RomanCane's Gattis Breakdown:

You're comparing apples to oranges, and giving Lashlee way too much credit for the improvement in offensive production from Enos. It's really very simple. Lashlee led a more productive offense because King was better than any QB Enos had during his only yr @ MIA. Enos's QB room wasn't even G5 caliber. 2 out of 3 QBs he had in his room, couldn't even cut it at that level. Just think about that for a second, and let it sink in. Harping on offensive philosophy & stubbornness makes no sense, when you're forced to deal with this sort of personnel. The differences in results between approaches would be marginal at best. At Arkansas Enos was not known to be a stubborn coach. That's why they went 12 personnel the majority of the time, in order to accentuate the strengths of the players.

The problem with this fanbase is that it is comprised almost entirely of star whores, and fair weather fans. They routinely end up inflating & overrating our talent, while simultaneously absolving them of any responsibility whatsoever. Not every coach that has come through this program in the last 20 yrs has been a corch. That's just a false narrative being propagated by s.fla shills, and delusional alumni.

This past yr @ MD, Enos actually led an offense that was more productive & efficient than the one Lashlee led @ MIA. You would never know that though, if you spent all of your time on this forum, listening to mongoloids.

Furthermore, look at the improvements that Tua's brother made this past yr under Enos's tutelage. Has Lashlee in his career as P5 coordinator ever had a QB this productive?? I'll wait for you to look that up.

Thanks Dan

Advertisement
Enos’s offense was trash here. To claim otherwise is revisionist history. We had the 90th ranked offense in the country and got shut out by LA Tech under Enos. And LOL at blaming it on the QBs. Richt had us in the ACC Championship Game with Malik Rosier at QB. FOH with that excuse.

Enos’s offense was trash here. To claim otherwise is revisionist history. We had the 90th ranked offense in the country and got shut out by LA Tech under Enos. And LOL at blaming it on the QBs. Richt had us in the ACC Championship Game with Malik Rosier at QB. FOH with that excuse.

Putting your reading comprehension ability aside, you just ended up answering your own question, genius. Malik Rosier compiled 3600 yds of total offense, 30+ TDs, and led his team to a NY6 bowl game, playing in pastor Richt's Air Methuselah offense. All because he at least had elite intangibles, and was dependable. That's not my opinion. Richt himself vouched for him, and said that on numerous occasions. You couldn't say that about Enos's QB room when he was @ MIA.

Last edited:
I get the impression that Enos' offence is very complex (for a College offence at least).

He absolutely pared it back for the talent we had in the QB room - which resulted in a very simple offence on game day. We saw basically zero motion after that Florida game.

To be fair, in his day, Richt was an excellent OC. Enos can clearly coach, as evidenced by his time pre and post Miami.

Advertisement
Putting your reading comprehension ability aside, you just ended up answering your own question, genius. Malik Rosier compiled 3600 yds of total offense, 30+ TDs, and led his team to a NY6 bowl game, playing in pastor Richt's air Methuselah offense. All because he at least had elite intangibles, and was dependable. That's not my opinion. Richt himself vouched for him, and said that on numerous occasions. You couldn't say that about Enos's QB room when he was @ MIA.
You're claiming Enos is some sort of QB Guru/offensive genius yet he couldn't get even adequate production from Perry. The same Perry who had a higher QBR in 2020 and 2021 than Rosier did in 2017 (the year he threw for 3,600 yards). FOH. I never thought I'd live to see the day that one of our fans would actually stan for Dan Enos but here we are.

there's a stat where teams that pass more than 40 times a game or more, usually lose. That's telling. Lot's of variables going into this, but generally if you dont have the ability to run the ball when you need to, or have to, it's an issue. That doesn't necessarily mean you need to be 50-50 in run/pass ratio, but you have to have the potential to do both effectively on a consistent basis
That’s the true meaning of balance. Not 50/50 run/pass it’s being able to run it when you need to and having a competent passing game.

Let the games dictate the percentages. I hope we run it 75% of the time because we come out and blow everyone out in the 1st quarter. Better than throwing it 75% of the time because you can’t run it at all and you’re getting beat as soon as the game starts

Advertisement
You're claiming Enos is some sort of QB Guru/offensive genius yet he couldn't get even adequate production from Perry. The same Perry who had a higher QBR in 2020 and 2021 than Rosier did in 2017 (the year he threw for 3,600 yards). FOH. I never thought I'd live to see the day that one of our fans would actually stan for Dan Enos but here we are.

What a worthless take. Smh

But let me get this straight. So because N'Kosi had the 106th best qbr in div.I cfb this past yr @ a G5 program, 2 yrs after Enos coached him, that somehow means Enos is a bad coach, and poor developer of QBs? You cannot be serious. LMAO

I think you and the goof troop that you march lockstep with, should go back and actually examine the historical record to find out when Perry had his best game of his entire cfb career.

The game in question occurred on 10/5/19 against va.tech @ home. Though it was in a loss, he threw for 422 yds, 4tds, and 1int.

Last edited:
Enos can clearly coach, as evidenced by his time pre and post Miami.

damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

What a worthless take. Smh

But let me get this straight. So because N'Kosi had the 106th best qbr in div.I cfb this past yr @ a G5 program, 2 yrs after Enos coached him, that somehow means Enos is a bad coach, and poor developer of QBs? You cannot be serious. LMAO

I think you and the goof troop that you march lockstep with, should go back and actually examine the historical record to find out when Perry had his best game of his entire cfb career.

The game in question occurred on 10/5/19 against va.tech @ home. Though it was in a loss, he threw for 422 yds, 4tds, and 1int.
Your entire argument is that our **** offense in 2019 was entirely the fault of our QBs and not our OC. I just illustrated that we had a serviceable QB on the roster, and you actually helped prove that point by citing his performance against VT that year. But sure, let's keep making excuses for the guy who ran slow developing play action passes every time on 3rd and 10 after running the ball into the tackle's *** on first and second down. Anyone who watched our games that season understands that Enos's play calling was a problem. But forget about the eye test:

Miami's offense under Enos in 2019: 98th
Miami's offense under Lashlee in 2020: 32nd

Enos was a bad OC here. Full stop.

as far as the passing game is concerned, the Gattis offense at Miami next season is one where it is very likely:

guys like keyshawn smith or jacolby george could average over 18 yds a catch ....

restrepo could see 3-4 targets a game on 3rd down ....

our TE's could have 40 receptions, by accident

Last edited:
Advertisement
Why were their WRs so meh if Gat is such a great recruiter. It was his position group
They spread the ball around more and their star was out injured.

Bell was the stud and got injured after 1 catch for 70+ and a TD in week 1. That's like Miami without Rambo's production.
Anthony was also out for a while. He averaged 20 ypc this year as a frosh with 3 TDs.
Their #3 Wilson averaged 17ypc with 3 TD's.
Johnson 16 ypc and 3 TD's.

Charleston Rambo under 15 ypc 7 TD's
Restrepo under 16 ypc 2 TD's
Harley under 10ypc 5 TD's.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back