RJ and Norton will be back once they see their draft evals

RJ McIntosh and Kendrick Norton are both 1st round talents and will go in the 1st no matter if they enter the draft this year or next... hope they stay to win their 2nd national championship.

RJ could *possibly* find his way there, but highly unlikely. Norton's not going in the 1st this year.

You do realize they are different. A 3-4 defense is taking Norton all day.

Advertisement
Only DTs in the Draft I can see being taken ahead of RJ McIntosh:

Christian Wilkins (6'4" 300lbs)
Vita Vea (6'5" 340lbs)
Da'Ron Payne (6'2" 309lbs)
Dre'Mont Jones (6'3" 295lbs)
Derrick Nnandi (6'1" 313lbs)
Trenton Thompson (6'4" 295lbs)
Taven Bryan (6'4" 291lbs)
Harrison Philips (6'4" 285lbs)
Rasheem Green (6'4" 276lbs)

RJ McIntosh (6'4" 291lbs)
Kendrick Norton (6'3" 312lbs)

So in the worst case scenario if McIntosh declared early, he'd go top 10 DTs. There were 12 DTs drafted in the Top 4 rounds last year. And Another 10 drafted in rounds 5-7. Having said that I think Kendrick Norton would be making a big mistake by leaving early. Rj McIntosh is having a great year though, so I think he would be picked in the first 2 days (=1st, 2nd, or 3rd) of the draft for sure.

Moe Hurst from Michigan too, honestly probably top 3 DT in the country, dude is a beast.

No one should pay attention to mocks this time of year.... Plenty of players drop and plenty improve their stock greatly.

RJ McIntosh and Kendrick Norton are both 1st round talents and will go in the 1st no matter if they enter the draft this year or next... hope they stay to win their 2nd national championship.

You wanna bet on that?

Yep.... if you think 32 teams are going to pass up on two of the best DTs in the country, that are the primary reason we have a national championship caliber defense, with Coach Kool as their dline coach??.. I don't know what to tell you.

Most of the ppl in this thread want to push this "they're not that good narrative so they should come back." Is bullshxt. They're great and still should come back.. hope they do.

Lifetime ban bet?

Advertisement

You wanna bet on that?

Yep.... if you think 32 teams are going to pass up on two of the best DTs in the country, that are the primary reason we have a national championship caliber defense, with Coach Kool as their dline coach??.. I don't know what to tell you.

Most of the ppl in this thread want to push this "they're not that good narrative so they should come back." Is bullshxt. They're great and still should come back.. hope they do.

Lifetime ban bet?

Please make it happen!!! Both are not 1st round. People that say they are are clueless to the draft and are just homers. McIntosh has the only chance. Norton has a good chance to go in the 3rd-4th round.

I look at a lot of mock drafts. Odd hobby of mine to pass time at the office.

No 3 or 4 round mock draft I've seen includes RJ or Norton. Plenty of DTs before them though.

Those sites usually are pretty accurate in terms of what round guys go in

Unless these guys make a foolish decision they should come back and improve their stock

Once the season over and these players will get evaluated RJ for sure will shoot up the draft boards.. As of right now, it's all about the players who was preseason this and preseason that, BUT once the season has concluded and all the stats go in and pro scouts start looking at tape, our guys will start to get some love!! RJ is causing havoc all game long, and Norton is hard to block in the middle..

Let's have this discussion after the season!!

Can you guys let them play our their freaking season. I don't mind a thread or two on the subject, but 5 per day is ridiculous. They have been great for Miami, it's been a pleasure to finally have legit DTs. They will leave when they leave.

Well said.

How could you expect people not to talk about this. They are key to Miami sustaining success next year.

It's an important discussion but it's been beaten to death.

But it's constantly being informed by the season playing out, the national exposure, mock drafts, etc.

If either leaves it's a gigantic mistake

DL is one position coming back improves your stock. You get bigger and stronger.

If Miami wants to sustain top 10 status we have to stop losing jrs to 4-5 round draft picks

If you look at the tape, the only think McIntosh can do is repeat this year. He absolutely destroys teams in the trenches.

