Remember when Manny was too stubborn?

Maybe wait until Baker is actually out. Dude was tweeting about the TRob news this afternoon. Not the move of somebody that’s been told to kick rocks.
We've had defensive coaches on this staff liking posts of kids as they commit to other schools. Baker might have been unaware of his fate until this afternoon. Things can happen quick. We'll see.

Advertisement
Unlike Golden and Richt, every year he makes major changes. The last couple of years his hands were tied by the BOD and Blake James for financial reasons. They finally dropped the cash register and opened up the bank accounts to compete with the big boy football instead of flag football HS coaches.
So it’s the BOT’s fault that Manny hired Enos and Baker???

Maybe wait until Baker is actually out. Dude was tweeting about the TRob news this afternoon. Not the move of somebody that’s been told to kick rocks

If he hasn’t Manny must believe he still has a role here. He knows better than us.

We've had defensive coaches on this staff liking posts of kids as they commit to other schools. Baker might have been unaware of his fate until this afternoon. Things can happen quick. We'll see.
I hope so. I want Baker, Patke and all of them out. But we haven’t seen any legit sources reporting this yet. Could be setting ourselves up for serious disappointment.

Advertisement
I didn’t get the “Manny is never going to get rid of Baker. They’re best friends” take. What exactly were people basing that on? Al Golden wouldn’t fire D’Onofrio so no Miami coach ever will fire a colleague? There was absolutely zero evidence that suggested Manny and Baker were somehow attached at the hip.

Underrated post. Previous coaches would have doubled down. Cited improvements like that we went 8-3, with all Ls to ranked teams and no FIU/LT type Ls, blamed the late season defensive collapse on COVID with players/coaches being out and ran it back.

Manny recognized that our D wasn’t good enough and he would have to get rid of his friends/protégés if he really wanted to maximize his opportunity as HC at The U. That’s not an easy decision to make.

And let’s stop with the offseason Manny jokes too. The moves he made last offseason all paid off. From the portal moves to the offensive coaching staff. Upgrades all around. But the D took a step back and now he’s fixing it and I’m expecting similar, if not better, results than he got from revamping the O.

Just saying that offseason Manny is why we won 8 games this season. Hopefully the moves he’s made this offseason will continue to propel us forward, I expect they will.
it's frustrating and it's slower improvement than we all want but it's improvement. if....IF....manny can keep making the necessary changes and start really building, let's see what happens.

There was absolutely zero evidence that suggested Manny and Baker were somehow attached at the hip.

Evidence? According to many posters, managers are always willing to tie their careers to the wellbeing of their interns.

Never did I, he always made adjustments every single season he’s been here whether it’s been scheme tweaks or staff changes.

Whether to be seen he actually succeeds at the end of it but unlike Golden and Richt he’s doing every single positive thing he can do to make it here
ROFL, of course we do, it wasn't to long ago, pick which one you want to start with!

Advertisement
Manny had little choice after getting humiliated by UNC and the opening of the Oklahoma State bowl game. His defense and staff gave up 83 points in 5 quarters against very good offenses. Plus the usual boat-racing by Clemson (which could have been much worse). I think his upbringing in a political family taught him pivoting is a survival technique.

Shannon tried, but didn’t have people skills.

Golden and Richt were too stubborn.

I’m good with well-mannered Mopes like @Dwinstitles. He’s in here complimenting the TRob hire and made a video I still need to check out. The issue is with the constant thread ruining extreme mongoloid mopes.
Bruh watch that **** video. It's crazy I did one then posted it then he got hired and I had to do another lol so there is two.

Not sure how many times I’ve posted this exact thing. Manny might not be the answer as the head coach, but there are a couple things that are not debatable:

1. He’s not a moron.
2. This is his complete dream job and he’s going to do every and any thing possible to keep it and be successful.

This is not just a stop on his journey. This IS his journey. He will tell you, he would be totally fine with keeping this job for 30 years and obviously being wildly successful. So sure, he might suck. This might end in Chernobyl. We don’t know. But he’s going to put his heart into this thing, 1000%, and he’s not a jughead jock moron who has zero perspective.

Never did I, he always made adjustments every single season he’s been here whether it’s been scheme tweaks or staff changes.

Whether to be seen he actually succeeds at the end of it but unlike Golden and Richt he’s doing every single positive thing he can do to make it here

I said it takes a man to admit he was wrong. I replied to ur post when u said he wasn’t, and I was wrong. Manny appears to be a guy willing to adapt for the best.

Advertisement
Bruh watch that **** video. It's crazy I did one then posted it then he got hired and I had to do another lol so there is two.
Did you put them in a thread ? I know there’s a link to one on page 8 of the TRob Hired thread I’ve been trying to get to

Advertisement
I didn’t get the “Manny is never going to get rid of Baker. They’re best friends” take. What exactly were people basing that on? Al Golden wouldn’t fire D’Onofrio so no Miami coach ever will fire a colleague? There was absolutely zero evidence that suggested Manny and Baker were somehow attached at the hip.

I think it stemmed from the fact that they're supposedly best friends in coaching, and he was Manny's hand-picked guy to run HIS scheme.

Baker did a long-form interview on a podcast where he talked about his coaching journey and how he's close with Manny.

I think it stemmed from the fact that they're supposedly best friends in coaching, and he was Manny's hand-picked guy to run HIS scheme.

Baker did a long-form interview on a podcast where he talked about his coaching journey and how he's close with Manny.
I didn't think they were bff I thought if he was a good friend to anyone on the staff it would be him.

Advertisement
Back