NFL Rodger’s to the Jets

Yayyyyy now this means Minnesota will sign Rodgers next year ! Seen this story before.

*minus bountygate this time, because minnesota's looking like they're trying to get back to being a competitive 5-12 team*

AFC East will be fun to watch though, with New England hopefully sitting at the bottom.

Advertisement
I do not know how he is going to play or if he will succeed but it will be interesting to see the networks salivate over Jets games for the first time in decades.

Jets will have many primetime opportunities between the Bills twice, Pats, Chiefs, my Giants, Dallas and Philly on the schedule in '23 ...
...CBS game of the week, NBC Sunday Night and ABC Monday Night will fight for all those matchups now.

ABC 123... You'd have to be smoking the finest crack to think a competent QB wouldn't have got the Jets to the playoffs.

Rogers, and his wish list, may not be enough for a Super Bowl, but it's way ******* better than the basura we had under center.

That's a stone cold fact.

With that said, I don't expect many rational takes on here, lol. I fully expect Phin fans to talk loads of ****, and rightfully so.
This, people forget that as bad as Rodgers was last year, he went for 3700 26 and 12 of 65%. He did this with Lazard as his #1 and a broken thumb on his throwing hand. I believe that the reports of his demise are greatly exaggerated. The Jets have some great offensive pieces in Wilson and Hall and I believe that Rodgers would also properly utilize E Moore. Saleh will also have that defense ready to compete. It’s not a long term deal but the Jets will make noise the next couple of years.

This, people forget that as bad as Rodgers was last year, he went for 3700 26 and 12 of 65%. He did this with Lazard as his #1 and a broken thumb on his throwing hand. I believe that the reports of his demise are greatly exaggerated. The Jets have some great offensive pieces in Wilson and Hall and I believe that Rodgers would also properly utilize E Moore. Saleh will also have that defense ready to compete. It’s not a long term deal but the Jets will make noise the next couple of years.
He's still a very good QB. He's just so apathetic and disinterested playing football. To me, at this stage of his career, he's like a really good Jay Cutler. I felt like last year he was just going through the motions. That said, Aaron Rodgers "going through the motions" is still better than most of the qb play in the NFL.

Advertisement
Wait till he gets to camp. He'll hate the Jets as much as I do. He'll hate Jets people even more.

I don’t think he gets a pass , he gets destroyed a lot. That said him and Favre played for a small market franchise that never wanted to get them help. They just rode their arms and sprinkled in guys. I can’t remember the stat but they went something like a decade without getting him a skill guy in the first round. Something like that.

They definately ignored skill in the first round.

1678910376826.png

He's still a very good QB. He's just so apathetic and disinterested playing football. To me, at this stage of his career, he's like a really good Jay Cutler. I felt like last year he was just going through the motions. That said, Aaron Rodgers "going through the motions" is still better than most of the qb play in the NFL.
He was going through the motions but the Packers gave him chicken scratch to work with. In terms of his overall disinterest, I just think it was given his situation in GB, if he really didnt want to play, he would have shut it down when he broke his thumb. As a Bears fans, it pains me to even defend the guy but Im just happy he is out of the division.

Advertisement
I don’t think he gets a pass , he gets destroyed a lot. That said him and Favre played for a small market franchise that never wanted to get them help. They just rode their arms and sprinkled in guys. I can’t remember the stat but they went something like a decade without getting him a skill guy in the first round. Something like that.
*edit: I didn't see the screenshot 2 posts above while I was diving into this, smh, oops*

I had to look it up because I couldn't remember off the top of my head. The last time the Packers drafted a non QB offensive skill position was Javon Walker in 2002...Jesus I didnt think it was THAT long, I know they try to make their bread and butter with mid round evals at WR & RB...but wow lol.

Gets even better though. Between 2005 and 2022, the packers have drafted an offensive position in the 1st round 4 out of 18 years. 2 Tackles and 2 QBs. In that time span, there were 2 years where they had no first round pick.

