Revisiting Robert Knowles

Advertisement
That was the original plan to just have him coach dbs. It's essentially what happens already. But when cmr saw how little respect kids gave the bartender he decided he needed to have him on field as well. His recruiting talents aren't as bad as most on here think. His issue is he doesn't go into all the ****ery with kids. He goes after the kids he's told to but he don't lie to them. Mike's one of the few straight up dudes we have on the staff. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. A coaches job is to COACH...

well said..anyone making Rumph an issue really don’t have a clue.

Advertisement
My man just off head ...we have gotten beaten out by UCF and FSU for dbs Those arent the current elites.

Has UCF recruited the position better than us? Also, if UCF is the school someone chooses over us, in the end, could they have really picked us? I really can't remember who we lost to UCF.

FSU is always going to be 50/50 with us. They've also been far more relevant during the last 15 years. Kids don't know is being good, not in their lifetime. Our good old days are ancient history to them.

More blame needs to be put on the coaches who failed to recruit/develop other talent to the point in which Knowles was forced to play when he clearly wasn't ready. Knowles did a great job of become a serviceable safety near the end of his career. But boy that early PT was ROUGH.

That’s what happens when guys get forced on the field before they are ready. We have to fix that and make numbers EVERY recruiting cycle.

Ivey, Campbell, and Nelson got the same thrown to the wolves treatment and are reviled by a large portion of the fan base. Those guys should have been on the bench but for failed recruiting.

Some guys can’t contribute until their fourth or sometimes fifth year. Knowles would be seen differently if last year was all we judged him by without the epic failures he had early on.

Advertisement
More blame needs to be put on the coaches who failed to recruit/develop other talent to the point in which Knowles was forced to play when he clearly wasn't ready. Knowles did a great job of become a serviceable safety near the end of his career. But boy that early PT was ROUGH.

it’s the bartender...he doesn’t deserve this job..done nothing to earn the job or to still be employed in this job.

& Knowles wasn’t serviceable

You are way off on your read then. #1 I talked with him about Marco. He was promoting his commitment because of the relationship he has with the family. That's the only reason he did that. Had zero to do with him coming here. The kid had said weeks before we weren't in it and Chad said months before it ain't happening. Far as recruiting being an important part of the job I'd strongly disagree. Recruiting is simply a big product of success. Whether people wanna hear it or not that's the main ingredient to recruiting beyond the incentives. Is your team winning and is your unit a key piece in those wins. Guess what,this team ain't winning. Hasn't been winning in **** near as long as these kids been alive except an occasional exception. That ain't on your cb coach. That's on everyone. He's not a wellness by far on any staff that has the bartender as a CO DC,BLAKER BAKER, & PATTY CAKE. none of those dudes should be here in the capacity they in. Blake should have an on field role. But not as a DC. The other two **** no. Ephraim should be special teams at best and patke should be support staff at full back. Brother you know your football so this always confuses me. It's like you got some issue with him beyond the game. I know for fact because Mike is a friend of mine some of the kids he's wanted to go after. Who he's evaluated and each time been gave an excuse my Mandy directly why they have to be put on the back of the page. Whether it's the budget and what it would cost to recruit these kids. Whether it's where they're located or most often what kids are available locally. Mandy prioritizes local kids to the extent he neglects alot of kids nationally who show REAL INTEREST. Yes Mandy is getting better with giving a lil more attention to national kids. But he'll NEVER prioritize those kids like he does locals. So when people complain saying we didn't get this local kid or that local kid it's gotta be understood that kid was long shot to begin... Far as the other point I just read about losing battles to fsu and ucf and what that means. Well #1 ucf in this climate we currently live in, they're far more relevant than us. They also have the same argument we have about being a local school to the same kids. Yes they're not as close for most and their city isn't anywhere near what ours is. But it's about being close to home. Not being able to go to the city. Honestly most real college towns offer more to a kid that they're interested in then what the city of Miami offers. No doubt we got bad ******* beautiful beaches etc. But you think city kids interested in beaches like that... far as fspoo they got the semi local chip AND most off they offer legit kids INCENTIVES... look at Mike from a different perspective and I'm curious how you see it.

-1.) You dont promote a kid you know aint coming here and you know whatsort of affect the kid has within the fan base regardless of your relationship there.

I put more emphasis on the recruiting portion than most do. Winning is essentially very important....BUTTTTT there are teams that arent winning that are still able to recruit at a high clip or atleast fill their needs...especially a position where locally is grown on trees. Clemson got the ball really rolling on the recruiting front before really winning. I know they did it with some bags as well...but we are at a clear ADVANTAGE recruiting wise than most colleges..just flat out on location.

