NFL Rodger’s to the Jets

ABC 123... You'd have to be smoking the finest crack to think a competent QB wouldn't have got the Jets to the playoffs.

Rogers, and his wish list, may not be enough for a Super Bowl, but it's way ******* better than the basura we had under center.

That's a stone cold fact.

With that said, I don't expect many rational takes on here, lol. I fully expect Phin fans to talk loads of ****, and rightfully so.
I'll give you a rational take, in spite of the fact that I absolutely detest the Jets.

A competent QB is absolutely a significant upgrade for the Jets, who had a young receiver perform well last year, even with bad QBs. Teams will have more film, but a good receiver should be very good with Rodgers.

If Rodgers stays healthy (and so does everyone else), the Jets can absolutely make a playoff push. There are teams in front of them, but there's no reason that, if things work out, they couldn't get into a playoff spot.

The flip side, is that, if Rodgers (or anyone else key) gets hurt, or checks out, the thing could go up in flames.

It's basically a hit or miss gamble, with nothing in between. I expect nonstop coverage of the situation.

Advertisement
They ignored the skill position in the first round because they normally hit on skills guys in the later rounds. People are acting like he didn’t have a top 3 Wr in Adams, top running back in Jones, and a consistently good oline the pass couple years.
He got Adams late in his career and the first few years he was a drop machine , very inconsistent. Adams has even said that in interviews.

The OL isn’t exactly great , it’s been shaky and had injury issues.

As a Bears fan, the ******* Jets better not give up multiple 1sts especially next year when the all the Packers rejects get hurt and the Jets collapse.

He got Adams late in his career and the first few years he was a drop machine , very inconsistent. Adams has even said that in interviews.

I personally loved the Jordan Love and AJ Dillon draft.

Traded up to draft Love while passing on Tee Higgins and Micheal Pittman.

Advertisement
I'll give you a rational take, in spite of the fact that I absolutely detest the Jets.

A competent QB is absolutely a significant upgrade for the Jets, who had a young receiver perform well last year, even with bad QBs. Teams will have more film, but a good receiver should be very good with Rodgers.

If Rodgers stays healthy (and so does everyone else), the Jets can absolutely make a playoff push. There are teams in front of them, but there's no reason that, if things work out, they couldn't get into a playoff spot.

The flip side, is that, if Rodgers (or anyone else key) gets hurt, or checks out, the thing could go up in flames.

It's basically a hit or miss gamble, with nothing in between. I expect nonstop coverage of the situation.

No arguments from me. I think that's a very fair take. No guarantees in the league, especially the AFC East.

Problem is what are the Jets giving up for him? It’s not like the Jets are just missing a quarterback to get them to the Super Bowl.

I think that is the hold up with Rodgers signing. Reports suggest the Packers want some compensation. Just a matter of them agreeing at this point, but I don't think it's going to require a first to get him. Truth is we paid a lot for "his favorite receiver," more than we probably should have.

Advertisement
I am not surprised by this as a Jets move but, even then...wow.

The Jets appeared to make smart, long term moves, with the last draft and Saleh's hiring and staff. OK, looking toward the future in a way the Jets never do, or usually have the luxury of doing.

BUT THEN they target a 39 year old passive aggressive QB who openly contemplated retirement for multiple seasons in a row and is a notorious **** to young players (on a team of young players). They allow him the power to dictate who they sign, BEFORE they even sign him (including guys like Cobb and Lewis who are simply done). Then they give up what look to be multiple high picks for what clearly is a short term rental. So much for the culture Saleh wanted to build.

The Jets just sold their soul. Stupid.
He's still better than Zack Wilson and Mike White. It's not like there is a huge market of talented, young QBs. They swung for Carr and missed.

He's still better than Zack Wilson and Mike White. It's not like there is a huge market of talented, young QBs. They swung for Carr and missed.

And Carr aint that good. He certainly isn't worth what he got paid, not in my opinion.

As a Bears fan, the ******* Jets better not give up multiple 1sts especially next year when the all the Packers rejects get hurt and the Jets collapse.
Think that would sink the deal unless the Jets are brain dead but yeah, I would be livid. Reality is that the Packers would be lucky to get a 3rd here. Rodgers could just become an ******* and say he is coming back.

Advertisement
And Carr aint that good. He certainly isn't worth what he got paid, not in my opinion.
He isn’t but he got market value. Reality is that it’s a QB driven league and I would put Carr in the top half of the starting QBs. It’s tough to land a decent QB let alone an elite one. It’s why posters in here are ragging on those inbred cheese munchers for how they handled Favre and Rodgers. They took them for granted because most teams never get anything close to those two. ****, Cutler might be the most talented QB the Bears ever signed. ****, most people in here are Dolphin fans and how has the QB position looked like since Marino left? All of a sudden having a guy like Carr for 10 years doesn’t sound so bad.

I don't disagree, but do you take 4-7 years of Carr or 1-2 years of Aaron?

I don't think the Jets are signing off on a one and done with Rodgers. I'm assuming they have addressed that. So give me 2-3 of Aaron all day. I think the upside of Aaron getting us into the playoffs, and helping get us over the hump is far more valuable than anything Carr can give us in 4-7. Carr won't be winning anything big anytime soon. Rodgers at least gives us a chance.

Advertisement

He had prime Jordy Nelson, prime Randell Cobb, prime Greg Jennings and top 3 in league Adam’s. Always had a great TE. He always had some type of weapons. The offense shift to run focus on running when Matt Lafleur got hired. He ***** and complained about the offense but that same offense made the passing game easier for him and he won back to back MVP.

Here is the biggest issue.. His salary eats up the cap but he wants super star help… than throw out the poor me narrative.

He will go down as a great and but he need take some of the blame for his time at Green Bay. A market that is gentle and loving to their players.

Packers treatment of Rodgers was negligence. They could have won a few more Super Bowls with the guy if they invested more in surrounding Rodgers with more skill.

He had prime Jordy Nelson, prime Randell Cobb, prime Greg Jennings and top 3 in league Adam’s. Always had a great TE. He always had some type of weapons. The offense shift to run focus on running when Matt Lafleur got hired. He ***** and complained about the offense but that same offense made the passing game easier for him and he won back to back MVP.

Here is the biggest issue.. His salary eats up the cap but he wants super star help… than throw out the poor me narrative.

He will go down as a great and but he need take some of the blame for his time at Green Bay. A market that is gentle and loving to their players.
Adams was the only ” great “ skill guy he’s ever had, nobody else was close. He deserves blame for coming up short at times but he’s never had a very good cast or great coach like a lot of the other great qb’s. I can’t remember the exact number but he’s out his teams in position to win a crazy amount of games and thr defense let him down.

Advertisement
Back