Richt has 2 weeks to get Jarren Williams ready

Advertisement
With the bye week If Richt already felt like Rosier wasn't getting done and now Perry why not put the True Freshman in. Richt needs to evaluate who he puts his trust in because all he's doing is handcuffing this team
you are missing the big picture... the OC and play calling handicaps any QB, RB, OL and even dribbles down to the defense.

That’s what I would do. Rosier is worse than last year if that is even possible and Perry doesn’t look like a D1 QB to me. Looks lost!

Not sure what good any of this will do thought with Jon Richt as the QB coach and the O Line we have. This could be a really rough end of the season.

He's had 3yrs to get ANY QB ready...how'd that turn out??

Seriously, how can we be in yr3 under Richt and still be trotting out Rosier? Richt’s inability to develop a qb has been his biggest failure!! More so, than his play calling, lack of identity and game planning. If Williams can make throws, he needs to roll with him. Dumb down his offense and let the freshman play. But who knows, maybe Williams is Kosi 2.0. This offense is a unmitigated disaster at this point. We do nothing we’ll on offense!!!

you act like finding QB's is easy. do you know how many QB bust out? saban got lucky with tua.....look at saban recruiting that awufl QB barnett. it happens.

richt got his guy in Williams and I like what I see from him.

if we lose mroe games and the coastal is out the picture i can totally see Richt starting Williams.

as of right now we can't throw games away and play Perry. he's too much of a liability.

Disagree, IF Williams is the future, he needs to play NOW!!! Why wait till we lose more games? We know Rosier and Kosi are not going to get it done with a D that has a pulse. We could realistically lose to Pitt, VT and BC at this point and go to a garbage bowl, Lose any momentum we had by winning 10 games last year. The best QB needs to play NOW and it should have been decided before the season started. What a cluster fck this offense is.

Advertisement
What's the priority for this program? To win games this season, or to put ourselves in position to win championships within the next couple of years? If we want to win now, looks like Rosier is our best option. If we're willing to sacrifice a game or 2 this season, in order to groom a QB for the future then we need to go with N'kosi, Weldon or Williams. With all that being said, it'd all be for naught if we don't fix some of our coaching staff deficiencies (OC, QB coach, OL coach, ST coach, etc.).

Offense shuts down w Rosier. They don't play hard for him at all. No confidence in 12. It's in their body language.

Year all those points they threw up when Perry was in proves he makes a huge difference. It is clear our problem will not be solved by a new QBs but rather by a new FORMER QB.

Advertisement
Weldon may not have a chance to stay the way he is going. As far as I am concerned this season is over. Rosier should only see the field on some wildcat type sets and Perry and Williams should split time the rest of the way.

Program will be in shambles shortly because of Richt’s stubborn behavior and nepotism. HE IS A CHARLATAN

Advertisement
You realize the only points we scored came with Rosier in, right?
And he played 3 quarters plus. And UVA was pretty much shut down defensively.

And we still lost.

Ijs, 5 figures it out. I'm not saying he is the guy, but I think he would've done better than 12 had he stayed in.

Perry's inability to "see the field", read the defense or whatever you want to call it is going to be the reason he is never "the guy" here. It's clear they set up a game plan with plays etc and practice it all week. Richt has said it after every game. Rosier said it last night too. When Perry sees on the field what he expects to see from practice , he can function and make the plays. When that doesn't happen - like last night- it can be a disaster. And our Oline doesn't give anyone the luxury of much time to make decisions. He got lucky a few time against FSU. Yes, we can all say that ball to Jeff Thomas down the seam between the two defenders was beautiful but it was also incredibly lucky. The kid has incredible arm talent. But he needs more than that to succeed at this level. I would think that being in the system for 18 months - watching film weekly - would provide at least more familiarity with defenses he may see, if not more competence in what to do. As the saying goes, if it were easy, everyone would be a P5 starting QB.

I would at least like to see what Williams can do. I suspect CMR wants him to succeed when he puts him out there but if he can manage him like he manages Kosi I can't imagine the results will be worse than the first quarter last night. CMR has said multiple times that even if Jarren doesn't know exactly what to do on a play, he hits a target accurately. I don't think BC at night is the place to do this - perhaps Duke at home the following week where the crowd is more friendly.

Finally - maybe CMR did Kosi a favor by pulling him when he did. The kid was clearly unnerved. Keeping him in and perhaps taking a worse beating may have done more to his confidence down the road than having him watch from the sidelines.

Advertisement
Jarren is the best QB on the roster talent wise has some discipline and off the field issues but I think it’s in the best interest of this program to ride with him the rest of the season
I've only ever heard of him falling asleep in class once, & that wasn't long after enrolling. "Discipline issues" is a bit much.

Williams will get the same results as Perry and Rosier, The OL suck and the offensive scheme is predictable.

rosier led us to a TD drive. what did Perry do beside throw 2 god awful INTS.

if that was rosier you would be crying how bad he is.

those 2 ints were awful.

Yo ****stick you keep saying two bad INTs. It was one and one on Harley running the wrong route. #FakeNews

Advertisement
Back