Remember when Manny was too stubborn?

View attachment 142585FSU making an awful hire doesn’t make Taggart’s time successful. Oregon hired from a failed regime.
It wasn’t failed or a success , it’s not off a 6-7 season lol. I’m sorry you can’t wrap your head around a bad hiring process. I know exactly how it went and anyone with a clue has said it was amateur hour. **** Gary Ferman who never speaks negatively about um said it was malpractice. It was the worst hiring process I’ve seen in my life. We literally took no calls or reached out to anyone. Even though a booster was open to drop real money on a staff.

Advertisement
You’re playing the one in a billion example dude, I can’t stand this example. Just like the Sabam lost ULM and went 6-6 lol.

The point is you don’t hire a dc from a failed staff hours after you got the luckiest break of a career. Not one of the schools listed did that gourd later. You interview people , reach out to see who’s interested and have a process. Then hire manny if he’s the best one for the job. It’s job malpractice , if you can’t see that I don’t know what else to say.
I didn’t say you should do it or even that it’ll work out but for 3 years Manny’s unit kept this program afloat during Richt’s tenure. Blake’s ineptitude led to hiring a guy who was good enough to get a HC job somewhere else. I don’t know if those other scenarios included the coordianator being good enough to get a head job someplace else

Didn’t Blake pretty much learn on the job here as an AD? I mean he was the Director of Athletics at Maine, but we’re talking Maine, who’s football stadium holds less than 9k & is more known for hockey than anything else.
So we hired an ice hockey AD in support of national powerhouse ice hockey team?

It wasn’t failed or a success , it’s not off a 6-7 season lol. I’m sorry you can’t wrap your head around a bad hiring process. I know exactly how it went and anyone with a clue has said it was amateur hour. **** Gary Ferman who never speaks negatively about um said it was malpractice. It was the worst hiring process I’ve seen in my life. We literally took no calls or reached out to anyone. Even though a booster was open to drop real money on a staff

Unless you’re privy to the steps taken by all these schools I find it difficult to believe all these schools immediately went through all these phenomenal steps before making their decisions professionally in just about the same amount of time.

I didn’t say you should do it or even that it’ll work out but for 3 years Manny’s unit kept this program afloat during Richt’s tenure. Blake’s ineptitude led to hiring a guy who was good enough to get a HC job somewhere else. I don’t know if those other scenarios included the coordianator being good enough to get a head job someplace else
I don’t think some are getting the argument. One guy is saying I’m defending manny and another couple guys are defending manny to me. Manny should’ve went to temple and earned this job or stayed , interviewed for the job and waited the process out. But he played Blake like a violin. Blake got out of a horrible situation with richt ,with 15-20 million left on the hook and richt just walked away. The ultimate get out of jail card. What does Blake do ? Walks down the hall and hires the dc a few hours later, then pays four million to Temple. No calls , no interviews , no reaching out to coaches elsewhere.

Now if you think that’s ok and defend that we just have to end the discussion. That goes for anyone else. There’s no defending that.

Advertisement
Unless you’re privy to the steps taken by all these schools I find it difficult to believe all these schools immediately went through all these phenomenal steps before making their decisions professionally in just about the same amount of time.
It’s unheard of , plain and simple. People around the program were shocked, boosters , donors, everyone. That’s why Blake will do whatever he can for manny , manny wins or they both go. End of story.

Oklahoma did the same thing with Riley, same with Day at Ohio State, Helton at USC, Mario at Oregon and Dabo at Clemson. Wisconsin went and got Chryst right back.

All those schools hired from within coaches they felt best represented their culture.

All this lazy hire talk is total bull****.

