Remember when Manny was too stubborn?

HurricaneHauk

Freshman
Never did I, he always made adjustments every single season he’s been here whether it’s been scheme tweaks or staff changes.

Whether to be seen he actually succeeds at the end of it but unlike Golden and Richt he’s doing every single positive thing he can do to make it here

Advertisement
I posted to nauseam this isn’t Al. There’s a lot to bash manny on but not making changes or firing people is not one. He sees a problem he tries to fix it.
he wants to win as you said. people said he wasnt loyal to enos bc he didnt work w him but it docent matter. he hired him. he handpicked him. the o product was horrific and he fired him even w the salary we got him for. the D the first year wasnt awful, but this past end of the year and really throughout was more than enough for anyone to see changes were needed

Advertisement
I posted to nauseam this isn’t Al. There’s a lot to bash manny on but not making changes or firing people is not one. He sees a problem he tries to fix it.
Yup did it in 2016 with “3rd and Diaz” and tweaked his scheme to create a striker position to give his Defense and athleticism

Enos was a failure and cut him after one year and a big contract to pry him from Bama

and now sees the issue with CB room and defense is making the moves

he is not AL he will not go down without throwing everything he can to fix it... he’s knows opportunities like these don’t come around

Agree. To this point, he’s shown he’s not averse to change and more than willing to make changes to improve the entirety of the program.

Yup did it in 2016 with “3rd and Diaz” and tweaked his scheme to create a striker position to give his Defense and athleticism

Enos was a failure and cut him after one year and a big contract to pry him from Bama

he is not AL he will not go down without throwing everything he can to fix it... he’s knows opportunities like these don’t come around

this is his dream job. there is nothing after UM for him. if he fails as an HC here, that'll be the ultimate demise for him imo. he wont go down without doing everything he can. the one thing i do like about manny is that he understands recruiting is a HUGE part in getting to be old miami again

Advertisement

Unlike Golden and Richt, every year he makes major changes. The last couple of years his hands were tied by the BOD and Blake James for financial reasons. They finally dropped the cash register and opened up the bank accounts to compete with the big boy football instead of flag football HS coaches.

Underrated post. Previous coaches would have doubled down. Cited improvements like that we went 8-3, with all Ls to ranked teams and no FIU/LT type Ls, blamed the late season defensive collapse on COVID with players/coaches being out and ran it back.

Manny recognized that our D wasn’t good enough and he would have to get rid of his friends/protégés if he really wanted to maximize his opportunity as HC at The U. That’s not an easy decision to make.

And let’s stop with the offseason Manny jokes too. The moves he made last offseason all paid off. From the portal moves to the offensive coaching staff. Upgrades all around. But the D took a step back and now he’s fixing it and I’m expecting similar, if not better, results than he got from revamping the O.

Just saying that offseason Manny is why we won 8 games this season. Hopefully the moves he’s made this offseason will continue to propel us forward, I expect they will.

Yea this has been discussed a lot recently.

Say what you want about Manny. The dude is not stubborn and has been trying to correct obvious issues.

The jury is still out on if he can take us back to the promised land, but he has shown the willingness to adapt and improvise while learning on the job and as a fan, that is nice to see.

Keeping Enos or keeping Baker would have been career suicide and something Golden or Richt would have done

Advertisement
He's seeing that when he was running the defense we could have amateur hour budget coaches learning on the job, he don't have the time to babysit now so it's no longer a fit.

Advertisement
Yes, you mentioned this multiple times !

The thing that’s made me scratch my head here daily aren’t the mopes, it’s how much more preposterous and hyperbolic their hot takes get by the day.

It’s like a never ending need to out do tone another with the most ridiculous scenarios possible.

Advertisement
Back