Returning Players

It sorta sounded that way in Gak’s statement.
there are a lot of coaches on the hot seat : I think the idea of grabbing 5 one and done might be over: You don't get Zion's, Davis, Durant freshmen every day: Coaches have seen how the right older player that has had success on the College scene is more conducive to winning, and keeping your job.

Advertisement
Should we pencil Kam in for a return then? I don’t see him getting drafted, but maybe the feedback he gets in the process will be useful.
There's no way he gets drafted. Dudes who score 20ppg with similar skillsets don't get drafted.

How the **** does it work if the Draft is after the decision date?

Is that always the case?

Advertisement
That’s my recollection. It allows the player to workout for teams, go to the combine if they have it, and pull their name back out if they hear they aren’t going to like the draft result.
Thanks! I think you are right.

Not surprising. Let's pray he decides to come back. Can't imagine how horrible next year's team would be without him. We'd have zero offense.

Advertisement
The only way I don't see them coming back is if they decide to transfer or go to the G League.
Transferring is always a possibility, but probably a slight one this late in the game. They've been working out with the team for weeks now. I just don't see them doing that and deciding to go to another school so late in the summer. G league is, or at least should be out of the question for these two. Not getting an invite to the pre-draft camp should tell them all they need to know as far as what the NBA thinks of them. NBA doesn't think our guys are ready to make that jump yet.

Transferring is always a possibility, but probably a slight one this late in the game. They've been working out with the team for weeks now. I just don't see them doing that and deciding to go to another school so late in the summer. G league is, or at least should be out of the question for these two. Not getting an invite to the pre-draft camp should tell them all they need to know as far as what the NBA thinks of them. NBA doesn't think our guys are ready to make that jump yet.
Agreed. They should be back on the team. If they do both come back, we should have a pretty loaded backcourt with Kam, Wong, and Moore as shoe-in starters and Beverly, Robinson, J Miller, and Poplar off the bench. I am not counting Joseph because at this point I think it's safe to assume he isn't coming.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back