RJ and Norton will be back once they see their draft evals

TN_Cane

Redshirt Freshman
I look at a lot of mock drafts. Odd hobby of mine to pass time at the office.

No 3 or 4 round mock draft I've seen includes RJ or Norton. Plenty of DTs before them though.

Those sites usually are pretty accurate in terms of what round guys go in

Unless these guys make a foolish decision they should come back and improve their stock

Advertisement
RJ may go but still many on here guaranteeing him leaving is silly. He is probably more likely to stay

We aren't the old Miami of Al golden, players don't leave at their first opportunity going forward, they will wait until they can climb to round 1 or round 2 status

Especially now Miami is on the map they know if they stayed under Kool one more year that they could end up on his resume as another first rounder and will have more publicity/focus in this defense

RJ may get to round 2 status by the end of the year don't think Norton does

If either leaves it's a gigantic mistake

DL is one position coming back improves your stock. You get bigger and stronger.

If Miami wants to sustain top 10 status we have to stop losing jrs to 4-5 round draft picks

Advertisement
I look at a lot of mock drafts. Odd hobby of mine to pass time at the office.

No 3 or 4 round mock draft I've seen includes RJ or Norton. Plenty of DTs before them though.

Those sites usually are pretty accurate in terms of what round guys go in

Unless these guys make a foolish decision they should come back and improve their stock

The have 3-5 games to improve their stock this season, and you'd be surprised what a natty does to draft stock.

Only DTs in the Draft I can see being taken ahead of RJ McIntosh:

Christian Wilkins (6'4" 300lbs)
Vita Vea (6'5" 340lbs)
Da'Ron Payne (6'2" 309lbs)
Dre'Mont Jones (6'3" 295lbs)
Derrick Nnandi (6'1" 313lbs)
Trenton Thompson (6'4" 295lbs)
Taven Bryan (6'4" 291lbs)
Harrison Philips (6'4" 285lbs)
Rasheem Green (6'4" 276lbs)

RJ McIntosh (6'4" 291lbs)
Kendrick Norton (6'3" 312lbs)

So in the worst case scenario if McIntosh declared early, he'd go top 10 DTs. There were 12 DTs drafted in the Top 4 rounds last year. And Another 10 drafted in rounds 5-7. Having said that I think Kendrick Norton would be making a big mistake by leaving early. Rj McIntosh is having a great year though, so I think he would be picked in the first 2 days (=1st, 2nd, or 3rd) of the draft for sure.

Advertisement
RJ McIntosh and Kendrick Norton are both 1st round talents and will go in the 1st no matter if they enter the draft this year or next... hope they stay to win their 2nd national championship.

Vita Vea (6'5" 340lbs)

So in the worst case scenario if McIntosh declared early, he'd go top 10 DTs. There were 12 DTs drafted in the Top 4 rounds last year. And Another 10 drafted in rounds 5-7. Having said that I think Kendrick Norton would be making a big mistake by leaving early. Rj McIntosh is having a great year though, so I think he would be picked in the first 2 days (=1st, 2nd, or 3rd) of the draft for sure.

This is why RJ shouldn’t go. Not only is he a redshirt sophomore and only 21 but all of those guys are 3-Tech DT’s(except vita vea) and are probably going before him. Kendrick on the other is a 1-Tech Tackle and those guys are usually taken in the 3rd round and that’s actually where he’s graded according to NFL draft Scout and Walter football...still beilieve if he tests well then he’ll go late first not to mention he’s also 20.

Last edited:
Stay off those Mock draft till the season is over. It had us thinking Kaaya was a top draft pick before last year. Right now as much as I'm thankful for Kaaya I would pick Rosier over Kaaya.

Advertisement
Stay off those Mock draft till the season is over. It had us thinking Kaaya was a top draft pick before last year. Right now as much as I'm thankful for Kaaya I would pick Rosier over Kaaya.

The hype he got before the season was astounding...EVERYONE was saying he was a Bona fide first rounder

Lol you think NFL teams care about a mock draft??

i agree with this

however just confused on the board assuming they are gone

are they all americans? are they up for finalists of some awards? are they garnering national attention?

sure they MIGHT go, but most on here are saying RJ is gone. we have just as much reason to assume he would stay as he has more to improve on and accomplish

RJ is a late 1st rounder and it would be foolish for him not to declare.

If Norton declared, he would likely be an early Day 3 pick. He would benefit from staying another year and polishing his game further.

Advertisement

Vita Vea (6'5" 340lbs)

This is why RJ shouldn’t go. Not only is he a redshirt sophomore and only 21 but all of those guys are 3-Tech DT’s(except vita vea) and are probably going before him. Kendrick on the other is a 1-Tech Tackle and those guys are usually taken in the 3rd round and that’s actually where he’s graded according to NFL draft Scout and Walter football...still beilieve if he tests well then he’ll go late first not to mention he’s also 20.

Norton will NOT be a 1st rounder. He hasn't played well enough to be taken that early, I don't think he'd be even a 4th round pick let alone a 1st. Secondly, Norton is a NT, but he actually isn't much bigger than any of those other DTs I listed. I mean Wilkins, Payne, and Nnandi are all about the same size, and Vea is obviously bigger and a definite NT.
Vea and Wilkins are for sure 1st rounders. After those two its anyones guess who the next DT selected will be between Payne, McIntosh, Nnandi, Thompson, and Jones. But I really doubt Green or Phillips go before RJ. And I doubt ALL those other DTs go before him either. If the draft were today I think McIntosh would be a late 2nd to 3rd, and Norton would be like a 5th. Norton should really return.

RJ McIntosh and Kendrick Norton are both 1st round talents and will go in the 1st no matter if they enter the draft this year or next... hope they stay to win their 2nd national championship.

You wanna bet on that?

Vita Vea (6'5" 340lbs)

Norton will NOT be a 1st rounder. He hasn't played well enough to be taken that early, I don't think he'd be even a 4th round pick let alone a 1st. Secondly, Norton is a NT, but he actually isn't much bigger than any of those other DTs I listed. I mean Wilkins, Payne, and Nnandi are all about the same size, and Vea is obviously bigger and a definite NT.
Vea and Wilkins are for sure 1st rounders. After those two its anyones guess who the next DT selected will be between Payne, McIntosh, Nnandi, Thompson, and Jones. But I really doubt Green or Phillips go before RJ. And I doubt ALL those other DTs go before him either. If the draft were today I think McIntosh would be a late 2nd to 3rd, and Norton would be like a 5th. Norton should really return.

No, he doesn’t have fancy stats that make you guys say he should be...He’s on pace to top last year with one less game. Also, it’s not about being bigger but strengths and weaknesses...and this a good pass rushing class

You wanna bet on that?

Norton is not a 1st round talent.

If he comes back and has an outstanding senior season I could see him going in the 2nd round.

Advertisement
Back