-Again i have no issue with Rumph at all...i just call it like it is...and he is low hanging fruit since EVERY recruiting cycle its pretty much the same issue

- Making excuses about the climate and relevancy aside...we shouldnt get beat out by UCF for a position of need. If you guys are waving the flag to them then i guess we definately see it at different levels. FSU i get it...They always will be able to recruit. UCF....naw brah.

Any talk on rumph doesnt have to be a deflection to Banda or other coaches though...They can get the smoke in their own threads.

Advertisement
Has UCF recruited the position better than us? Also, if UCF is the school someone chooses over us, in the end, could they have really picked us? I really can't remember who we lost to UCF.

FSU is always going to be 50/50 with us. They've also been far more relevant during the last 15 years. Kids don't know is being good, not in their lifetime. Our good old days are ancient history to them.

If you think UCF recruited the position bettter than us..ask yourself why...and maybe just go take their guy. We lost a legacy kid to ucf a few months ago from Broward.

The limitations of a player are only a problem when a program lacks a better player(s) to play in front of the limited player. That’s not the fault of the limited player, it’s the fault of the program for being bereft or talent. In short, he only played because we had no one better. That’s UM‘s fault. Robert Knowles comported himself well, went to school, and graduated. He made the most of his time at UM and for that he should be commended because life is all about maximizing opportunities. He got the max that his body would give of the opportunity to play at UM.

There were limited players on every UM team since 1983. Anyone who attended UM or any other college knew a 2nd or 3rd string player. But on those past teams the 2nd or 3rd string remained on the bench, or maybe on special teams.

That wasn't when Mandy was first hired. That was this off-season. Don't know about patke being involved in that. Never heard that at all. But I know Mike was told he was going to be let go. Than for some reason that changed. I know he has several people on the board who are find of him. Don't know if they had to do with that or not though. Think it was more Mandy saying he'd have to admit to a bigger problem then just the offense. Internally he put all the blame on Enos and his people. Getting rid of patke and Mike would be him telling the board the problems are bigger. Besides patke is his people so I really doubt he was involved in that.

If this is true then it solidifies he’s in over his head.

Advertisement
nope! He was absolute trash & should’ve been shown the door after year 2.

he did not play well vs FSU or any team...that is a LIE.

I just watched FSU 2017 and Knowles angered the **** out of me in the 2 TD’s they scored on us.

I thought Knowles would be good. He was not good. His limitations athletically, which are clear in retrospect when looking at testing numbers, prevented him from ever being a true Miami-caliber safety.

But we need to stop using his name as a slur on this board. The man stayed five years, never quit, took a ton of crap from the fanbase and worked himself into a serviceable safety. Rewatching the FSU game, I had forgotten how well he played.

There are plenty of busts and quitters who can be used as shorthand for a "bad Miami player." Knowles should never again be mentioned with those guys. He was a true Cane who didn't quit and earned his scholarship.
OP been protecting Robert Knowles since we first crooted him. I've been his biggest ctitic before he even stepped on greentree. Ill admit he played serviceable this year but if we wanna be back we cant be crooting guys like this.

I told D Money 5 years ago one of his own coaches who I used to work with told me he couldnt belive Miami offered and that he was an FIU type of guy. In his own words "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" Saying all that if he was my son I'd be a proud dad.

cue the FIU jokes

You call Manny, Mandy to his face?

Just remember you saying before don't talk **** if not going to say it to someones face and its easy to hide behind a screen
Actually what I call him to his face is Manny poo. I ain't no part of that you just explained. But I feel you. You ever meet Mandy ask him what else I call him and his butt buddy's to his face. Lol

Nope. They just quit.
What my nephew chose to do here(which by the way still was an accomplishment someone like you will never amount to)has nothing to do with me. I played here all my years and started 3 of them. Won't get into what I accomplished here again cause it's not relevant. You lames talk about a kid quitting when you have no clue how ****ed the situation has been here on the inside and how toxic it was at the time. Someone like you will just let someone play you and lie to your face over and over and just keep accepting it. Options at that point are never demand anything out of yourself and accept the situation or fvck up your coach and destroy any prayer of a future. Smh people so blinded by lies that reality don't mean ****. To stay here and keep fighting your own coaches is a waste of everyones time and it's him giving up on his future. Y'all just don't give a fvck about a kids future. You care about is future. Well ******* long as staffs like these and fans like y'all are here we ain't got no future anymore. So good luck with that.

Advertisement
Back