NFL Rodger’s to the Jets

Marino was always compared to Namath because of their releases and footwork.
Lol....I saw Namath play in person....No way in **** did he have a better release or footwork than Marino. To be honest, Namaths NFL stats are mediocre at best. He had almost as many INTs as TDs. Marino is the Greatest forward passer in NFL History. His weapons were 2 - 5'9 WRs....a So-So TE...and a deplorable running game.

Advertisement
He’s a strange bird no doubt. A darkness retreat? Whatever floats his boat. That being said, he’s undoubtedly top 5 all time. It’ll be interesting to see how far he can elevate the Jets. He had 2 MVP’s with Hackett as his OC.

Certified weirdo for sure.

Tremendous success under Hackett and some nice tools at his disposal.

Lol....I saw Namath play in person....No way in **** did he have a better release or footwork than Marino. To be honest, Namaths NFL stats are mediocre at best. He had almost as many INTs as TDs. Marino is the Greatest forward passer in NFL History. His weapons were 2 - 5'9 WRs....a So-So TE...and a deplorable running game.
I agree with Marino being the best passer ever. And it should tell you something that he was always compared to Namath.

As for "seeing Namath in person," I'll go with these guys:

Bill Walsh- "Namath was the most beautiful, accurate, stylish passer with the quickest release I've ever seen."

Vince Lombardi- "He was an almost perfect passer."

Bear Bryant- "He is the greatest athlete I ever coached."

Don Shula- "Namath was one of the three smartest quarterbacks of all time."

Namath could run before his knee got shredded early in his career. To me, he's the classic guy who would've thrived in modern offenses with modern medicine. The throw at :27 of this video is as good of a drop and release as you will see:

I agree with Marino being the best passer ever. And it should tell you something that he was always compared to Namath.

As for "seeing Namath in person," I'll go with these guys:

Bill Walsh- "Namath was the most beautiful, accurate, stylish passer with the quickest release I've ever seen."

Vince Lombardi- "He was an almost perfect passer."

Bear Bryant- "He is the greatest athlete I ever coached."

Don Shula- "Namath was one of the three smartest quarterbacks of all time."

Namath could run before his knee got shredded early in his career. To me, he's the classic guy who would've thrived in modern offenses with modern medicine. The throw at :27 of this video is as good of a drop and release as you will see:

You honestly call that a HOF resume??....C'mon Man....72-74 Griese completely outplayed him. As far as release....there's not a QB in NFL History with a release better than Marinos....and to be honest, it's not even close.

I don't know how you can compare QBs of today against QBs of the past. They're not even playing the same sport.

Holy **** at putting Elway and Marino in modern spread offenses where they couldn't be touched.

Advertisement
I don't know how you can compare QBs of today against QBs of the past. They're not even playing the same sport.

Holy **** at putting Elway and Marino in modern spread offenses where they couldn't be touched.
Marino vs AnyTeam Generically: 45/52 589 yds 5 TD's 1 INT. 1 sack
Elway vs Any Team Generically: 39/48 502yds 4 TD's 1TD Rush 0 sacks 45 yards rushing.

They'd destroy current defenses.

Marino vs AnyTeam Generically: 45/52 589 yds 5 TD's 1 INT. 1 sack
Elway vs Any Team Generically: 39/48 502yds 4 TD's 1TD Rush 0 sacks 45 yards rushing.

They'd destroy current defenses.
I mean 84 Marino passed for 6000 with 56TD's...what he'd throw for 10k?

There isn't any way in ****, someone would select Jim Kelly, Bob Griese, or Joe Namath over Aaron Rodgers. Auto 6 month ban if you do.

Advertisement
Baker Mayfield and Taylor Heinecke have higher career passer ratings than John Elway. Yet they aren't in the same planet in terms of playmaking or physical talent.

The rules make a huge difference here.

Adams was the only ” great “ skill guy he’s ever had, nobody else was close. He deserves blame for coming up short at times but he’s never had a very good cast or great coach like a lot of the other great qb’s. I can’t remember the exact number but he’s out his teams in position to win a crazy amount of games and thr defense let him down.
So we’re disrespecting Jordy Nelson like he wasn’t an All-Pro WR lol Jordy had a 5 year stretch where he was absolutely balling.

In 2014 A-Rod had two Pro Bowl wr’s in Jordy and Cobb plus rookie Devante Adams. Even fat Eddie Lacy had back to back 1000 yard seasons over that same time. The packers in the early-mid 2010’s were stacked!

He also had an elite offensive line. His supporting cast was good enough. I can’t get on board with the he didn’t have enough help. 2012-2016 that team was as good as any team in the league. He won 1 Super Bowl.

