Revisiting Robert Knowles

Advertisement
You're a better man than I am. Lot of chumps on here are overly sensitive and obsessed....
You're telling me. I said the guy worked hard, didn't complain and never quit but was a liability so let's look forward to the guys we have now and I get torn up because people can't stand me. Well hit the ignore button then jagbones.

You're telling me. I said the guy worked hard, didn't complain and quit but was a liability so let's look forward to the guys we have now and I get torn up because people can't stand me. Well hit the ignore button then jagbones.
Totally agree. We have to understand we have a life. Others on here.....

Totally agree. We have to understand we have a life. Others on here.....
People on here judge if you have a life or not based on the number of posts. So the person posting doesn't have a say if they have a life or not.

Advertisement
1Luv is extra horny today it seems
See the source image

Few things...

1. Knowles was fine his SR year, he worked hard, didn't complain, thank him for his service and move on.

2. Why the infatuation with this kid? He got slandered for his on field play but it is over. I thought I read a thread on this topic before and I looked and counted seven (7) Rob Knowles "appreciation" threads. Like I get it, he got eviscerated for being the one on screen failing to make a play at some pivotal moments but ffs....

3. Found this gem from the Knowles commit thread:
DMoney's Scouting Report:

This guy might be my favorite prospect in the class. His recruitment has been a mystery, and I have no idea what his grades or off-field situation is. As a football player, though?

Knowles is explosive, light on his feet, and nasty. He's a legit 6'2 with the frame to grow into a big safety. If his grades check out, he should have been offered yesterday.
Dmoney and Peter were all about Knowles. I have never trusted their ability to grade a recruit and I don't know why anyone would.

People on here judge if you have a life or not based on the number of posts. So the person posting doesn't have a say if they have a life or not.
Exactly. And what their response score is. Not my definition of having a life, for sure.
Cheers diesel you're a cool cat...

Dmoney and Peter were all about Knowles. I have never trusted their ability to grade a recruit and I don't know why anyone would.
They are still holding out hope for him lol. That's why this thread was created. Go ahead @DMoney create a Dallas Crawford thread who did more in one game than Knowles did in 5 years.

Advertisement
What about the walk on Fentress that played big mins??

Kacy Rodgers

Lil highsmith

vaugh telemaque (SP)

woof the great safety’s that’s have come through here we sure did have a terrible slide for a
Did you just compare Vaughn to him or any of those other ones you mentioned? I'm hoping I misread that.

Advertisement
I thought Knowles would be good. He was not good. His limitations athletically, which are clear in retrospect when looking at testing numbers, prevented him from ever being a true Miami-caliber safety.

But we need to stop using his name as a slur on this board. The man stayed five years, never quit, took a ton of crap from the fanbase and worked himself into a serviceable safety. Rewatching the FSU game, I had forgotten how well he played.

There are plenty of busts and quitters who can be used as shorthand for a "bad Miami player." Knowles should never again be mentioned with those guys. He was a true Cane who didn't quit and earned his scholarship.

He never listened to "us".

I think Rob has the characteristics to be a a coach.

Advertisement
I'd bet there isn't any other Cane over the last 30 years that was as bad as Knowles that received that much actual game time. Name any defensive player in Canes history that played in 48 games and averaged less than 2 tackles a game with a whopping 1 fumble recovery and 0 INTs. I have no idea why people on this board keep sweating this dude for staying. Of course he's going to stay, we kept running him out onto the field - why would he leave?

1591121790989.png

If who rumph targets is the issue(one of them)than you should realize he's just another one of the people on the defensive side of the ball who is a yes man. He does what he's told and not much more. If he ever goes anywhere else where a DC let's him do his job in it's entirety you'd have a very different opinion of him.

I dont know about his eval skills. I know recruiting aint his thing at all either way. I think he is solid with the onfield stuff or is improving there. Im hoping his group produces and he gets a few early round selection to help improve his stock if we are keeping him moving forward.

Me personally i wouldve told him look for greener pastures last year....possibly Banda as well and grabbed 1 guy to coach DBS.

I dont know about his eval skills. I know recruiting aint his thing at all either way. I think he is solid with the onfield stuff or is improving there. Im hoping his group produces and he gets a few early round selection to help improve his stock if we are keeping him moving forward.

Me personally i wouldve told him look for greener pastures last year....possibly Banda as well and grabbed 1 guy to coach DBS.
That was the original plan to just have him coach dbs. It's essentially what happens already. But when cmr saw how little respect kids gave the bartender he decided he needed to have him on field as well. His recruiting talents aren't as bad as most on here think. His issue is he doesn't go into all the ****ery with kids. He goes after the kids he's told to but he don't lie to them. Mike's one of the few straight up dudes we have on the staff. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. A coaches job is to COACH...

Advertisement
Back