Richt has 2 weeks to get Jarren Williams ready

Lol I agree NKosi can’t read defenses and doesn’t check down when it’s in his face. So if that’s the case think about how not ready Jarren must be if he’s behind him, Rosier, and Cade Weldon?? We don’t want to see that on the field.

Explain his check downs, hot route throws and progression reads in the other games...quit this silly narrative already. It's disgusting

Advertisement
Yeah I didn't get that he wanted out.

Gotta let him fight through it and as a coach...talk to him, coach him, inspire him to go and finish the game IF he looked like he wanted out.

Putting the worst QB in the entire NCAA gave the rest of the team zero hope and you saw the body language from the WR's...no one wants to play with Monique.

Preparation and getting guys ready to play falls on Richt...but he has no conviction outside of suspending players.

I doubt Perry wanted out. Confused as heck? Sure, but wanted out? Highly doubt it.

That said, coaching, talking to him, inspire him, sure, all those things can work but they aren't going to move the meter. What WILL have more of an impact is calling better plays. Call some easy plays - short drops, quick throws, rollouts, jetsweeps, screens, short passes in the middle - just get the ball out of the QB's hands and into your playmakers' hands quickly. Those things have much more of a potential impact on a QB's psyche than a pep talk on the sidelines.

and how would it have affected his psyche if he responded like he did in the 4th quarter vs FSU, and brought back to victory on the road?

Richt saw Perry do that vs FSU. He's not blind. That's why I keep saying there has to be more to this thing. Something else was going on that caused Richt to yank Perry early and never put him back in.

I doubt Perry wanted out. Confused as heck? Sure, but wanted out? Highly doubt it.

That said, coaching, talking to him, inspire him, sure, all those things can work but they aren't going to move the meter. What WILL have more of an impact is calling better plays. Call some easy plays - short drops, quick throws, rollouts, jetsweeps, screens, short passes in the middle - just get the ball out of the QB's hands and into your playmakers' hands quickly. Those things have much more of a potential impact on a QB's psyche than a pep talk on the sidelines.

Well since the plays and scheme ain't changing, haven't changed, and won't change bc they've worked for "30 years" then what you want is the definition of insanity...let me know when you have a more realistic solution, until then: talk to him, coach him, inspire him to go and finish the game IF he looked like he wanted out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back