Richt has 2 weeks to get Jarren Williams ready

Nothing at uva showed nkosi was ready after 2 years

Lol I agree NKosi can’t read defenses and doesn’t check down when it’s in his face. So if that’s the case think about how not ready Jarren must be if he’s behind him, Rosier, and Cade Weldon?? We don’t want to see that on the field.

Advertisement
It won't matter who he chooses.....if Richt doesn't add wrinkles to fit his personnel....offensive struggles are going to continue....its not the players its the plays and playcaller.....
Why most on here don't see this!! We blamed the players in coach NoD's defense until we got rid of his ***! 2 years later we have the #1 defense in college football and pretty much with a lot of the same kids!

Now it's the offense time to blame the players for 2 years!! Same OC same freaking results!!

Lol I agree NKosi can’t read defenses and doesn’t check down when it’s in his face. So if that’s the case think about how not ready Jarren must be if he’s behind him, Rosier, and Cade Weldon?? We don’t want to see that on the field.
Trust is the big issue. Richt just trusts rosier a lot more than any qb on this roster. It seems like the longer you've been on the roster the more he trust you which is a very flawed. Look at the plays he was running for Rosier when he got in the game if he ran those plays for Perry to start the game maybe Perry wouldn't have had to force 2 passes that led to picks. Only reason a QB should redshirt is if there's a clear starter in front of him which we dont have or if the QB needs time to get right physically which Jarren doesn't need. Why not use the Bye week to install the elements of the offense that Jarren can run?

Anyone but rosier everyone is neglecting how awful he looked against uva

God bless you. Wish I was as optimistic as you. You really think this team has any chance of running the table, after witnessing this offense over the last 2 years?
Perry's interceptions cost us this game, his turnovers led to 10 of VA 16 points. If he protects the ball, we probably win the game. That is why he got pulled!!! He was a deer in the headlights, with no clue where to go with the ball. Neither of his throw that lead to ints had any chance of being completed. The first one, he was determined to go to Harley, even though he was double or triple covered. The 2nd, there was no receiver there and that throw almost led to a pic6. In the 1st quarter he had 2 completions, 2 incompletions and 2 pics!!!! Those are Kirby Freedman type numbers... You could argue maybe Richt should have had him re-start the 2nd half, but he was absolutely correct in pulling him when he did. The wheels were beginning to come off for Perry and would have been a bigger disaster if he would have kept going.
I don't think we can run the table and beat Clemson. What I said is that losing to Virginia hasn't changed our post season outcome because we would not have made the CFP even if we beat Clemson and had only 1 loss. There are several 1 loss teams with better wins (ie top 25).

Perry's interceptions didn't cost us the game. We were only down 10 points. We had the ball at the beginning of the 3rd qtr and Rosier was not able to get much done until the play calling changed at 8 minutes in the 4th qtr. If we can't score more than 13 points, then we don't deserve to win. That's on Richt to figure out plays that will work. Yah, you gameplan. But, when the gameplan isn't working you have to do something different. The game announcers said Miami should go to the short passing game. They said that in the 1st qtr. Richt's stubborn *** waited too long. He should have changed plans early and got N'Kosi going. He could have done the same thing for Rosier much earlier. So, the loss is squarely on Richt's shoulders.

Do I think we can still win the Coastal. Yes I do.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don't think we can run the table and beat Clemson. What I said is that losing to Virginia hasn't changed our post season outcome because we would not have made the CFP even if we beat Clemson and had only 1 loss. There are several 1 loss teams with better wins (ie top 25).

Do I think we can still win the Coastal. Yes I do.

Don’t get your hopes up. Each game left on the schedule is a toss up. We don’t have any more Savana Sts, NC and Tolido’s On the schedule. I would not be shocked if we dropped 2 to 3 more games. (BC, VT and PITT). We are a mediocre football team that has been trending down since Pitt game last year.

Perry played Sand lot ball in HS. He was never taught to read Defenses, and is paying the price now. He's a gunslinger that MR doesn't like or trust. He is not a student of the game and likes to improvise. He is not a RPO quarterback, he can run but we have not seen him run the RPO, don't know if that's because he doesn't like to run it or what. RPO helped Rosier and what gets me is MR tried to force Kaaya to run it, but we have not seen it with Perry. Glad the Dolphins won yesterday, game me so hope for society
Richt gives Perry the same platform he did Kaaya the last 5 games of his career here and Perry is a different QB.

Anyone but rosier everyone is neglecting how awful he looked against uva
Exactly.

What Perry is being dogged for. Rosier almost accomplished the same thing. The difference is. Thomas played the ball and saved his ***.

