Richt has 2 weeks to get Jarren Williams ready

lmao he did put perry in and he threw 2 awful INTs that were inexcusable.....

but leave him in boys
Such a knee jerk reaction. Less than 1/4 of a game and you are ready to move on from our RS Frshman QB? Thing is Perry throws with anticipation. On the int near the sideline, he said he was expecting the receiver to break right which would have been on the money. The 1st int he didn't move the safety that was playing center field. The pass was right on the money to the receiver, but the safety jumped it.

I'm rolling with N'Kosi. Kid has great ability. He needs playing time and a coach to call plays that gets the QB in a groove.

The loss to UVA is all on Richt. He knows our O-line sucks, yet waited until 8 minutes left in the game to go to the short passing game. He could and should have done that with Perry in the 1st qtr. Even the announcers said Miami should go to the short passing game to help out the O-line and get the young QB comfortable.

Perry can be a superstar if he put in the right situation.

Advertisement
@Rodel
Four game suspension sweet pea, haha..

Enlighten me with more than a few couple of words that only makes sense to you. Life is about educating, so educate! Trying to insult someone is not something I have a degree in but I believe you have tons of experience and I can learn quickly. What do you know that makes you so smart and makes me seem dumb?

Don’t burn Jarren’s RS unless ur gonna let him play the last 3 games. Perry made two bad throws then got yanked! U don’t know if he can play or not bc his leash is so short. Y’all weren’t saying bench him last wks when he came back with help from the defense. The play calling and O-line is so bad it doesn’t matter who we put under center bc they’re gonna struggle

Just out of curiousity. What is so important anyone redshirt that is ready to play. If they are that good they will be gone after 3 .years anyway. If Jarren is ready give him a chance.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I've only ever heard of him falling asleep in class once, & that wasn't long after enrolling. "Discipline issues" is a bit much.
I’ve heard it was more than sleeping in class, nothing crazy but typical college stuff but probably not for a D1 starting QB

I’ve heard it was more than sleeping in class, nothing crazy but typical college stuff but probably not for a D1 starting QB

Well, Richt obviously had Perry on a VERY short leash vs UVA. Very short. That suggests that there is more to this than just the fact that he threw two really bad interceptions.

Lol, now we are scraping the bottom of the barrel. Nothing has shown me that JW is the man over N'Kosi Picky.

QB play is handicapped by the offensive system we run and the plays we call in that system. Changing QBs will only make incremental changes.

Let Jarren call his own plays.

The ones he knows.

The ones that he sees will work. The ones his receivers tell him - when they're open every play.

Just quick, short to medium plays - and someone point out to our offense that it's not against the rules to throw between the hash marks.

I am thoroughly disgusted with Richt. Leave his *** at home, and watch the offense do better.

Advertisement
I don’t. That is why I said “IF” in all caps. No idea if he is or not. But what I can tell you, if Williams is not, this program is in big trouble. That means we have NO one on the roster that can play QB. I just don’t think Perry is very good and I don’t think he’ll ever will be. That is just my opinion. He might make some splash plays from time to time, like someone playing back yard football, but I don’t think he’ll ever be consistent enough to run an efficient offense. He looks lost playing against mediocre defenses.
Fair enough, if the coaches don't put him in, there must be a reason.
Still a good chance to win the coastal, lets go for it.
Too much Panic for one loss, let the season play out before drastic reconstruction..

Well, Richt obviously had Perry on a VERY short leash vs UVA. Very short. That suggests that there is more to this than just the fact that he threw two really bad interceptions.

I was referring to Williams in my post

In regards to Kosi I have a feeling **** has happened at practice or meetings that isn’t making Richt happy and actually questioning what the best thing to do is, bench him, play him to win etc

Advertisement
What did you expect from Perry first road game.in fact testaverde,kosar and Dorsey had bad days in their first road game.
Testaverde, 1st road game was at Rice University.
We won handily.
Season opener was against UF, we lost at home..

Advertisement
Fair enough, if the coaches don't put him in, there must be a reason.
Still a good chance to win the coastal, lets go for it.
Too much Panic for one loss, let the season play out before drastic reconstruction..

I hope Richt knows what he’s doing but I’m not so sure he does. It would not surprise me if Williams is the best but Richt doesn’t want to dumb down his playbook and start a freshman. We need to play the QB that gives us the best chance to win right now. It’s inexcusable that in year three of Richt, Rosier and Perry are the best we can do. This staff either can’t evaluate QBs or they can’t develop them or both.

Don’t burn Jarren’s RS unless ur gonna let him play the last 3 games. Perry made two bad throws then got yanked! U don’t know if he can play or not bc his leash is so short. Y’all weren’t saying bench him last wks when he came back with help from the defense. The play calling and O-line is so bad it doesn’t matter who we put under center bc they’re gonna struggle

He made 2 terrible throws that led to pics and one almost a pic6; then he made a handful of other lousy reads and throws. He looked terrible! You can’t go on the road and throw 2 pics in the first 4 series and expect to win. Ultimately Richt is responsible but Perry cost us the game with those throws. That’s a fact. Another fact, Perry completed 41% of his passes last week. If not for the defense holding FSU to 45 yards after half and giving Perry the ball deep in FSU territory we lose that game. I was screaming for Perry to start over Rosier, but at this point I don’t know who is worse. They are both atrocious and could care less who starts going forward. They are both garbage and will lose several games. One can’t read a defense and will turn the ball over consistently; the other is so inaccurate he can’t hit the broad side of a barn,

With the bye week If Richt already felt like Rosier wasn't getting done and now Perry why not put the True Freshman in. Richt needs to evaluate who he puts his trust in because all he's doing is handcuffing this team

How about Richt re evaluates the trust he puts in himself as the OC because all he is doings is handcuffing this team

Advertisement
Back