RJ and Norton will be back once they see their draft evals

Nose tackles rarely go 1st round. Kenny Clark was consistently the best player on the field for UCLA and that's the exception. Norton is a 3rd/4th guy imo. He would have a lot more media buzz if he returned for a year but it's not a given that he would be drafted any higher.

McIntosh should be 2nd round at worst. There isn't much more he can show with another year of college. If I were him I wouldn't risk injury.

Besides Walton those are the only guys who should consider declaring.

Also important to note that the most important financial factor is the 2nd contract so in some cases (RBs especially) it's better to declare a year earlier and potentially get drafted lower than delay that 2nd contract by a year and risk injury. That's why so many declare every year - many to their peril unfortunately.

Advertisement
RJ McIntosh and Kendrick Norton are both 1st round talents and will go in the 1st no matter if they enter the draft this year or next... hope they stay to win their 2nd national championship.

Heard some of you saying the same thing about Brad Kayaak last September. :babyface:

Lol comparing talent that's actually elite and all time at UM to the fake hype this board had over Kaaya??... u must not realize who you're replying to bc I'm definitelt not in that group.

Wasn't implying that you were, just eluding to a point that was factual back in Sept 2016 concerning members of this board.

Kids do develop in a year. Heck even pros develop past their rookie seasons. The big guys always need more strength and coach Kuo's technical coaching if they want to stay in the league long term. And kids can lose millions in their first contract by reading their own press clippings and leave early. The pro scouts come in and watch tape of just you and look at the toughest games. 1 fumble return does not a first rounder make.

But I do understand that these kids have already made up their minds. Hope their handlers have seen everything objectively. Kayaa and Yearby's clearly did not.

Lol has anyone else noticed this guys threads lately?
RJ has a SPECIAL get off& skill set. He won't go later than rd 2 if he decides to go pro.

These guys are both true juniors. They have one of the best defensive line coaches in the country to learn from. They need to stay as badly as we need them to stay.

Advertisement
McIntosh is the best DT in the country right now. You hardly find DTs who can rush the passer. That's the most valuable thing on D. He will go first round if he goes imo. I hope one of them stays. Ain't Moten a SR too? It would be really tough to lose 3 of your 4 deep at DT.

I don't think McIntosh will come back.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Used to be a time we bragged about NFL U, now folks so scurred about depth they want everyone to stay, like u would prefer Yearby and Kaaya on the field this season; no shade to beloved Canes.

Advertisement
I look at a lot of mock drafts. Odd hobby of mine to pass time at the office.

No 3 or 4 round mock draft I've seen includes RJ or Norton. Plenty of DTs before them though.

Those sites usually are pretty accurate in terms of what round guys go in

Unless these guys make a foolish decision they should come back and improve their stock

The have 3-5 games to improve their stock this season, and you'd be surprised what a natty does to draft stock.

RJ improved his stock yesterday.

RJ McIntosh and Kendrick Norton are both 1st round talents and will go in the 1st no matter if they enter the draft this year or next... hope they stay to win their 2nd national championship.

I hope they stay, but when they get their draft evaluations, it will be a difficult decision.
They are both going to go in the first 2 rounds, stats be damned.

You have to look at them through scouts eyes, not through fans' eyes, or off stats.

They are both top tier NFL defensive line talents pure and simple. Pocket collapsers are hard to find and in high demand.

I wish everyone would stay 4-5 years, but then I also remember one of my favorite Canes of all time, Rusty Madeiris, who was the best defensive player in college football, until one play took altered his future. Same with Melvin Bratton.

If they do stay, we would have an incredible defense next year, especially if Jaquan stays as well. Top talent with serious depth.

McIntosh will probably get a first or second round grade. And once scouts really take the time to watch his film I think he'll only rise. Not sure how much homework has been done on him yet by scouts because he wasn't a huge name heading into this season.

Norton will probably get a 3rd or 4th round grade, but I think he leaves anyway. From reading the boards he was leaning towards heading to the draft moreso than McIntosh before the season even started. Norton's style of play doesn't lend itself to being a first round pick. He needs more production rushing the passer to get into the first two rounds IMO.

Advertisement
McIntosh will probably get a first or second round grade. And once scouts really take the time to watch his film I think he'll only rise. Not sure how much homework has been done on him yet by scouts because he wasn't a huge name heading into this season.

Norton will probably get a 3rd or 4th round grade, but I think he leaves anyway. From reading the boards he was leaning towards heading to the draft moreso than McIntosh before the season even started. Norton's style of play doesn't lend itself to being a first round pick. He needs more production rushing the passer to get into the first two rounds IMO.

Bullsh*t that air guitar sack celebration is 2nd round material at a minimum.

Advertisement
If the Dolphins were smart, they'd dump Suh and get both these guys. But they suck, so they'll draft one of those ND lineman these guys beat up on.

You're kidding yourself re: RJ. Norton could probably use another year, but he's likely gone too.

Advertisement
Back