Perry floor is Rosier ceiling and i'm not even a Perry fanboy. If Perry isn't ready or taking things serious. That falls on the guys coaching him.

Exactly.

What Perry is being dogged for. Rosier almost accomplished the same thing. The difference is. Thomas played the ball and saved his ***.

Perry floor is Rosier ceiling and i'm not even a Perry fanboy. If Perry isn't ready or taking things serious. That falls on the guys coaching him.
Have to disagree with its the coach's fault for Perry not taking things serious. It's his life/career. If he's not serious he needs yo grew up too. Not everything is on coaching. Sit him down. If he doesn't respond that's on him.

Advertisement
Richt gives Perry the same platform he did Kaaya the last 5 games of his career here and Perry is a different QB.
And kaaya left because he didn't fit. Didn't get like whatever or he had smoke blown up his **** about his draft status. In not a kayaa, rosier or Perry homer just being unbiased. Don't know what u mean bout platform

So he tossed in a guy that already drowned.
Yep. And the sad thing is we stood no chance the way Perry was playing and reacting to what uva was doing. Perry’s psyche might have suffered a lot worse if Rick didn’t rescue him and he threw 6 picks and we lost 40-0.

He threw six passes. What game were you guys watching?
I was watching the game where he threw 2 of those passes directly to uva defenders and had that thousand yard stare.

He was clueless and dying out there. If you couldn’t see that very quickly then you don’t know a lick of football or human psychology.

Advertisement
The playbook doesnt help him at all. It's too easy to scheme against.

Benching him was the worst possible option.
It was the worst possible option for you because you probably would have been happy to lose by 50 instead of 3. Perry looked like he wanted out.

What IS the story with Jarrren? @Geo305 , @Stefan Adams what do you know? What do you think? Is CMR "pacing" him along because he is truly that far behind? Is it more getting him experience so when he goes out on the field he isn't blown away like Perry was the other night? Or is it that CMR can't have Jarren outperform Kosi because that could possibly result in a huge QB problem next spring? I just don't get why Williams is still 4th man in line.

CMR, Thomas Brown and others have all talked about his talent, accuracy etc. CMR has also said that he could envision taking small parts of the playbook and using them if one of the younger guys was on the field. Clearly he is doing some of that with Kosi. Why not with Jarren?

It was the worst possible option for you because you probably would have been happy to lose by 50 instead of 3. Perry looked like he wanted out.

We needed Perry to stay in the game and weather the storm.

He's gonna be all gun shy and skittish now. Constantly looking over his shoulder to see if the baseball player is warming up.

As far as margin of victory. Meh it's irrelevant when we are stacking up losses vs basically every decent team you line up against.

Advertisement
What IS the story with Jarrren? @Geo305 , @Stefan Adams what do you know? What do you think? Is CMR "pacing" him along because he is truly that far behind? Is it more getting him experience so when he goes out on the field he isn't blown away like Perry was the other night? Or is it that CMR can't have Jarren outperform Kosi because that could possibly result in a huge QB problem next spring? I just don't get why Williams is still 4th man in line.

CMR, Thomas Brown and others have all talked about his talent, accuracy etc. CMR has also said that he could envision taking small parts of the playbook and using them if one of the younger guys was on the field. Clearly he is doing some of that with Kosi. Why not with Jarren?

I'm sure we'll here the ever popular line "he's not ready yet" that Shanntard used to use all the time.

With the bye week If Richt already felt like Rosier wasn't getting done and now Perry why not put the True Freshman in. Richt needs to evaluate who he puts his trust in because all he's doing is handcuffing this team

It's like none of you have seen this offense

We need black panther, aarron rodgers or the flash at qb for it to work properly,

We needed Perry to stay in the game and weather the storm.

He's gonna be all gun shy and skittish now. Constantly looking over his shoulder to see if the baseball player is warming up.

As far as margin of victory. Meh it's irrelevant when we are stacking up losses vs basically every decent team you line up against.

Yeah I didn't get that he wanted out.

Gotta let him fight through it and as a coach...talk to him, coach him, inspire him to go and finish the game IF he looked like he wanted out.

Putting the worst QB in the entire NCAA gave the rest of the team zero hope and you saw the body language from the WR's...no one wants to play with Monique.

Preparation and getting guys ready to play falls on Richt...but he has no conviction outside of suspending players.

Yep. And the sad thing is we stood no chance the way Perry was playing and reacting to what uva was doing. Perry’s psyche might have suffered a lot worse if Rick didn’t rescue him and he threw 6 picks and we lost 40-0.

and how would it have affected his psyche if he responded like he did in the 4th quarter vs FSU, and brought back to victory on the road?

Advertisement
Back