Richt: “You need 60 great players to win”

Bronco Mendenhall beat us with 27 according to him...Big plays? Whose asking for those? Homer and Dallas had big plays and then we couldn't get a first down against Duke. Move the god**** chains church boy. What Manny and the D have done is mindboggling considering the position our offense has put them in and how much time they spend on the field. Our OL is underperforming, our QB's are underperforming, and our playcalling isn't really helping. The offensive staff all need a come to Jesus talk.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
I don’t think Pitt, UVA, BC or Duke has 20 players combined that are great and yet we’ve been taken to the woodshed by them. We never stood a chance against the first 3. His weekly comments and quotes are so weak and pathetic, it’s worse than his gameplans.

“This offense has worked for 30 years”
“We don’t need explosive plays”
“I’m not playing underclassmen when upperclassmen deserve to play”
“We need 60 great players to win”

End our misery please.
We've been car jacked and the ride is not going to stop for a long time.

Well..ask bama..Clemson..Ohio st. That’s the company we want be in right. You’d need 60 great payers to be in that group. We had a very good season last year. But I see the drop off this year when u have to depend on younger guys. You lose to veteran experienced teams. I know we don’t like to hear this as a fan base but it’s true. Go look at Sabans 1st 2 years. Or Dabos 1st few years. Or jimbo when he first started at FSU. Is Richt a level or two below those names, yes. But It takes time. At Miami he has a blueprint of success. From coaches who won big here without the resume as his. Can it be duplicated again is the question. But I get us fans want to say the “U” has no business losing to Virginia or BC but we haven’t been the U since ‘03. 4 to 5 year process. Next year I expect improvements on O. If it’s not trending that way by this date next year, I’m with y’all on finding a new coach. But the RIGHT coach. Not just anyone

ON PAPER Miami had the players, experienced or inexperienced, to at least finish " 9-3 " this season! And the current state of PUTRID Cane matters falls on Marky Mark and his INEPTITUDE offensive staff. Especially Stacy and Junior!!!!!!!!!!!

And another thing. If it wasn't for Manuel and his staff and his players, Miami probably would be sitting at " 3-6 " right now. So let that sink in, CS-1960!

Advertisement
People need to get over yourselves with the whole taking a quote out of context. How many players does he need to beat teams that are middle of the pack programs and some of the worst out of all P5 schools?

Live look at Richt's defenders after Richt makes every excuse possible as to why we are losing to Virginia, BC, and Duke:

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

People need to get over yourselves with the whole taking a quote out of context. How many players does he need to beat teams that are middle of the pack programs and some of the worst out of all P5 schools?

So why not just say that in an existing thread? Why do we have to twist quotes in order to say what we've been saying for a month?

Yeah I get to win big you may need "60 great players," but not to beat Virginia, Duke, BC. Richt has become an absolute clown. He lucked into 10 wins last year. This year shows what state this program is really in and I have little to no confidence it gets better next year.

Manuel's defense also kept Marky Mark in a lot of ball games last year. Enter the turnover chain and what not.

Advertisement

While we're on the subject, why did you only use part of the quote?

You also need a coaching staff not stuck in the 80s and early 90s. You need a head coach who is more interested in developing QB's than getting his kid paid. You need a staff that is flexible in their approach and execution. We seem to have none of these either.

We screwed.

Advertisement
In line with his theory that he needs to out-athlete every team to win. Great. Another Llllarry ****er.

Well..ask bama..Clemson..Ohio st. That’s the company we want be in right. You’d need 60 great payers to be in that group. We had a very good season last year. But I see the drop off this year when u have to depend on younger guys. You lose to veteran experienced teams. I know we don’t like to hear this as a fan base but it’s true. Go look at Sabans 1st 2 years. Or Dabos 1st few years. Or jimbo when he first started at FSU. Is Richt a level or two below those names, yes. But It takes time. At Miami he has a blueprint of success. From coaches who won big here without the resume as his. Can it be duplicated again is the question. But I get us fans want to say the “U” has no business losing to Virginia or BC but we haven’t been the U since ‘03. 4 to 5 year process. Next year I expect improvements on O. If it’s not trending that way by this date next year, I’m with y’all on finding a new coach. But the RIGHT coach. Not just anyone
You’re argument is invalid. We are not asking to be on Bama’s level yet. We are asking to beat the teams we clearly out talent.

Advertisement
Hold up guys. Mork is correct. He DOES need 60 great players to beat UVA or Duke. Have u not seen that offense.

Dudes being honest.

While we're on the subject, why did you only use part of the quote?
Quite honestly that’s the quote I saw, so sure my fault on that, but it’s basically a quote I would expect for him to say. No body in their right mind expected a ACC title, let alone playoffs. We know we have deficiencies on the roster. But to score 39 points in 3 games against bottom of the barrel P5 teams is asaine and fireable just that alone.

So as people pointed out he said to “win big”, I posed the question, how many is needed to win against the likes of Duke, BC, UVA and Pitt? Or better yet, in Richts mind, how many great players do we have now?

You’re argument is invalid. We are not asking to be on Bama’s level yet. We are asking to beat the teams we clearly out talent.
So we not tryna compete for titles year in and out..that was the premise of MR statement if u actually took the time to read it

Advertisement
Back