Returning Players

I have a feeling Coach L begged Gak and Miller to come back after he saw how badly we kept striking out in the portal. Why else would it take them so long to make a decision?

Wouldnt be surprised if they shopped themselves around and there were no takers

Advertisement
They are nice D2/D3 players. These are major failures in recruiting and assembling talent. If you have to beg Rodney Miller to come back, there is no amount of lipstick that can make this pig of a basketball program pretty.

Advertisement
Advertisement
How come no one has mentioned whether or not Willie Herenton gets another year?
He is getting completely left out.
Walk ons should get an extra year also.
Considering who we DO have coming back, I heartily agree. He also seemed to be improving in several aspects of the game the more minutes he got... nothing to crow about, but seemed on the upswing.

Advertisement
Miller? I heard he couldn’t fend off all those offers.
Hard to believe now but Miller when at Oak Hill either took visits to, or was visited by coaches from, the following schools: UVa, UConn, Kansas, Wake Forest, Seton Hall, Ga Tech, Cincinnati and Georgetown. Maybe a few others as well. I'm sure that was based on his NYC/Oak Hill pedigree, and especially his being a solid 6'11.

I'm sure those schools saw that he was a bit stiff and not that athletic but, I guess they (those that offered) figured those deficiencies could hopefully be overcome.

Hard to believe now but Miller when at Oak Hill either took visits to, or was visited by coaches from, the following schools: UVa, UConn, Kansas, Wake Forest, Seton Hall, Ga Tech, Cincinnati and Georgetown. Maybe a few others as well. I'm sure that was based on his NYC/Oak Hill pedigree, and especially his being a solid 6'11.

I'm sure those schools saw that he was a bit stiff and not that athletic but, I guess they (those that offered) figured those deficiencies could hopefully be overcome.
Nailed it. If miller didn’t go to Oak Hill I’m confident he is playing mid major ball. I’m shocked that Oak Hill took him given his skill set.

At a real program with half way decent coaching he's a decent contributor at worst. He wasn't a top 100 player but programs like UVA, Kansas, etc. don't recruit you by accident.

Advertisement
At a real program with half way decent coaching he's a decent contributor at worst. He wasn't a top 100 player but programs like UVA, Kansas, etc. don't recruit you by accident.
Hundreds of coaches visit Oak Hill, so we don't know from my list of schools (that he had contact with) which ones were serious players. A coach visiting an Oak Hill or IMG probably "talks" with many players during a visit.

Hundreds of coaches visit Oak Hill, so we don't know from my list of schools (that he had contact with) which ones were serious players. A coach visiting an Oak Hill or IMG probably "talks" with many players during a visit.
Absolutely. Any coach in America is going to speak to a 6’11 kid at Oak Hill or IMG. Anyone know if FSU was on him? I’m beginning to view them as the best developers of bigs in America. If Hamilton & staff didn’t see much with him, that says a lot

Absolutely. Any coach in America is going to speak to a 6’11 kid at Oak Hill or IMG. Anyone know if FSU was on him? I’m beginning to view them as the best developers of bigs in America. If Hamilton & staff didn’t see much with him, that says a lot
I've never seen FSU associated with Miller. Seems to me most of Leonard's bigs have been players from Europe or Africa.

Look at his stats from HS. Look at his actual playing time and results. See both Junior and Senior years.

Advertisement
Back