RJ and Norton will be back once they see their draft evals

So someone who follows other people that create fake NFL drafts before the college season ends says that RJ and Norton won’t get picked in the first 4 rounds?

Well, thanks for clearing that all up.

Now they can finally focus on winning games for us.

Advertisement
Only DTs in the Draft I can see being taken ahead of RJ McIntosh:

Christian Wilkins (6'4" 300lbs)
Vita Vea (6'5" 340lbs)
Da'Ron Payne (6'2" 309lbs)
Dre'Mont Jones (6'3" 295lbs)
Derrick Nnandi (6'1" 313lbs)
Trenton Thompson (6'4" 295lbs)
Taven Bryan (6'4" 291lbs)
Harrison Philips (6'4" 285lbs)
Rasheem Green (6'4" 276lbs)

RJ McIntosh (6'4" 291lbs)
Kendrick Norton (6'3" 312lbs)

So in the worst case scenario if McIntosh declared early, he'd go top 10 DTs. There were 12 DTs drafted in the Top 4 rounds last year. And Another 10 drafted in rounds 5-7. Having said that I think Kendrick Norton would be making a big mistake by leaving early. Rj McIntosh is having a great year though, so I think he would be picked in the first 2 days (=1st, 2nd, or 3rd) of the draft for sure.

This is why RJ shouldn’t go. Not only is he a redshirt sophomore and only 21 but all of those guys are 3-Tech DT’s(except vita vea) and are probably going before him. Kendrick on the other is a 1-Tech Tackle and those guys are usually taken in the 3rd round and that’s actually where he’s graded according to NFL draft Scout and Walter football...still beilieve if he tests well then he’ll go late first not to mention he’s also 20.

RJ is a redshirt sophomore?

Only DTs in the Draft I can see being taken ahead of RJ McIntosh:

Christian Wilkins (6'4" 300lbs)
Vita Vea (6'5" 340lbs)
Da'Ron Payne (6'2" 309lbs)
Dre'Mont Jones (6'3" 295lbs)
Derrick Nnandi (6'1" 313lbs)
Trenton Thompson (6'4" 295lbs)
Taven Bryan (6'4" 291lbs)
Harrison Philips (6'4" 285lbs)
Rasheem Green (6'4" 276lbs)

RJ McIntosh (6'4" 291lbs)
Kendrick Norton (6'3" 312lbs)

So in the worst case scenario if McIntosh declared early, he'd go top 10 DTs. There were 12 DTs drafted in the Top 4 rounds last year. And Another 10 drafted in rounds 5-7. Having said that I think Kendrick Norton would be making a big mistake by leaving early. Rj McIntosh is having a great year though, so I think he would be picked in the first 2 days (=1st, 2nd, or 3rd) of the draft for sure.

This is why RJ shouldn’t go. Not only is he a redshirt sophomore and only 21 but all of those guys are 3-Tech DT’s(except vita vea) and are probably going before him. Kendrick on the other is a 1-Tech Tackle and those guys are usually taken in the 3rd round and that’s actually where he’s graded according to NFL draft Scout and Walter football...still beilieve if he tests well then he’ll go late first not to mention he’s also 20.

RJ is a redshirt sophomore?

Nope, for some reason I thought he was

Can you guys let them play our their freaking season. I don't mind a thread or two on the subject, but 5 per day is ridiculous. They have been great for Miami, it's been a pleasure to finally have legit DTs. They will leave when they leave.

Can you guys let them play our their freaking season. I don't mind a thread or two on the subject, but 5 per day is ridiculous. They have been great for Miami, it's been a pleasure to finally have legit DTs. They will leave when they leave.

Well said.

Advertisement
Good news is Gerald Willis is on Deck

If RJ comes back then oh boy are we in for an amazing year next year

It sounds hyperbolic but if RJ and Norton both declare, Gerald Willis may be our most important player next year.

It sounds hyperbolic but if RJ and Norton both declare, Gerald Willis may be our most important player next year.

Still think he is the most talented of the 3. Was the most productive dt last year when he was healthy

I think he's more physically talented than Norton. A slight notch below RJ.

But he has to show that he can play at a high-level consistently.

Advertisement

Well said.

How could you expect people not to talk about this. They are key to Miami sustaining success next year.

Well said.

How could you expect people not to talk about this. They are key to Miami sustaining success next year.

It's an important discussion but it's been beaten to death.

I got a feeling the Richt and the captain Jaquan Johnson willl convince these guys to come back.. If these kids all come back next year we will be preseason top 2 and have a dominant squad..

If either leaves it's a gigantic mistake

DL is one position coming back improves your stock. You get bigger and stronger.

If Miami wants to sustain top 10 status we have to stop losing jrs to 4-5 round draft picks

If you look at the tape, the only think McIntosh can do is repeat this year. He absolutely destroys teams in the trenches.

I'd be shocked if he stays, but it'd be huge if he does. I haven't seen a better DT in the country.

Advertisement
RJ McIntosh and Kendrick Norton are both 1st round talents and will go in the 1st no matter if they enter the draft this year or next... hope they stay to win their 2nd national championship.

RJ could *possibly* find his way there, but highly unlikely. Norton's not going in the 1st this year.

Advertisement
RJ McIntosh and Kendrick Norton are both 1st round talents and will go in the 1st no matter if they enter the draft this year or next... hope they stay to win their 2nd national championship.

You wanna bet on that?

Yep.... if you think 32 teams are going to pass up on two of the best DTs in the country, that are the primary reason we have a national championship caliber defense, with Coach Kool as their dline coach??.. I don't know what to tell you.

Most of the ppl in this thread want to push this "they're not that good narrative so they should come back." Is bullshxt. They're great and still should come back.. hope they do.

Last edited:
Mock drafts are dumb as ****. Just because your local nfl nerd who doesn’t watch college football hasn’t read an article on espn about them, and therefore doesn’t know who they are, doesn’t mean they wont be fairly high picks. I could see Norton staying but RJ is going to be a first rounder. I see no way he stays.

I look at a lot of mock drafts. Odd hobby of mine to pass time at the office.

No 3 or 4 round mock draft I've seen includes RJ or Norton. Plenty of DTs before them though.

Those sites usually are pretty accurate in terms of what round guys go in

Unless these guys make a foolish decision they should come back and improve their stock

Dude, shut up. McIntosh is one of the best DTs in the country.

Advertisement
Back