And to just continue digging into this. Going from when Favre got traded to GB to now, the Packers have used a 1st round pick on an offensive player 9 out of 31 years. 2 QBs, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 T, 2 G

But if we wanna give em benefit of the doubt, we can consider it 10 out of 31, if we count the Philly 1st rounder GB traded to get Favre..

Last edited:
I am not surprised by this as a Jets move but, even then...wow.

The Jets appeared to make smart, long term moves, with the last draft and Saleh's hiring and staff. OK, looking toward the future in a way the Jets never do, or usually have the luxury of doing.

BUT THEN they target a 39 year old passive aggressive QB who openly contemplated retirement for multiple seasons in a row and is a notorious **** to young players (on a team of young players). They allow him the power to dictate who they sign, BEFORE they even sign him (including guys like Cobb and Lewis who are simply done). Then they give up what look to be multiple high picks for what clearly is a short term rental. So much for the culture Saleh wanted to build.

The Jets just sold their soul. Stupid.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I had to look it up because I couldn't remember off the top of my head. The last time the Packers drafted a non QB offensive skill position was Javon Walker in 2002...Jesus I didnt think it was THAT long, I know they try to make their bread and butter with mid round evals at WR & RB...but wow lol.

Gets even better though. Between 2005 and 2022, the packers have drafted an offensive position in the 1st round 4 out of 18 years. 2 Tackles and 2 QBs. In that time span, there were 2 years where they had no first round pick.

And to just continue digging into this. Going from when Favre got traded to GB to now, the Packers have used a 1st round pick on an offensive player 9 out of 31 years. 2 QBs, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 T, 2 G

But if we wanna give em benefit of the doubt, we can consider it 10 out of 31, if we count the Philly 1st rounder GB traded to get Favre..
They’ve had historically talented qb’s and we’re like “ here, go win us championships“. While never having great coaches and not much help. Rarely spending in FA. Yet he’s always blasted for coming up short. He has laid some turds but he’s also put them in position to win a lot of games and the D lost the lead. Next to Mario I can’t think of many great qb’s that had as much on their plate as him.

I am not surprised by this as a Jets move but, even then...wow.

The Jets appeared to make smart, long term moves, with the last draft and Saleh's hiring and staff. OK, looking toward the future in a way the Jets never do, or usually have the luxury of doing.

BUT THEN they target a 39 year old passive aggressive QB who openly contemplated retirement for multiple seasons in a row and is a notorious **** to young players (on a team of young players). They allow him the power to dictate who they sign, BEFORE they even sign him (including guys like Cobb and Lewis who are simply done). Then they give up what look to be multiple high picks for what clearly is a short term rental.

The Jets just sold their soul. Stupid.
I mean they asked him his opinions on possible free agents and he gave it. How’s that dictating power or demanding ? The guy has almost played two decades while getting very little help and no first round draft picks. You’d think he’d be publicly demanding **** over those years if he was who you say he is.

They definately ignored skill in the first round.

View attachment 232968
They ignored the skill position in the first round because they normally hit on skills guys in the later rounds. People are acting like he didn’t have a top 3 Wr in Adams, top running back in Jones, and a consistently good oline the pass couple years.

Advertisement
They ignored the skill position in the first round because they normally hit on skills guys in the later rounds. People are acting like he didn’t have a top 3 Wr in Parker, top running back in Jones, and a consistently good oline the pass couple years.
Adams too

ABC 123... You'd have to be smoking the finest crack to think a competent QB wouldn't have got the Jets to the playoffs.

Rogers, and his wish list, may not be enough for a Super Bowl, but it's way ******* better than the basura we had under center.

That's a stone cold fact.

With that said, I don't expect many rational takes on here, lol. I fully expect Phin fans to talk loads of ****, and rightfully so.

Problem is what are the Jets giving up for him? It’s not like the Jets are just missing a quarterback to get them to the Super Bowl.

Advertisement
Back