He's a 5th year senior. I see no reason in the world he won't be better.

Also, for all his shortcomings as a passer last year (and we know there were plenty), he gained 607 yards rushing last year. That's a **** of a number for a kid who didn't run the ball all that much. In the NCAA, sacks are taken off the QBs rushing numbers. So when you look, he "rushed" for 468 yards officially, but he lost 139 yards on sacks. If you take his pure rushes, he ran 104 times for 607 yards. That's some pretty decent production.

If he runs 100 times this year for 6 yards a carry, can limit those sacks to somewhere under 20 (he should be able to, being a 5th year senior and having a better understanding of defenses) and just bump that 54.0% completion number to somewhere near 58-59%, he's going to have a nice year and Miami is going to win a lot of games.

I’m just glad he’s acknowledged his short comings and trying to work on them. We will ultimately see this season but again it’s nice to see

Advertisement
He wasn't good in those games. If you want to see this team beat Clemson and the other top teams, he needs to be much better than he was in those games.

Absolutely. He was terrible against VT, especially. 11-22 for 202 yards and 3 picks (2 TDs) is not good. At all. He did run for 84 yards and a TD, however. But passing, he was dreadful. The running game (including him), defense, and crowd won that game.

Who drops "Pygmalion" in a football article in a regional paper?

And the editing in that article was awful, too. Punctuation and typo mistakes...several of them. Is the print version different than the online version? I feel like I'm reading the Tallahassee Democrat. Dave Hyde isn't retarded, someone just dropped the ball big time getting that uploaded, I guess.

Advertisement
Everyone got pumped up back in August of 2006 when Kyle Wright said, “We want to bury people.”

Good times.
ap,550x550,12x12,1,transparent,t.u2.png

Funny how the whole board cans spend an entire offseason trashing Rosier, but as soon as you mention that Brad Kaaya only ever beat one team that finished the season ranked and that he never won a game in which we trailed going into the 4th quarter, suddenly the thread gets locked.
Don't bring that Kaaya vs Rosier drama into this thread. I locked the thread cause i'm sick of reading it from both sides.

“He’s more accurate,’’ receiver Jeff Thomas says. “He’s making passes he couldn’t last year.”

- Jeff Thomas was ready to kill him a couple times last year so if he’s saying this it’s true

That's big, Thomas is from Missouri, Malik showing JT

Advertisement
It's crazy how time heels all! At the beginning of this year I was saying if MR was our starting Qb, we're Fu#####. Here we are 8 months later convinced he's improved and we are ready for a run. I'm ready to see!!!

Pretty encouraging, we will see this year

I liked that he acknowledged he was terrible in the pitt game even when richt apologized to him. Also good to see him working to get better.

Advertisement
Are you crazy? He threw 4 picks vs vt and didn't do much in the passing game vs nd. He wasn't good and you still find a way to suck him off.
He didn't do much in the passing game against ND because we were up 27 points at the half and handed the ball off the entire second half.
Malik had 2 TDs and we were up 27-0 before Travis Homer cracked 5 yards.

He didn't do much in the passing game against ND because we were up 27 points at the half and handed the ball off the entire second half.
Malik had 2 TDs and we were up 27-0 before Travis Homer cracked 5 yards.
He ran well in those games. Im in wait and see mode. We will find out in a few weeks if he actually improved.

Advertisement
Back