Revisiting Robert Knowles

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
I thought Knowles would be good. He was not good. His limitations athletically, which are clear in retrospect when looking at testing numbers, prevented him from ever being a true Miami-caliber safety.

But we need to stop using his name as a slur on this board. The man stayed five years, never quit, took a ton of crap from the fanbase and worked himself into a serviceable safety. Rewatching the FSU game, I had forgotten how well he played.

There are plenty of busts and quitters who can be used as shorthand for a "bad Miami player." Knowles should never again be mentioned with those guys. He was a true Cane who didn't quit and earned his scholarship.

Advertisement
Agree hes a good kid got nothing against him but he was limited. We will always mention someone recent who was limited as examples it happens, people arent trying to trash the kid but your right he played with super effort and busted his *** in that jersey and never quit.

Advertisement
I'm sure he's a good kid, he worked his *** off, and never quit. But he's gone and we don't have to see his poor play anymore and no he wasn't serviceable at all. Let's look forward to the talent at safety for this year and going forward.

LMAO the literal FIRST post after a guy who really does know the game says he played well against FSU. This guy is on a truly legendary run of being the literal worst. I gotta take my hat off. A performance for the ages. And on this board, it’s special to stick out this much for having diarrhea for brains.

Actually "grading" wise RN was the second best safety behind Hall. If we were a talented team he would have covered kicks at best but we were not. Hopefully we no longer have to start players of his caliber but he was not "horrible" last year.

Advertisement
I thought Knowles would be good. He was not good. His limitations athletically, which are clear in retrospect when looking at testing numbers, prevented him from ever being a true Miami-caliber safety.

But we need to stop using his name as a slur on this board. The man stayed five years, never quit, took a ton of crap from the fanbase and worked himself into a serviceable safety. Rewatching the FSU game, I had forgotten how well he played.

There are plenty of busts and quitters who can be used as shorthand for a "bad Miami player." Knowles should never again be mentioned with those guys. He was a true Cane who didn't quit and earned his scholarship.
**** yeah! 100% agree with you. nothing but respect for a true cane: Robert Knowles.

LMAO the literal FIRST post after a guy who really does know the game says he played well against FSU. This guy is on a truly legendary run of being the literal worst. I gotta take my hat off. A performance for the ages. And on this board, it’s special to stick out this much for having diarrhea for brains.
The ignore button is a beautiful thing

Advertisement

Like Rosier, he's a great benchmark of the situation we find ourselves in as a football team.

Neither one is talented enough to start on (what the mind's eye conjures when we think of) a University of Miami football team, but we've been terrible for a decade.

Both kids worked hard, didn't get in trouble and gave it their all. Much like the attention Jimmy Murphy got last year - I don't begrudge them that moment. We just all have higher standards.

As you correctly state, there's a plethora of players that could be used as the byword for **** Canes. Knowles ain't it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back