Revisiting Robert Knowles

was crazy is....he STILL recruits cb better than Rumph. lmao
Redwine, Gunter, and Michael Jackson to name a few. Idk who got credit for guys like Jaquan, Carter, Jenkins, Bush, and Tracy Howard. I know the first four listed were safeties but I thought he was in charge of all DB’s.

Advertisement
I thought Knowles would be good. He was not good. His limitations athletically, which are clear in retrospect when looking at testing numbers, prevented him from ever being a true Miami-caliber safety.

But we need to stop using his name as a slur on this board. The man stayed five years, never quit, took a ton of crap from the fanbase and worked himself into a serviceable safety. Rewatching the FSU game, I had forgotten how well he played.

There are plenty of busts and quitters who can be used as shorthand for a "bad Miami player." Knowles should never again be mentioned with those guys. He was a true Cane who didn't quit and earned his scholarship.
Other than jaquan no one here has been a Miami caliber safety. But it wasn't anywhere near his physical limitations that prevented his success as it was his mental. No shot on him. Honestly that's all on the staff that he had the option to come here. In my days he was a protypical walk on. If anything he would be loved by the fanbase if he would've came here as a preferred walk on and worked his way into some time. The kid absolutely bust his *** on a regular and at the end of the day thats all we could expect.

Advertisement
was crazy is....he STILL recruits cb better than Rumph. lmao
If who rumph targets is the issue(one of them)than you should realize he's just another one of the people on the defensive side of the ball who is a yes man. He does what he's told and not much more. If he ever goes anywhere else where a DC let's him do his job in it's entirety you'd have a very different opinion of him.

Kid should’ve never been put in this position. He could’ve been a stud ST guy w some spot duty, but he was put in a position he couldn’t avoid due to our..................never mind; I’m not going to beat a dead horse. Point is, Bob Knowles played his heart out, even though his talent wasn’t P5 level. Came to work & didn’t complain, and he loved The U, so he’ll be alright w me, despite me being hard on him. Wasn’t his fault.

I don't mean to throw this joke in here but anyone can play at UM now. I mean it's not that difficult anymore

How’d you not mean to throw that joke in there and then proceed to do exactly that? Oh you just added that so people would be ok with you, once again, ****ting on the program, players, coaches, recruits etc? Gotcha.

You expect that type of **** from UFag and FSwho fans but gotta endure it from our own fake *** fans too.

Can’t wait for the season to start and watch cats like you backpeddle and try to jump on the wagon like you did when we beat ND and VT. Keep this same energy when we winning funny guy.

Advertisement
I'm sure he's a good kid, he worked his *** off, and never quit. But he's gone and we don't have to see his poor play anymore and no he wasn't serviceable at all. Let's look forward to the talent at safety for this year and going forward.

Have you ever been serviceable at anything.

How’d you not mean to throw that joke in there and then proceed to do exactly that? Oh you just added that so people would be ok with you, once again, ****ting on the program, players, coaches, recruits etc? Gotcha.

You expect that type of **** from UFag and FSwho fans but gotta endure it from our own fake *** fans too.

Can’t wait for the season to start and watch cats like you backpeddle and try to jump on the wagon like you did when we beat ND and VT. Keep this same energy when we winning funny guy.
It's not hard to play at UM anymore......it's a true statement. Name me some recent safeties that could play on those 2000 squads. If u think I enjoy ripping the program then u haven't paid attention to my posts over the years....your just emotional because u take it personally and don't like to hear it. And if I backpeddle I backpeddle.......my thing is will u guys still have this same energy if we don't show up......cause either which way I'll be here either eating that crow or saying I told u so. No change in me and ain't scared to be wrong. And I'll tell u there are uf fans and FSU fans that don't believe in there coaches u see it all the time in the tears threads. Also apologize for expecting excellence

I thought Knowles would be good. He was not good. His limitations athletically, which are clear in retrospect when looking at testing numbers, prevented him from ever being a true Miami-caliber safety.

But we need to stop using his name as a slur on this board. The man stayed five years, never quit, took a ton of crap from the fanbase and worked himself into a serviceable safety. Rewatching the FSU game, I had forgotten how well he played.

There are plenty of busts and quitters who can be used as shorthand for a "bad Miami player." Knowles should never again be mentioned with those guys. He was a true Cane who didn't quit and earned his scholarship.
Who ever evaluated his talent at the high school level is to blame. Or its possible like so many other players his talent was never developed. I do not blame the player. I blame the staff.

Advertisement
If who rumph targets is the issue(one of them)than you should realize he's just another one of the people on the defensive side of the ball who is a yes man. He does what he's told and not much more. If he ever goes anywhere else where a DC let's him do his job in it's entirety you'd have a very different opinion of him.
Seems like it's his demeanor not to rock the boat. Inner workings of a team is a quite complicated dynamic...

Advertisement
Kid should’ve never been put in this position. He could’ve been a stud ST guy w some spot duty, but he was put in a position he couldn’t avoid due to our..................never mind; I’m not going to beat a dead horse. Point is, Bob Knowles played his heart out, even though his talent wasn’t P5 level. Came to work & didn’t complain, and he loved The U, so he’ll be alright w me, despite me being hard on him. Wasn’t his fault.
It's not wrong to be critical while the guys working but after he gave it his all. It's not wrong to pat him on the back and thank him. His U degree was a great accomplishment. May it be a great stepping stone to his future...

Few things...

1. Knowles was fine his SR year, he worked hard, didn't complain, thank him for his service and move on.

2. Why the infatuation with this kid? He got slandered for his on field play but it is over. I thought I read a thread on this topic before and I looked and counted seven (7) Rob Knowles "appreciation" threads. Like I get it, he got eviscerated for being the one on screen failing to make a play at some pivotal moments but ffs....

3. Found this gem from the Knowles commit thread:
DMoney's Scouting Report:

This guy might be my favorite prospect in the class. His recruitment has been a mystery, and I have no idea what his grades or off-field situation is. As a football player, though?

Knowles is explosive, light on his feet, and nasty. He's a legit 6'2 with the frame to grow into a big safety. If his grades check out, he should have been offered yesterday.

Were threads like these made about AJ Highsmith and Dallas Crawford who played during a difficult time in this program and they both changed positions?

Advertisement
Back