Baker Mayfield and Taylor Heinecke have higher career passer ratings than John Elway. Yet they aren't in the same planet in terms of playmaking or physical talent.

In 2017, Heinecke's rating was 108.3, he was 1/1 for 10 yards....but his QBR was 1.3. In 2020, Heinecke's rating was 102.3, he was 12/19 for 137 yards and 1 TD...but his QBR was 40.7. His QBR in 2018 was 18.3. Heinecke is not the variable that you want to be using for your experiment.

There isn't any way in ****, someone would select Jim Kelly, Bob Griese, or Joe Namath over Aaron Rodgers. Auto 6 month ban if you do.
Add Kelly's USFL Stats with Houston to his NFL Stats then give me a Holler....Not his fault that Norwood missed an easy FG to beat the Giants in the SB....After Kelly drove them into FG range in less than a minute, against an insanely good Giants defense.

Advertisement
So we’re disrespecting Jordy Nelson like he wasn’t an All-Pro WR lol Jordy had a 5 year stretch where he was absolutely balling.

In 2014 A-Rod had two Pro Bowl wr’s in Jordy and Cobb plus rookie Devante Adams. Even fat Eddie Lacy had back to back 1000 yard seasons over that same time. The packers in the early-mid 2010’s were stacked!

He also had an elite offensive line. His supporting cast was good enough. I can’t get on board with the he didn’t have enough help. 2012-2016 that team was as good as any team in the league. He won 1 Super Bowl.
What he do after GB? Exactly what majority of what their guys did when they left , nothing. Weird. Like I said “ there’s a reason he was publicly begging to get back to GB”. He was a nice player , nothing close to great , nobody thinks that.

In 2017, Heinecke's rating was 108.3, he was 1/1 for 10 yards....but his QBR was 1.3. In 2020, Heinecke's rating was 102.3, he was 12/19 for 137 yards and 1 TD...but his QBR was 40.7. His QBR in 2018 was 18.3. Heinecke is not the variable that you want to be using for your experiment.
Use any other average dude. Wentz's career rating is almost ten points higher than Elway. Cousins is almost twenty points higher.

Stop, the reason for that is because as great of a leader and play maker as Elway was, he was 1) a turnover machine through the air and 2) just didn’t throw for many TDs. He threw for 300 TDs and 225 picks on 56% in 16 years. Sure the rules have changed and it is now a passer friendly league but let’s not make these guys out to be better than they are. Also, while it is a passing league now, let’s not forget that Marino, Montana, Fouts and Moon played in offenses that at the time were considered cutting edge and not the 3 yards and the cloud of dust most played.

Advertisement
Add Kelly's USFL Stats with Houston to his NFL Stats then give me a Holler....Not his fault that Norwood missed an easy FG to beat the Giants in the SB....After Kelly drove them into FG range in less than a minute, against an insanely good Giants defense.
So, one game? A game that Aaron Rodgers won by the way (i.e., the Super Bowl).

And let's fact check you for a minute.
You claim, "not his [Kelly's] fault that Norwood missed an easy FG to beat the Giants in the SB.....After Kelly drove them into FG range in less than a minute, against an insanely good Giants defense.
1st. Norwood missed a 47 yard field goal that could have won the game. Going into the game, Norwood was 1 for 5 on field goals over 40 yards on grass. Obviously, a 47-yarder wasn't in his range.

2nd. kelly was not good on that final drive, and it didn't take a minute.

Bills took over with 2:16 on the clock. Here are the plays on that drive.
Kelly scrambles for 8 yards
Kelly scrambles for 1 yard.
Thomas runs for 20 yards
Kelly to Reed for 5 yards
Kelly scrambles for 9 yard
Kelly passes to McKeller for 5 yards (shoestring catch; referees huddle to talk about it because the ball originally looked like it touched the ground.
Thomas run for 11 yard to the 30 yard line.
Norwood misses FG with 8 seconds left.

Either you don't remember that game and you are talking out of your ***, or you are purposely giving false information. Kelly wasn't good on that drive, it took over 2 minutes, and he didn't put them in Norwoods range.

Clip pasted.

Stop, the reason for that is because as great of a leader and play maker as Elway was, he was 1) a turnover machine through the air and 2) just didn’t throw for many TDs. He threw for 300 TDs and 225 picks on 56% in 16 years. Sure the rules have changed and it is now a passer friendly league but let’s not make these guys out to be better than they are. Also, while it is a passing league now, let’s not forget that Marino, Montana, Fouts and Moon played in offenses that at the time were considered cutting edge and not the 3 yards and the cloud of dust most played.
What QBs today do you think are better than Elway? They all have better stats.

Advertisement
Back