Ehhh hmmmm:

Lincoln Riley: Coached under Bob Stoops. Combined record w/ Stoops: (22-4 w/ 2 Big 12 Titles, 1 CFP appearance & 1 NY6 Bowl win)

Ryan Day: Coached under Urban Meyers.
Combined record w/ Meyers: (22-3 w/ 2 B1G Titles, 2 NY6 bowl wins) Also was the interim coach for the first 3 games of the ‘18 season and went 3-0 against a P5 schedule which included #15 TCU

Mario Cristobal: Previous HC résumé (which sucked), that got a spit shine polish while at Bama as he was considered the top 2 recruiter in the nation. So while he coached under Taggart, his body of work as a recruiter, along w/ his OL unit being first recipient of the Joe Moore award as the best OL in the nation, put him in a very favorable light among many programs.

Dabo Swinney: Coached under T Bowden but learned under Gene Stallings. Dabo was a top 20 recruiter in the nation since his hire & before taking the position as HC, was the AHC & a top 10 recruiter in the nation for the last 2 years.

Clay Helton: An absolutely lazy hire. Which is why SC is in the same boat as us, and have bled through 3 ADs since he’s been there from 2010. Ask any Trojan fans and they hated the hire. However, Helton could recruit, especially the QB position.

Now; let’s talk about Manny.
Learned under Chuck Amado, fired as a DC for giving up a record amount of yards. A journeymen DC bouncing from lower P5 schools to G5 schools. Coming from a failed regime, and was/is a horrible recruiter.

Manny didn’t fit the bill as a previous HC, as a guy coming from a successful regime, being an interim HC before accepting the full time gig, or at the very least, being an ace recruiter. ****, Manny is the reason why our LB unit is so inept; all his recruits.

So was it a lazy hire? Absolutely. Is it comparable to other programs? Nope; not even Helton, b/c again, at least he could recruit.

Advertisement
Ehhh hmmmm:

Lincoln Riley: Coached under Bob Stoops. Combined record w/ Stoops: (22-4 w/ 2 Big 12 Titles, 1 CFP appearance & 1 NY6 Bowl win)

Combined record w/ Meyers: (22-3 w/ 2 B1G Titles, 2 NY6 bowl wins) Also was the interim coach for the first 3 games of the ‘18 season and went 3-0 against a P5 schedule which included #15 TCU

Mario Cristobal: Previous HC résumé (which sucked), that got a spit shine polish while at Bama as he was considered the top 2 recruiter in the nation. So while he coached under Taggart, his body of work as a recruiter, along w/ his OL unit being first recipient of the Joe Moore award as the best OL in the nation, put him in a very favorable light among many programs.

Dabo Swinney: Coached under T Bowden but learned under Gene Stallings. Dabo was a top 20 recruiter in the nation since his hire & before taking the position as HC, was the AHC & a top 10 recruiter in the nation for the last 2 years.

Clay Helton: An absolutely lazy hire. Which is why SC is in the same boat as us, and have bled through 3 ADs since he’s been there from 2010. Ask any Trojan fans and they hated the hire. However, Helton could recruit, especially the QB position.

Learned under Chuck Amado, fired as a DC for giving up a record amount of yards. A journeymen DC bouncing from lower P5 schools to G5 schools. Coming from a failed regime, and was/is a horrible recruiter.

Manny didn’t fit the bill as a previous HC, as a guy coming from a successful regime, being an interim HC before accepting the full time gig, or at the very least, being an ace recruiter. ****, Manny is the reason why our LB unit is so inept; all his recruits.

So was it a lazy hire? Absolutely. Is it comparable to other programs? Nope; not even Helton, b/c again, at least he could recruit.
Dude said calling it a lazy hire was “ bull****”. Yeah , it’s bs until you’re staring down facts lol. Nobody is saying a lazy hire can’t work but handling the process like this is why our program has been barely breathing for a decade and a half. Lazy hires and bad hires. It’s a percentages game.

While knowing jack about sports , other than hockey. What sounds more Miami than hockey?

