NFL Rodger’s to the Jets

Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, and Greg Jennings are good players, but Rodgers made those guys 1200+ WRs. They were fine but just role players the few years any of those guys were anywhere else.

Adams is a Hall of Famer in all likelihood, but it took him a while to get going and Rodgers was important in taking another Day 2 WR and making him a DUDE.

Lazard is the latest...UDFA, cut from Jacksonville, goes to GB and develops into a really solid WR.

I'm not calling these players chicken ****, but Rodgers made those guys into legit DUDES and the Packers took it for granted and never added pieces that put them over the top. idc what happens with Jordan Love...but Packers moving up to get him when they were a bad break from the Super Bowl, only for the next year to get toasted because they had ******* Kevin King (a known scrub at the time) out there covering dudes...terrible.

Advertisement
He got Adams late in his career and the first few years he was a drop machine , very inconsistent. Adams has even said that in interviews.

The OL isn’t exactly great , it’s been shaky and had injury issues.
Jordy Nelson was a beast.

Their OL has been pretty good most of his career. Some of that is because of him, though.

I think that is the hold up with Rodgers signing. Reports suggest the Packers want some compensation. Just a matter of them agreeing at this point, but I don't think it's going to require a first to get him. Truth is we paid a lot for "his favorite receiver," more than we probably should have.
There is talk of them trying to get a first

I mean they asked him his opinions on possible free agents and he gave it. How’s that dictating power or demanding ? The guy has almost played two decades while getting very little help and no first round draft picks. You’d think he’d be publicly demanding **** over those years if he was who you say he is.
So your logic is that the Jets just asked the Green Bay QB, while under contract with Green Bay, for free agent "opinions"? And the result of those opinions was that Green Bay QB lost two of his closest buddies to the Jets? Yeah, Rogers role was purely advisory and he has no stake in the (obvious) outcome.... Plus this happens all the time right? Team B comes to a player on Team A and says, "Tell us who is good, on your team, so we can sign them away" and the player does just that. Yep, happens all the time.

All I can say is that his "requests" were reported, many places, as "demands" and I have no doubt that was the case. If you think any pro team had Cobb or Lewis high on the list of free agents, at this point in their careers....well that would be a clueless team. Rogers just got his boys paychecks. Nothing wrong with that, but this wasn't a matter of adding impact free agents. **** Lewis is a 15 year vet who caught 6 total passes last year. Cobb caught 34 for 413 yards.

Rogers has made public demands in the past. They are part of his annual passive aggressive hissy fits, but they usually focused on his salary. Take a look at his cap hits (to make him happy), and the total cap GB often had to work with, and you see why GB lacked high profile free agents.

Now, does that excuse not drafting better pass catchers? No. Does it mean he was not great? Of course not. Is he the right idea for a Jets team with a real future right now? I already addressed that.

Advertisement
For all the draft capital and cap they invested in the defense during Rodgers run really didn't amount to much. Some good players for sure. Some dawgs. But as a unit, they kind of topped out at around league fringe Top 10 defense give or take a couple spots. Nothing overly special considering the investment.

Imagine if this Packer team that just made a run didn't draft Datone Jones and picked the guy drafted with the next pick...Nuke Hopkins? I hate making those kind of what if's, but...what if? nahmean? it hard to not think this team could have pulled off one or more Super Bowls in that time. (I know in that alternate dimension that means they may not have taken Davante Adams next year...but I digress).

I'm just saying they could have done more to win more than one championship in the Rodgers Era of the franchise. If they did, they would have.

After that bleacher report article on Rodgers a couple years ago I’m pretty sure he’s not going into NY with a great attitude.

Advertisement
Rodgers being a subpar leader keeps him out of the brady joe level imo. Never seemed like he’d go to the depths brady would to win

I think if tua is healthy and the Dolphins offense is half as good as it was last year they’ll win the division.

I don't think the Jets are signing off on a one and done with Rodgers. I'm assuming they have addressed that. So give me 2-3 of Aaron all day. I think the upside of Aaron getting us into the playoffs, and helping get us over the hump is far more valuable than anything Carr can give us in 4-7. Carr won't be winning anything big anytime soon. Rodgers at least gives us a chance.
It's a fair take. My buddy who is a huge Jets fan feels the exact same way.

From an outsider perspective I wouldn't want that guy anywhere near my team but if you're desperate to finally start winning after years of futility like the Jets are, I definitely see the appeal.

Advertisement
Aaron Rogers is selfish, and a terrible leader. He maybe the most talented QB the NFL has seen to this point in terms of his arm strength, his accuracy, and his mobility. With that said his lack of leadership skills, and honestly he is just a weird dude, hasn't lent itself to more postseason success.