I'd be shocked if he stays, but it'd be huge if he does. I haven't seen a better DT in the country.

I️ haven’t watched other teams as much as I️ always have in the past, so I️ don’t know much about other DTs. But I️ do have 2 eyes, and I’ve been watching football for a long time.

This board watches the same games as me, and afterwards reads the same film breakdowns as me. I’m not sure how anyone here can think RJ is not a 1st round talent right now.

**** those mock drafts. They’re done by a bunch of nerds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I look at a lot of mock drafts. Odd hobby of mine to pass time at the office.

No 3 or 4 round mock draft I've seen includes RJ or Norton. Plenty of DTs before them though.

Those sites usually are pretty accurate in terms of what round guys go in

Unless these guys make a foolish decision they should come back and improve their stock

The have 3-5 games to improve their stock this season, and you'd be surprised what a natty does to draft stock.

Jonathan Allen came back for his senior season following a 12 sack Junior year with an appearance in the National Championship to boost his draft stock - - which he did.

If either leaves it's a gigantic mistake

DL is one position coming back improves your stock. You get bigger and stronger.

If Miami wants to sustain top 10 status we have to stop losing jrs to 4-5 round draft picks

If you look at the tape, the only think McIntosh can do is repeat this year. He absolutely destroys teams in the trenches.

I'd be shocked if he stays, but it'd be huge if he does. I haven't seen a better DT in the country.

I️ haven’t watched other teams as much as I️ always have in the past, so I️ don’t know much about other DTs. But I️ do have 2 eyes, and I’ve been watching football for a long time.

This board watches the same games as me, and afterwards reads the same film breakdowns as me. I’m not sure how anyone here can think RJ is not a 1st round talent right now.

**** those mock drafts. They’re done by a bunch of nerds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RJ is definitely first round talent. I can't wait to see him run the 40. At 290 he may run a sub 5 time. One of the fastest DTs I've seen in a while.

Draft experts on this board who aren’t really experts but just guys who try to find logic in every Hurricane staying is my least favorite part about this board, because when the kids to eventually declare for the draft stupid posts like these make us all angry at their decisions and at the kids when they’ve done nothing but great things for he U.

who cares about the mock draft or their draft position. we have at least 4 games, potentially 5, to play. same **** about whether diaz leaves in 17 years or whether Kool is promoted next century. Be Here Now

Advertisement
Someone really needs to send this article to RJ and Norton. They are really good but are not first rounders this year. They are first rounders after next year. The money they would miss by coming out early to be the 60th - 120th pick is very large. The money they would make in 3rd round is not generational money passed down to the grand kids. First round money is.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/nfl-draft-contract-values-2017-4

One thing we have goin for us is that true junior dt rarely leave early, for us to have two guys just doesn't seem plausible..

Just our luck.. hoping at least one will come back..

Rj would go higher than norton and has a chance to climb in the first 32 picks. Norton will be a late second/ 3rd rounder

Advertisement

You wanna bet on that?

Lifetime ban bet?

Please make it happen!!! Both are not 1st round. People that say they are are clueless to the draft and are just homers. McIntosh has the only chance. Norton has a good chance to go in the 3rd-4th round.

Theyre not 1st rounders compared to who?? Lol stop being a groupie for other teams overrated players. Kendrick Norton is just as elite as RJ McIntosh both are 1st round talents.

If one leaves they will both leave, from what I've read. They're thick as thieves those two.

Think about how y'all even think??? "Kendrick Norton is not a 1st round talent this year... oh but he will be next year"?? What are y'all talking about?

I would think at this point ppl would have a clue about how teams make their draft day decisions.

You wanna bet on that?

Lifetime ban bet?

Theyre not 1st rounders compared to who?? Lol stop being a groupie for other teams overrated players. Kendrick Norton is just as elite as RJ McIntosh both are 1st round talents.

A lot of our success comes from Norton's presence in the middle. Nothing flashy, but he's just there doing his job and consistently getting the better of his man. I've read every one of [MENTION=5374]HurricaneVision[/MENTION] film reviews, and I don't believe I have seen him yet call out Norton on a missed assignment, bad angle, washout, or missed tackle.

Advertisement
Back