NFL Rodger’s to the Jets

Lol....I saw Namath play in person....No way in **** did he have a better release or footwork than Marino. To be honest, Namaths NFL stats are mediocre at best. He had almost as many INTs as TDs. Marino is the Greatest forward passer in NFL History. His weapons were 2 - 5'9 WRs....a So-So TE...and a deplorable running game.

Duper & Clayton weren't anything to sneeze at. Clayton was athletic as h e l l, and Duper ran a 10.2/100M, & a 20.77/200M, and Duper reached the semis for the 100M in the 80' Olympic Trials. Marino had weapons.

Advertisement
There are metrics that adjust for era.

The old that should be mentioned, y'all aren't even mentioning - statistically, the era-adjusted king - Steve Young.

The peak of their powers...its Young, Marino, Manning, Rodgers, Brady, era adjusted.

Pat Mahomes first five years in the league, his average ANY/A+ is 126.2...6th all-time...his.first.five.years.in.the.league.

Also of note...Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are so good, they have TWO qualifying peaks in their careers.

What QBs today do you think are better than Elway? They all have better stats.
Currently, only Rodgers and Mahomes, previously I have Brady, Brees and Manning better as well, there are some kids like Lamar, Allen, Herbert and Burrow that are incomplete up to this point. My point though was that your post was out of bounds in trying to poach two marginal QBs and saying that because their QB ratings were higher this discounted some of the higher stat QBs of the era, in this case Rodgers. Reality is both of those guys havent even started enough games to consider them. If you were going to point out that Matthew Stafford or Matty Ice have way better stats than Elway but arent as good, that would have made sense, and I would have agreed. Your example was taken as a back handed slap against some of the modern guy's accomplishments.

Yes the game has changed and I do think a weight needs to be put on that, I just disagreed with the angle you took. I look at all the eras differently as one should and in the end I have Rodgers as borderline top 5 guy. His per season yds and TD to INT ratio is elite and that has been validated with 4 MVP awards and 5 All Pro nominations, and 1 Super Bowl. I have Elway as a top 10ish, he won two Superbowls and has great stats for the era but he only had 1 MVP and no All Pros.

Arguably* top TEN

Who do you think was a better Packer?
I'm not a Packer fan, but from a personal likeability point of view, I think Farve wins and probably most Green Bay fans would say Favre as well. I would pick Favre over Rodgers based on the eye test.

Stats say Favre and Rodgers are pretty similar.

Post and regular season stats,

PostseasonAaron RodgersBrett Favre
Appearances1211
Games2222
Starts2122
Record (Starter)11-1012-10
Win %.524.546
Pass Completions501438
Pass Attempts774721
Completion %64.7%60.7%
Passing Yards5,8945,311
Passing TD4539
Interceptions1328
Sacks5433
Passer Rating100.185.2
Rush Attempts5651
Rush Yards28572
Rush TDs41
Super Bowl Appearances12
Super Bowl Wins11
Super Bowl MVPs10

Regular SeasonAaron RodgersBrett Favre
Seasons1816
Games230255
Starts223253
Record (Starter)147-75-1160-93
Win %.661.632
Pass Completions5,0015,377
Pass Attempts7,6608,754
Completion %65.3%61.4%
Passing Yards59,05561,655
Passing TD475442
Interceptions105286
Sacks530438
Passer Rating103.685.8
Rush Attempts719555
Rush Yards3,4661,786
Rush TDs3513
NFL MVPs43
All-Pro Selections56
Pro Bowl Selections109

Advertisement
I'm not a Packer fan, but from a personal likeability point of view, I think Farve wins and probably most Green Bay fans would say Favre as well. I would pick Favre over Rodgers based on the eye test.

Stats say Favre and Rodgers are pretty similar.

Post and regular season stats,

PostseasonAaron RodgersBrett Favre
Appearances1211
Games2222
Starts2122
Record (Starter)11-1012-10
Win %.524.546
Pass Completions501438
Pass Attempts774721
Completion %64.7%60.7%
Passing Yards5,8945,311
Passing TD4539
Interceptions1328
Sacks5433
Passer Rating100.185.2
Rush Attempts5651
Rush Yards28572
Rush TDs41
Super Bowl Appearances12
Super Bowl Wins11
Super Bowl MVPs10

Regular SeasonAaron RodgersBrett Favre
Seasons1816
Games230255
Starts223253
Record (Starter)147-75-1160-93
Win %.661.632
Pass Completions5,0015,377
Pass Attempts7,6608,754
Completion %65.3%61.4%
Passing Yards59,05561,655
Passing TD475442
Interceptions105286
Sacks530438
Passer Rating103.685.8
Rush Attempts719555
Rush Yards3,4661,786
Rush TDs3513
NFL MVPs43
All-Pro Selections56
Pro Bowl Selections109
Those stats aren’t that similar. One guy is clearly better than the other guy there.