Would the Jets win a few more regular season games? Sure.

So your logic is that the Jets just asked the Green Bay QB, while under contract with Green Bay, for free agent "opinions"? And the result of those opinions was that Green Bay QB lost two of his closest buddies to the Jets? Yeah, Rogers role was purely advisory and he has no stake in the (obvious) outcome.... Plus this happens all the time right? Team B comes to a player on Team A and says, "Tell us who is good, on your team, so we can sign them away" and the player does just that. Yep, happens all the time.

All I can say is that his "requests" were reported, many places, as "demands" and I have no doubt that was the case. If you think any pro team had Cobb or Lewis high on the list of free agents, at this point in their careers....well that would be a clueless team. Rogers just got his boys paychecks. Nothing wrong with that, but this wasn't a matter of adding impact free agents. **** Lewis is a 15 year vet who caught 6 total passes last year. Cobb caught 34 for 413 yards.

Rogers has made public demands in the past. They are part of his annual passive aggressive hissy fits, but they usually focused on his salary. Take a look at his cap hits (to make him happy), and the total cap GB often had to work with, and you see why GB lacked high profile free agents.

Now, does that excuse not drafting better pass catchers? No. Does it mean he was not great? Of course not. Is he the right idea for a Jets team with a real future right now? I already addressed that.
Reading your comments it’s pretty obvious you hate the guy and have an agenda for whatever reasons, which is fine.

As for demanding, the guy hasn’t been given crap in his entire career in FA versus other great qb’s. He plays in a small market that doesn’t spend so spare me on him making “ demands“. History says if he‘s making demands it doesn’t go anywhere. I guess you read an article that says he’s demanded fa’s so it must be true right ? Even though none of them have had a clue about the deal or the inner workings. Only Trey Wingo had a clue what was going on the last week. No other insider knew jack. Another reason the “ demanding” crap makes makes no sense is the Jets not having a ton of cap room. They can’t sign many guys. If I’m going somewhere at his age I’d at least like to know if they’ll add any help , but demanding anything is comical.

When it comes to the media and Rodgers I don’t take much from it the last two years , there’s been plenty of hit pieces and lies because he doesn’t align with the mainstream cult. If you hate the guy that’s cool but his hatred has jumped up dramatically the last two years. Which should shock nobody.

Last edited:
Jordy Nelson was a top skill guy with size, skill and speed.

Rodgers is an all-time great but he had plenty of postseason duds. Roethlisberger was the better player.
Lmao. Jordy was a nice player that died the minute he left GB. Rodgers made that dudes career. He was nowhere the same guy in Oakland. There’s a reason he was publicly begging to get back to GB.

Give him those Steeeler defenses , skill guys , ownership and coaching how many rings does he have ? Comparison those situations is hilarious. GB doesn’t even have ownership.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lmao. Jordy was a nice player that sided the minute he left GB. Rodgers made that dudes career. He was nowhere the same guy in Oakland. There’s a reason he was publicly begging to get back to GB.

Give him those Steeeler defenses , skill guys , ownership and coaching how many rings does he have ? Comparison those situations is hilarious. GB doesn’t even have ownership.
Green Bay always had great rosters. The Packers have been one of the best drafting teams since at least 2012. ESPN statistical analysis has them in the Top 5, and their best draft classes were before the cutoff.

The idea that Green Bay didn’t surround him with talent is a myth.

Green Bay always had great rosters. The Packers have been one of the best drafting teams since at least 2012. ESPN statistical analysis has them in the Top 5, and their best draft classes were before the cutoff.

The idea that Green Bay didn’t surround him with talent is a myth.

They drafted well under Brett too, weird. So all time greats make other guys look better than they are ? You don’t say ? My question is what happened to most of those guys when they left GB?

Rodgers has in fact laid turds but to say he was playing with the same players , the same coaches or ownerships as other greats you’re tripping. Go look at their free agent moves and first rounder his entire time in GB. It’s the same as Brett, put everything on their right arms and ride them until they leave.

It's a fair take. My buddy who is a huge Jets fan feels the exact same way.

From an outsider perspective I wouldn't want that guy anywhere near my team but if you're desperate to finally start winning after years of futility like the Jets are, I definitely see the appeal.

I think he is an odd dude and looks like a drug addict. I also know his views won't be embraced by the local media, and he may be a locker room distraction.

With all that said, he's arguably a top five QB of all time, and we will take the good with the bad, even if there are no guarantees.

Rodgers had plenty of talent around for years...and he lost most of the critical games at home no less.

Dude turning 40, was about to retire and only after his darkness/lightness BS, and learning the Pack didn't want him anymore, he then chose to play. LOL...good luck New Jersey Jets!

Advertisement
Back