Richt: “You need 60 great players to win”

Advertisement
That’s not the point though. If he can’t even beat those teams how the **** do you expect him to “win big”.

And if you are saying you are not defending him which in fact you are, explain his other quotes I have provided.
Exactly. If you can't beat BC, Virginia, and Duke in year three with what you have, 60 "great" players won't help you all that much.

And one more thing. When Richt says “win big” what’s does that actually mean? What does he know about winning big? He hasn’t won anything since a Sugar Bowl win against Hawaii 15 years ago.

I’m no Richt defender (anymore), but that’s the second time his words from that article have been misrepresented. “To win big” is important for context.

Richt says, in reality, “you need [your] top 60 guys to be really great ballplayers [to win big]. You have 85 on scholarship. You want every one of them to potentially become a ballplayer for you.”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article220987195.html#storylink=cpy

That ***** gets paid 4 million dollars a year to have a competent QB leading the team he hasn't done that and his QB recruiting this year sucks. He also needs to get great linemen, hasn't done that, sorry Richt it's your fault you're the top guy and you're the one making millions not the kids. Many on this staff should be fired starting with him and his kid. Please find a coach that isn't 20 years behind the times. This just doesn't seem that hard to me, keep hiring never were or has beens and this is what we're left with.

Last edited by a moderator:
UGA2.jpg

Advertisement
I don’t think Pitt, UVA, BC or Duke has 20 players combined that are great and yet we’ve been taken to the woodshed by them. We never stood a chance against the first 3. His weekly comments and quotes are so weak and pathetic, it’s worse than his gameplans.

“This offense has worked for 30 years”
“We don’t need explosive plays”
“I’m not playing underclassmen when upperclassmen deserve to play”
“We need 60 great players to win”

End our misery please.
If he is including his offense since he's been here then we have to subtract 3 years and 2 more for just this year.

Advertisement
I’m no Richt defender (anymore), but that’s the second time his words from that article have been misrepresented. “To win big” is important for context.

Richt says, in reality, “you need [your] top 60 guys to be really great ballplayers [to win big]. You have 85 on scholarship. You want every one of them to potentially become a ballplayer for you.”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article220987195.html#storylink=cpy
Lolol so what did he really say? He didn't say "to win big" haha. Things inside of brackets in quotes weren't actually said..

Well he cant have 60 great players with all the misses on NSD since he got here so theres that.

Advertisement
“We don’t need explosive plays”
“I’m not playing underclassmen when upperclassmen deserve to play”
“We need 60 great players to win”

Well..ask bama..Clemson..Ohio st. That’s the company we want be in right. You’d need 60 great payers to be in that group. We had a very good season last year. But I see the drop off this year when u have to depend on younger guys. You lose to veteran experienced teams. I know we don’t like to hear this as a fan base but it’s true. Go look at Sabans 1st 2 years. Or Dabos 1st few years. Or jimbo when he first started at FSU. Is Richt a level or two below those names, yes. But It takes time. At Miami he has a blueprint of success. From coaches who won big here without the resume as his. Can it be duplicated again is the question. But I get us fans want to say the “U” has no business losing to Virginia or BC but we haven’t been the U since ‘03. 4 to 5 year process. Next year I expect improvements on O. If it’s not trending that way by this date next year, I’m with y’all on finding a new coach. But the RIGHT coach. Not just anyone
This is where things always go off track. No sane UM fan thought we had equal talent to Alabaga or Clemson this year. We haven’t played them or got whipped by them this year, so no sane person gives much of a **** about either of them this year.

We do, however, have better talent than the last 3 dregs that beat us. That’s without dispute, and that’s really all that matters RIGHT NOW.

Advertisement
Yeah I get to win big you may need "60 great players," but not to beat Virginia, Duke, BC. Richt has become an absolute clown. He lucked into 10 wins last year. This year shows what state this program is really in and I have little to no confidence it gets better next year.

Why the **** would dopey *** Rickety even be talking about winning on an Alabaga level when he’s getting rolled by the dregs of the ACC? He’s not even within sniffing distance of Alabaga or Clemson. He’s much closer to UVA and Duke.

I don't have access to the article, but assuming you just copied an pasted it the real quote is “you need top 60 guys to be really great ballplayers.
The stuff in brackets was inserted by the writer.

Advertisement
Back