Every winter, the first place I think about is coming to Miami to skate on the frozen Atlantic Ocean & meet up w/ some snow bunnies. Nothing screams Hockey like Miami. Matter of fact, plan on tuning in to a NHL game to watch The Miami...................oh wait.

Dude said calling it a lazy hire was “ bull****”. Yeah , it’s bs until you’re staring down facts lol. Nobody is saying a lazy hire can’t work but handling the process like this is why our program has been barely breathing for a decade and a half. Lazy hires and bad hires. It’s a percentages game.

Exactly; to ur earlier point...Blake was given the ultimate get out of jail free card, and w/in a couple of minutes (literally) used that freed up money to over pay for a guy w/ no experience & a checkered resume.

Like, Crib, I’m really tired of trying to compare. Just b/c OSU hired Day, does not mean that was lazy. Lol. Gotta look at the entire picture. Even w/ Dabo; Dabo was a helluva recruiter, but more importantly, he was interim HC first. He auditioned. Manny should’ve went to Temple, first. The turnover we’re seeing & lack of continuity is b/c we have a coach learning on the job trying to fit pieces together as he feels his way through.

Ehhh hmmmm:

This isn’t at all skewed to make your point.

I stand corrected.

Advertisement
I don’t think some are getting the argument. One guy is saying I’m defending manny and another couple guys are defending manny to me. Manny should’ve went to temple and earned this job or stayed , interviewed for the job and waited the process out. But he played Blake like a violin. Blake got out of a horrible situation with richt ,with 15-20 million left on the hook and richt just walked away. The ultimate get out of jail card. What does Blake do ? Walks down the hall and hires the dc a few hours later, then pays four million to Temple. No calls , no interviews , no reaching out to coaches elsewhere.

Now if you think that’s ok and defend that we just have to end the discussion. That goes for anyone else. There’s no defending that.
So in other words, when Manny gave Blake an ultimatum, a competent AD would have asked if he needed assistance with plane reservations to Philly.

You shouldn’t have to defend yourself. You’ve given us no reason/s NOT to believe what you’ve shared.

It seems to be a win/win situation to me. If Manny is successful, so be it. The program wins, the university wins, and the fans win. We’ll still have Blake, but at least we’ll all have something to hang our collective hats on.

If Manny ***** the bed, we’ll be rid of both.

So in other words, when Manny gave Blake an ultimatum, a competent AD would have asked if he needed assistance with plane reservations to Philly.

You shouldn’t have to defend yourself. You’ve given us no reason/s NOT to believe what you’ve shared.

It seems to be a win/win situation to me. If Manny is successful, so be it. The program wins, the university wins, and the fans win. We’ll still have Blake, but at least we’ll all have something to hang our collective hats on.

If Manny ***** the bed, we’ll be rid of both.
And that’s the way we should look at it. It’s a win win. If Manny is the answer good , if he’s not him and Blake are gone. With 2-3 good classes for the next coach.

Im not sure if manny is the guy but I’m rooting for him , he’s at least trying more than any other recent coach.

Either way I’m not stressing, I’ve wasted the last 15 years watching this **** show, what’s two more years?

Advertisement
And that’s the way we should look at it. It’s a win win. If Manny is the answer good , if he’s not him and Blake are gone. With 2-3 good classes for the next coach.

Im not sure if manny is the guy but I’m rooting for him , he’s at least trying more than any other recent coach.

Either way I’m not stressing, I’ve wasted the last 15 years watching this **** show, what’s two more years?
That’s exactly my feeling Cribby. I’m rooting for Manny to be successful not so much for his sake, but for the sake of our football program. We’ve endured enough BS the last 15 years or so to last a lifetime.

I wish everyone got this. Perfectly explains my mindset and I think others like @423Hurricane. We should take this rationale of the situation and post it at the top of the board.

Exactly

I remember when Manny lost to FIU, LaTech, and Oklahoma State.
E2202BB0-27F4-4FC3-9913-C868FE59F6B0.gif

Advertisement
Back