There are metrics that adjust for era.

The old that should be mentioned, y'all aren't even mentioning - statistically, the era-adjusted king - Steve Young.

The peak of their powers...its Young, Marino, Manning, Rodgers, Brady, era adjusted.

Pat Mahomes first five years in the league, his average ANY/A+ is 126.2...6th all-time...his.first.five.years.in.the.league.

Also of note...Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are so good, they have TWO qualifying peaks in their careers.

Thanks for posting this.

Post season, when it matters, yes. And especially so when people are claiming Rodgers is a top 5 all time qb.
Yeah, I believe him to be borderline top 5 but the question that implored you to post those stats was who was a a better Packer. Those stats clearly show Rodgers is better. They are close in the postseason, but even then 1 to 1 Super Bowl but Rodgers got the Super Bowl MVP.

Advertisement
Lmao. Jordy was a nice player that died the minute he left GB. Rodgers made that dudes career. He was nowhere the same guy in Oakland. There’s a reason he was publicly begging to get back to GB.

Give him those Steeeler defenses , skill guys , ownership and coaching how many rings does he have ? Comparison those situations is hilarious. GB doesn’t even have ownership.
Jordy was what, 32 when he left GB? Definitely not in his prime. You must not have watched much prime Jordy. There were a couple years he was maybe the best deep threat in the NFL. He also had great rapport with Rodgers that helped make him a complete receiver. Rodgers helped him, but he would’ve been a pro bowl receiver with many different QBs

I’ve been a Packers fan since I was 5. I’ve seen the entire Rodgers era pretty closely. He was let down by the franchise in many ways. Took them a long time to get him a good run game, they never made obvious moves to give him more weapons, but he also made his own mistakes that costed the Packers some postseason runs.

Rodgers was great the Super Bowl year, but the defense was what made that team go. Other years Rodgers would put up 35+ and the defense would let him down.

Duper & Clayton weren't anything to sneeze at. Clayton was athletic as h e l l, and Duper ran a 10.2/100M, & a 20.77/200M, and Duper reached the semis for the 100M in the 80' Olympic Trials. Marino had weapons.
Oh Boy....he had 2- 5'9 WRs....a mediocre TE (Joe Rose) and a RB who was a UPS Driver (Parmalee)....even the Killer B Defense (Baumhower, Betters, Blackwood Bros, etc...) were nothing compared to their days with David Woodley. He had some weapons, but nothing to write home about.

Yeah, I believe him to be borderline top 5 but the question that implored you to post those stats was who was a a better Packer. Those stats clearly show Rodgers is better. They are close in the postseason, but even then 1 to 1 Super Bowl but Rodgers got the Super Bowl MVP.
No, the point of posting those stats was to show there is NOT a huge difference between the two and yet no one is saying Favre is a top 10, let alone top 5 qb of all time and rightly so. Farve went to 2 super bowls and had a higher win %. So what has Rodgers done or accomplished that is sooo much better than what Favre did that makes people claim Rodgers is one of the all time greats?

If Rodgers is an all time top 5 qb, then so is Favre. But this is not true, because Rodgers is not even in the top ten all time and neither is Favre.

No, the point of posting those stats was to show there is NOT a huge difference between the two and yet no one is saying Favre is a top 10, let alone top 5 qb of all time and rightly so. Farve went to 2 super bowls and had a higher win %. So what has Rodgers done or accomplished that is sooo much better than what Favre did that makes people claim Rodgers is one of the all time greats?

If Rodgers is an all time top 5 qb, then so is Favre. But this is not true, because Rodgers is not even in the top ten all time and neither is Favre.
Please show me where someone said Favre isn’t a top 10 QB? Favre is top 10ish. Think you are really twisting words here. Rodgers is better than Favre. When you get to this level, the contenders will have great resumes and the differences will be slim. Based on the results what you and others posted clearly show that he is better than Favre. You have yet to post anything that shows he isn’t borderline top 5.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I hope the Jets fork over 2 #1's and then Rodgers decides its not worth it for him to get killed by Miami twice a year and Buffalo twice a year and call it in after one year and an injury he can blame it on.
Jets don't get to the SB and they lose 2 first rounders....that's so NY Jets its gonna happen.

Advertisement
Back