Richt: “You need 60 great players to win”

Canesfan0024

Recruit
Banned
I don’t think Pitt, UVA, BC or Duke has 20 players combined that are great and yet we’ve been taken to the woodshed by them. We never stood a chance against the first 3. His weekly comments and quotes are so weak and pathetic, it’s worse than his gameplans.

“This offense has worked for 30 years”
“We don’t need explosive plays”
“I’m not playing underclassmen when upperclassmen deserve to play”
“We need 60 great players to win”

End our misery please.

Advertisement
Well..ask bama..Clemson..Ohio st. That’s the company we want be in right. You’d need 60 great payers to be in that group. We had a very good season last year. But I see the drop off this year when u have to depend on younger guys. You lose to veteran experienced teams. I know we don’t like to hear this as a fan base but it’s true. Go look at Sabans 1st 2 years. Or Dabos 1st few years. Or jimbo when he first started at FSU. Is Richt a level or two below those names, yes. But It takes time. At Miami he has a blueprint of success. From coaches who won big here without the resume as his. Can it be duplicated again is the question. But I get us fans want to say the “U” has no business losing to Virginia or BC but we haven’t been the U since ‘03. 4 to 5 year process. Next year I expect improvements on O. If it’s not trending that way by this date next year, I’m with y’all on finding a new coach. But the RIGHT coach. Not just anyone

Well..ask bama..Clemson..Ohio st. That’s the company we want be in right. You’d need 60 great payers to be in that group. We had a very good season last year. But I see the drop off this year when u have to depend on younger guys. You lose to veteran experienced teams. I know we don’t like to hear this as a fan base but it’s true. Go look at Sabans 1st 2 years. Or Dabos 1st few years. Or jimbo when he first started at FSU. Is Richt a level or two below those names, yes. But It takes time. At Miami he has a blueprint of success. From coaches who won big here without the resume as his. Can it be duplicated again is the question. But I get us fans want to say the “U” has no business losing to Virginia or BC but we haven’t been the U since ‘03. 4 to 5 year process. Next year I expect improvements on O. If it’s not trending that way by this date next year, I’m with y’all on finding a new coach. But the RIGHT coach. Not just anyone

Heard something crazy that Clemson put 94 players in the game vs UL. Even Dabo's son scored a TD. Crazy to think about that.

Advertisement
I’m no Richt defender (anymore), but that’s the second time his words from that article have been misrepresented. “To win big” is important for context.

Richt says, in reality, “you need [your] top 60 guys to be really great ballplayers [to win big]. You have 85 on scholarship. You want every one of them to potentially become a ballplayer for you.”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article220987195.html#storylink=cpy
And he’s exactly right..go look at bama..or Clemson. That’s the company we want to be in. They have a revolving door of talent on both sides because of depth. U build that through recruiting. This class is critical. The 2015 class really hurt us as far as guys leaving. We absolutely need a grad transfer at QB. Either Hurts or the cat from Clemson. This O needs leadership and maturity next year along with a OC and a new OL coach

I’m no Richt defender (anymore), but that’s the second time his words from that article have been misrepresented. “To win big” is important for context.

Richt says, in reality, “you need [your] top 60 guys to be really great ballplayers [to win big]. You have 85 on scholarship. You want every one of them to potentially become a ballplayer for you.”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article220987195.html#storylink=cpy

Still a weak excuse. To deflect from what are the glaring issue over the past 3 years 1) the inability to coach up the good Olineman they have to be great. And 2) having no offensive scheme what so ever.

It’s the coaches job to put those 60 players in position to succeed big.

For example we can’t get Mark Pope the ball. I hate to say it but i’m Sure every other school he could have gone too would have found a way to get him into the end zone by now.

Advertisement
Richt could have 165 great players and this O would still be hard to watch.

Saban's 2nd year at Bama he went 12-0 in the regular season and made it to the SEC championship before losing to Florida.

Advertisement
Still a weak excuse. To deflect from what are the glaring issue over the past 3 years 1) the inability to coach up the good Olineman they have to be great. And 2) having no offensive scheme what so ever.

It’s the coaches job to put those 60 players in position to succeed big.

So we had no Offensive Scheme in 16 and 17..bruh that’s just factual at all. The oline in those years had no All American talent either. The guys upfront this year are just ***. Straight up. When you get whipped up front every offensive scheme looks bad

That’s not the point though. If he can’t even beat those teams how the **** do you expect him to “win big”.

And if you are saying you are not defending him which in fact you are, explain his other quotes I have provided.

Saban's 2nd year at Bama he went 12-0 in the regular season and made it to the SEC championship before losing to Florida.
His 1st year they were 6-7 I believe..2nd year 12-2...3rd year hoisted a trophy..4th year had a 3 loss season bama fans called for his head ..then the dominance started

Advertisement
Yeah I get to win big you may need "60 great players," but not to beat Virginia, Duke, BC. Richt has become an absolute clown. He lucked into 10 wins last year. This year shows what state this program is really in and I have little to no confidence it gets better next year.

Richt deserves the criticism he has gotten, but the absolute obsession around here with trying to crucify him for anything and everything, even making sh-it up and distorting quotes and facts to push that narrative, has gotten really exhausting.

Advertisement
Back