PF Waardenburg / Walker
C Miller / Gak

Here goes nothin'

PG Moore / Beverly / Poplar
SG Wong / Miller
SF McGusty / Robinson
PF Waardenburg / Walker
C Miller / Gak
Similar to what I had posted except Poplar is a 2 guard and I think J Miller projects more as a 3 than a 2.

This is a team that will win more total games than it loses. I’ll take that improvement from last year.

This team won’t win **** next year as long as Jimmy Boy and his band of idiots are still coaching. Sam and Rodney are the worst D1 players I’ve ever seen. Beverly is up there too.

Advertisement
I get the ire with L right now but the Beverly take is pretty bad
I only watched like the first 12-15 games then had enough and what I saw of him last year was pretty bad. Did he get better towards the end of the year? All I remember is the missed free throws, 800 turnovers, and lazy *** defense.

In a quality league, almost always a mistake to expect a lot from true Freshmen. Plus, Sam, R Miller and Beverly are pretty much known quantities. IMO, All players who are limited in what they can do.

Advertisement
Here's Jim's full press conference:

The highlights are that Rodney still isn't cleared for full contact yet, but has been doing noncontact work. He was ruled out for the season at the end of December, meaning its been about 7 months since his injury. MCL injuries don't usually last anywhere near that long, sooooooo...

Harland was a full participant in practice today for the first time since his injury. I still can't believe they thought it was a good idea to let him play through a herniated disc.

Sam was fully cleared about 3 weeks ago. Foot injuries notoriously take a while to heal because of the lack of blood flow.

Last edited:
I only watched like the first 12-15 games then had enough and what I saw of him last year was pretty bad. Did he get better towards the end of the year? All I remember is the missed free throws, 800 turnovers, and lazy *** defense.

I felt the same way about Bev... until I found out he was playing with a herniated disc in his back. I'm no doctor, but it seems likely that at least some of his issues last year were attributed to that. If healthy, I suspect he'll look a lot better this year.

Bruh, Kam kinda throws some shade at Chris. Said we haven't had a true point guard for the last 2-3 years, and that Chris was a scoring guard, unlike Charlie, who's more of point guard.

Of course, every Miami fan's been saying basically the same thing, but its nice to know the players felt the same way.

Advertisement
Here's Jim's full press conference:

The highlights are that Rodney still isn't cleared for full contact yet, but has been doing noncontact work. He was ruled out for the season at the end of December, meaning its been about 7 months since his injury. MCL injuries don't usually last anywhere near that long, sooooooo...

Harland was a full participant in practice today for the first time since his injury. I still can't believe they thought it was a good idea to let him play through a herniated disc.

Sam was fully cleared about 3 weeks ago. Foot injuries notoriously take a while to heal because of the lack of blood flow.

L also mentioned going positionless and playing Walker some at the 5. That tells you all you need to know about the state of our frontcourt.

Advertisement

Bruh, Kam kinda throws some shade at Chris. Said we haven't had a true point guard for the last 2-3 years, and that Chris was a scoring guard, unlike Charlie, who's more of point guard.

Of course, every Miami fan's been saying basically the same thing, but its nice to know the players felt the same way.

I'm sorry but Wong sounds slow lmao

L also mentioned going positionless and playing Walker some at the 5. That tells you all you need to know about the state of our frontcourt.

The misunderstanding about positionless basketball is that for it to be successful, all 5 players need to be able to shoot, dribble, rebound and defend at a certain level.

In fairness, normally all 5 guys on the court are somewhere between 6'5 to 6'9 with enough athleticism to switch every screen as the team defense does not fall off.

With that being said, our roster does not say we are capable of playing positionless basketball and being successful.

Every player on the team was injured last year. Take the training staff to Detroit.

Advertisement
Back