Remember when Manny was too stubborn?

Advertisement
Go canes is now defending the lazy hiring process. This is next level slurping.

Lmao.

If it was up to you we’d have a washed up has been as coach who somehow managed to go winless in his fourth year, all in a total **** conference.

You’re a joke.

B857EA52-F8A7-4AF8-B02E-D082B80D2B84.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Fawned over over Scott frost..honest what hot coach identified on CIS or throughout the fanbase has been worth a ****?? The same sure fire guys from 2015 are still the same sure fire guys in 2020..which means this **** is not an exact science.

It wasn’t failed or a success , it’s not off a 6-7 season lol. I’m sorry you can’t wrap your head around a bad hiring process. I know exactly how it went and anyone with a clue has said it was amateur hour. **** Gary Ferman who never speaks negatively about um said it was malpractice. It was the worst hiring process I’ve seen in my life. We literally took no calls or reached out to anyone. Even though a booster was open to drop real money on a staff.
Too be fair..this hire was not worse than the randy Shannon hire in hindsight. Not even close

Advertisement
Fawned over over Scott frost..honest what hot coach identified on CIS or throughout the fanbase has been worth a ****?? The same sure fire guys from 2015 are still the same sure fire guys in 2020..which means this **** is not an exact science.
Miami has made it an exact science the last five hires. Nobody but maybe Tennessee does it worse. Maybe we luck into one for once.

Ehhh hmmmm:

Lincoln Riley: Coached under Bob Stoops. Combined record w/ Stoops: (22-4 w/ 2 Big 12 Titles, 1 CFP appearance & 1 NY6 Bowl win)

Ryan Day: Coached under Urban Meyers.
Combined record w/ Meyers: (22-3 w/ 2 B1G Titles, 2 NY6 bowl wins) Also was the interim coach for the first 3 games of the ‘18 season and went 3-0 against a P5 schedule which included #15 TCU

Mario Cristobal: Previous HC résumé (which sucked), that got a spit shine polish while at Bama as he was considered the top 2 recruiter in the nation. So while he coached under Taggart, his body of work as a recruiter, along w/ his OL unit being first recipient of the Joe Moore award as the best OL in the nation, put him in a very favorable light among many programs.

Dabo Swinney: Coached under T Bowden but learned under Gene Stallings. Dabo was a top 20 recruiter in the nation since his hire & before taking the position as HC, was the AHC & a top 10 recruiter in the nation for the last 2 years.

Clay Helton: An absolutely lazy hire. Which is why SC is in the same boat as us, and have bled through 3 ADs since he’s been there from 2010. Ask any Trojan fans and they hated the hire. However, Helton could recruit, especially the QB position.

Now; let’s talk about Manny.
Learned under Chuck Amado, fired as a DC for giving up a record amount of yards. A journeymen DC bouncing from lower P5 schools to G5 schools. Coming from a failed regime, and was/is a horrible recruiter.

Manny didn’t fit the bill as a previous HC, as a guy coming from a successful regime, being an interim HC before accepting the full time gig, or at the very least, being an ace recruiter. ****, Manny is the reason why our LB unit is so inept; all his recruits.

So was it a lazy hire? Absolutely. Is it comparable to other programs? Nope; not even Helton, b/c again, at least he could recruit.
But didn’t manny also GA under Bowden including Mickey Andrew’s??. U say Chuck A like he was a slouch of a defensive coach..and he was under Mac brown during a natty run that they lost to Bama. A game that Texas defense shut down Bama with a true freshman QB keeping them in the game. Wasn’t he a big part of it he Miss st splash in a pan top 10 years?..didn’t he quickly turn around a UM defense that was historically bad and had no help from MR O? Wasn’t he hired at another school?

your premise is skewed on this one my boy...now I agree the manny hire was lazy IF it was under the same circumstances as most hires. MR up and retired in DeC. nobody saw that coming. That’s a short time to try and get a search going when u have top candidates already in the swing of the coaching movement. That was a interim HC type situation we was put it.

Advertisement
The hiring process was the worst I’ve ever seen , including Shannon. I’m not talking the hire but the actual process and everything involved. Total malpractice.
It wasn’t a normal hiring situation. Your HC up and retired DC 30th. Not at all anticipated. Randy Shannon was handpicked by the program when it was clear for months they were looking for a HC..to me that’s quite a difference in the situations

Miami has made it an exact science the last five hires. Nobody but maybe Tennessee does it worse. Maybe we luck into one for once.
Tennessee has hired “hot new coaches”. That’s a lot of hindsight we using..except for the dude they had with the bright yellow pants

First off what the **** does the date he retired matter? There’s been coaches leave later than that. Unreal there’s two people in the world defending this. You don’t know who wants the job unless you search.

You’re speaking with not knowing anything what went on during this process. Yet defending it , which is hilarious in itself. We had a booster willing to pay for a buyout and contract of a coach and willing to pay real money for a great staff. While he’s working on that Blake goes and makes a decision within hours. No letting anyone know wth he was doing. But instead he takes Miami’s money and buys our dc back. Using all of marks good will to have a first time head coach, a first time head coach that’s been an above average dc for his career. With that buyout we paid a total of eight million dollars for Diaz’s first year , not including assistants lol.

But I’ll tell you the same as the other guy , if you’re defending Blake and that lunacy we’re wasting each other’s time.
I’m defending anybody...just tryna understand. And yes the date of that abrupt retirement does indeed matter a lot within the timeline. The only program I remember in recent history go through abrupt retirement are UF and OSU. Both by urban. And if my memory serves me correct both instances they promoted quickly from within. UF has not since recovered. OSU is still elite but not quite at the level they were imo.

so like I said, yes it was a lazy hire when viewed through the lens of a fired coach needing to be replaced. That’s y I said Randy Shannon hiring was way worse given it was a program 4 years removed from a Natty deciding to hire from within like it it did that had plans of moving forward...but **** why is this even being discussed rn

Advertisement
Back