RJ and Norton will be back once they see their draft evals

Havent seen any mocks but one site had norton with a 3rd-5th round grade. Didnt see mcintosh listed.

Advertisement
IMO McIntosh will receive a very favorable grade whereas Norton will be advised to return for Sr year.

At this point in the year, mock drafts are mostly trash. Mostly straight up guesses.
****, "scouts" who are quoted in articles are mostly guessing (if they're even really scouts and not just anonymous BS).

The name to view in comparison to RJ Mcintosh's potential draft grade is Malik Mcdowell.
He was selected #35 overall last year to play the role RJ will likely play in the NFL.
RJ can slip his way into the 1st round. And, if there's a chance, he should go. For his own sake.

IMO McIntosh will receive a very favorable grade whereas Norton will be advised to return for Sr year.

This seems likely.

Norton is a monster but he could really elevate his stock with the hype he'd have entering 2018.

By the way, Mcintosh is an absolute stud whose best days are ahead of him, but if Kendrick Norton returns next year, we're absolutely *******.

D-Jax/DJ Johnson/Patchan (would like to see him back on D)
Norton/Ford/Silvera
Willis/Bethel/Martin
Joe Jackson/Garvin/Rousseau

Advertisement
I look at a lot of mock drafts. Odd hobby of mine to pass time at the office.

No 3 or 4 round mock draft I've seen includes RJ or Norton. Plenty of DTs before them though.

Those sites usually are pretty accurate in terms of what round guys go in

Unless these guys make a foolish decision they should come back and improve their stock

Ignore the mock drafts at this point. RJ is looked at as a 1st rounder w/teams and Norton 3rd-4th.

Only DTs in the Draft I can see being taken ahead of RJ McIntosh:

Christian Wilkins (6'4" 300lbs)
Vita Vea (6'5" 340lbs)
Da'Ron Payne (6'2" 309lbs)
Dre'Mont Jones (6'3" 295lbs)
Derrick Nnandi (6'1" 313lbs)
Trenton Thompson (6'4" 295lbs)
Taven Bryan (6'4" 291lbs)
Harrison Philips (6'4" 285lbs)
Rasheem Green (6'4" 276lbs)

RJ McIntosh (6'4" 291lbs)
Kendrick Norton (6'3" 312lbs)

So in the worst case scenario if McIntosh declared early, he'd go top 10 DTs. There were 12 DTs drafted in the Top 4 rounds last year. And Another 10 drafted in rounds 5-7. Having said that I think Kendrick Norton would be making a big mistake by leaving early. Rj McIntosh is having a great year though, so I think he would be picked in the first 2 days (=1st, 2nd, or 3rd) of the draft for sure.

Moe Hurst from Michigan too, honestly probably top 3 DT in the country, dude is a beast.

but he's not going to be playing 3tech dt at all, he's a 5tech all the way. dudes under 280lbs.

Just to let you guys know also, McIntosh didn't have the best game vs ND. He certainly made plays, but he got put on his back way more than he should have, and he got washed out on a lot of plays too. Norton probably had a more evenly better performance. McIntosh made some nice plays, but his negative plays were really bad, whereas Norton was just good the entire day.

McIntosh needs to work on his pad level and feet and not use the spin move as much. He gets really high alot and its really not good. Secondly sometimes he doesn't move his feet enough and it leads to him being driven backwards. Lastly he uses that spin move way too often. He a pretty athletic 3tech dt, but not many Dts have a fast spin move, and McIntosh doesn't really have on either. It actually is effective a solid amount of times, but you can't get in the bad habit of using it too often, especially in the run game.

Just to let you guys know also, McIntosh didn't have the best game vs ND. He certainly made plays, but he got put on his back way more than he should have, and he got washed out on a lot of plays too. Norton probably had a more evenly better performance. McIntosh made some nice plays, but his negative plays were really bad, whereas Norton was just good the entire day.

McIntosh needs to work on his pad level and feet and not use the spin move as much. He gets really high alot and its really not good. Secondly sometimes he doesn't move his feet enough and it leads to him being driven backwards. Lastly he uses that spin move way too often. He a pretty athletic 3tech dt, but not many Dts have a fast spin move, and McIntosh doesn't really have on either. It actually is effective a solid amount of times, but you can't get in the bad habit of using it too often, especially in the run game.

I seen the Same thing. And at 6'4-6'5 pad level will always be difficult for him at that 3 tech position. Ppl love RJ and believe me so do I great athlete for that position. But trust Norton does all the dirty work for the team and allow others to make plays continuously taking on Double teams and not getting push back into the Linebackers laps. Both should say but I think if RJ goes to the combine and his physical attributes he could rise up draft boards quickly.

Advertisement
RJ McIntosh and Kendrick Norton are both 1st round talents and will go in the 1st no matter if they enter the draft this year or next... hope they stay to win their 2nd national championship.

You wanna bet on that?

Yep.... if you think 32 teams are going to pass up on two of the best DTs in the country, that are the primary reason we have a national championship caliber defense, with Coach Kool as their dline coach??.. I don't know what to tell you.

Most of the ppl in this thread want to push this "they're not that good narrative so they should come back." Is bullshxt. They're great and still should come back.. hope they do.

Lifetime ban bet?

Loser leave town match?

I look at a lot of mock drafts. Odd hobby of mine to pass time at the office.

No 3 or 4 round mock draft I've seen includes RJ or Norton. Plenty of DTs before them though.

Those sites usually are pretty accurate in terms of what round guys go in

Unless these guys make a foolish decision they should come back and improve their stock

The same mock draft sites had Kaaya as a possible selection in round No.1 through No. 3! dUh. And Cane fan knows what happen with those predictions and all that. hUh.

If you listen to dopey arms-length UM fans, none of our players can improve with an extra year of college football, and all of our players should leave after 3 years in the program.

Advertisement
If you listen to dopey arms-length UM fans, none of our players can improve with an extra year of college football, and all of our players should leave after 3 years in the program.

If a player is any good he'll leave here after three seasons - just like Thomas, Harris, Berrios, Molten, McDermott, Darling, Herndon...

If a player is any good he'll leave here after three seasons - just like Thomas, Harris, Berrios, Molten, McDermott, Darling, Herndon...

YAGpXPd.png

Advertisement
RJ McIntosh and Kendrick Norton are both 1st round talents and will go in the 1st no matter if they enter the draft this year or next... hope they stay to win their 2nd national championship.

Heard some of you saying the same thing about Brad Kayaak last September. :babyface:

Heard some of you saying the same thing about Brad Kayaak last September. :babyface:

Lol comparing talent that's actually elite and all time at UM to the fake hype this board had over Kaaya??... u must not realize who you're replying to bc I'm definitelt not in that group.

If it makes you feel better, then by all means put stock in these mock drafts, but RJ is likely headed to the NFL. His floor would be the 3rd round. Norton has ready indicated he is leaning towards the draft as well. You might have a chance with him, but it's probably 40% at best that one stays, and virtually no chance that both do. These are two kids who have shown elite things on film down the stretch and played their asses off. Godspeed.

Advertisement
Back