Richt: “You need 60 great players to win”

Even the corrected full quote of Coach Richt is a terrible excuse on his part. He has for years had the benefit of good players to mask his systems deficiencies. An before he comes out at trashing the current players (most of whom are his recruits by the way,) he should consider how this will look to current recruits and parents.

Also he needs to realize the FSU and UGA Bagmen made him successful not his scheme. An at Miami he will not have that luxury service. So he needs to actually coach up the players in addition to revamping his scheme adapting.

Richt likes to find a top two man platoon at each position and wear those players out. Where is in Today's game you have play 4 to 6 deep at each skill position and 3 deep along the oline. That's the type of system that allows recruits to see early playing time.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Dude, I was simply responding to your post. Nobody is expecting this team to compete for ships this year.The OP makes no difference.
Ok I gotchu..I was responding to MR original statement and it’s context. And tbh man for man do we really “out talent” the teams we loss too.? Is execution not crucial at all levels of football. Athletically everybody is talented. Especially in the starting 22s it’s the next 22 and the talent/experience after that makes the diff in champion teams.

Ok I gotchu..I was responding to MR original statement and it’s context. And tbh man for man do we really “out talent” the teams we loss too.? Is execution not crucial at all levels of football. Athletically everybody is talented. Especially in the starting 22s it’s the next 22 and the talent/experience after that makes the diff in champion teams.
We definitely out talent these teams. We out talent them by every metric. What we’re seeing is failure at all levels. But it does start with the failure of the staff to utilize It’s Talent.

if we decide that the team has given up, yea that’s on players too, but the coaches Need to be able to stop that. That’s what coaches do.

Smells like a red herring to me. What does winning big have to do with beating Duke and BC and UVA? We don't have enough good players to beat basketball, hockey, and soccer schools?

In trying to defend his awful scheme, play designs, and play-calling he incriminates himself as being an even worse recruiter and developer.

Any way he tries to frame it, the team's failures are on him.

Advertisement
We definitely out talent these teams. We out talent them by every metric. What we’re seeing is failure at all levels. But it does start with the failure of the staff to utilize It’s Talent.

if we decide that the team has given up, yea that’s on players too, but the coaches Need to be able to stop that. That’s what coaches do.
That’s leadership bro, we have none on O. When u think about the guys we loss. Coaches can’t hold cats hands. It’s called accountibilty

Yeah I get to win big you may need "60 great players," but not to beat Virginia, Duke, BC. Richt has become an absolute clown. He lucked into 10 wins last year. This year shows what state this program is really in and I have little to no confidence it gets better next year.

This! To be a national championship contender, he is absolutely correct. But to beat UVA, Duke and BC... That's a bull&hit excuse.

Again, my issue with Richt is his fixation on talent. You also just as important need good coaching and good gameplans. Even if we had 60 great players, i'm still not convinced our guys would take the field against Clemson well prepared with a dynamic offensive playbook that would allow our playmakers to be effective.

Ugh. I am so desensitized to all the fawkery this school and administration has put me through the last 15 years. A couple of great moments over those 15 years I admit, but so many bad decisions over bad decisions sprinkled with more bad decisions that I am just so numb to everything that occurs every season with this program. To think that Richt will be here for 4 more years is just scallions on chicken sh*t they keep marketing to me as chicken salad. I just turn on the games now and wait for the wheels to come off. Every year at least three game losing streak under Richt. Prior head coaches that are barely employable anywhere else. We have not beat one relevant football program since last year and that was prior to another three game losing streak. It's one sick long joke where I stopped laughing at the punchline 10 years ago.

Advertisement
On offense how many all conference caliber players do we have? Just cause they got that U on they helmet don’t mean ****

Oh ok, so finishing way above in the recruiting rankings against the likes of Virginia, BC, and Duke means we have less talent than them? None of those teams have finished in the top 25 for recruiting in the last three years. You guys can't be serious with this s-hit that those teams have more talent than Miami. I have to be getting trolled at this point.

Last edited:
Saban's 2nd year at Bama he went 12-0 in the regular season and made it to the SEC championship before losing to Florida.
Bama's program hadn't been neglected for 15 years when Saban came in. Saban's first year was two years after an 11 win season.

Advertisement
Then coach your guys up. Why is the OL still trash in year 3? Why is a kid who you publicly announced would never play here your most trusted QB lol

Oh ok, so finishing way above in the recruiting rankings against the likes of Virginia, BC, and Duke means we have less talent them? None of those teams have finished in the top 25 for recruiting in the last three years. You guys can't be serious with this s-hit that those teams have more talent than Miami. I have to be getting trolled at this point.
It’s not just about talent tho.

Advertisement
“This offense has worked for 30 years”
“We don’t need explosive plays”
“I’m not playing underclassmen when upperclassmen deserve to play”
“We need 60 great players to win”

conan.gif

That’s leadership bro, we have none on O. When u think about the guys we loss. Coaches can’t hold cats hands. It’s called accountibilty
Leadership ain’t gonna help when the defense knows what play is coming. Leadership won’t help when the game plan leans our weakness into the Defense strength.

There’s a lotta problems on this team, that leadership can’t overcome.

I don’t think Pitt, UVA, BC or Duke has 20 players combined that are great and yet we’ve been taken to the woodshed by them. We never stood a chance against the first 3. His weekly comments and quotes are so weak and pathetic, it’s worse than his gameplans.

“This offense has worked for 30 years”
“We don’t need explosive plays”
“I’m not playing underclassmen when upperclassmen deserve to play”
“We need 60 great players to win”

End our misery please.

03F79D07-1D37-4F2F-BE1E-4604B6C48E49.gif

Advertisement
Back