Remember when Manny was too stubborn?

Yup did it in 2016 with “3rd and Diaz” and tweaked his scheme to create a striker position to give his Defense and athleticism

Enos was a failure and cut him after one year and a big contract to pry him from Bama

and now sees the issue with CB room and defense is making the moves

he is not AL he will not go down without throwing everything he can to fix it... he’s knows opportunities like these don’t come around
if only he could learn to anticipate, he wouldn’t always be reactively fixing problems everyone has seen before he does.

Advertisement
I’m happy to see some posters in here who have been critical of Manny also giving him credit today. This is how it should be. And likewise, people who defend him regardless of what happens should be willing to criticize appropriately and not feel like they’re being disloyal. It should be about this U not a particular coach.
even though i think he’s unqualified for the hc role and doesn’t have the leadership qualities in any case so won’t succeed, i am happy about the trob hiring and want to give him credit for it.

I'm hard on Manny but I give him big props on this aspect of his leadership.
A “wet noodle” (as I referred to him before) no more. But let’s see how this team comes out in the first qtr and after bye weeks, next year.

Advertisement
Baker has been hired by or worked under manny 3 times, Texas, LT and Miami, since 2010. Manny is responsible single for about 3/4 of bakers career
He was a GA at Texas but he was hired before Manny got there. After that, it was one season at LTU. It’s not uncommon for coaches to hire guys they’re already familiar with. ****, it’s common in every single business field. But it’s nothing like Golden and D’Onofrio. They played college football together and coached with each other at every stop along the way.
Why would the rumph announcement already be made but they are waiting on baker? Makes no sense unless he’s trying to let baker off easy and save face, which is Busch league bs, or he’s staying.
Because the market for T-Rob was hot. The big rumor was that Texas was trying to hire away Corey Raymond from LSU and LSU was going to replace him with Robinson. Nobody here knows exactly what the DC situation is currently but with the DB coaching situation, they had to strike while the iron was hot or risk a bidding war against LSU for Robinson.

He hasn’t overhauled his staff yet like many want nor has he tweaked his scheme/hired a DC to help. Plenty of moves needed to prove he isn’t stubborn about his brainchild defense

Advertisement
He was a GA at Texas but he was hired before Manny got there. After that, it was one season at LTU. It’s not uncommon for coaches to hire guys they’re already familiar with. ****, it’s common in every single business field. But it’s nothing like Golden and D’Onofrio. They played college football together and coached with each other at every stop along the way.

Because the market for T-Rob was hot. The big rumor was that Texas was trying to hire away Corey Raymond from LSU and LSU was going to replace him with Robinson. Nobody here knows exactly what the DC situation is currently but with the DB coaching situation, they had to strike while the iron was hot or risk a bidding war against LSU for Robinson.
There’s going to be a hot market for any dc worth hiring too. If we want to make a good hire, we need to be looking right now to have the best chance to upgrade. Muschamp was fired nov 15 and sc’s last game was December 5th, so we waited for over a month to get rid of rumph while t rob was available.

Last edited:
He should have anticipated that his initial hiring choices were going to fail? You serious, Clark?
That’s your response?

So you think manny hasn’t failed to anticipate well?

I guess we’re left with he just sucks and can’t learn as the fallback position.

Advertisement
I mean he’s doing everything he’s gotta do. If he can’t get this thing right are we sure anybody can again?
He is? Baker and Patke are still here. if baker does eventually get replaced, tell me a coach who overhauled his entire staff in his first two years and was successful. its kind of like the poker saying, “if you can’t tell who the sucker is at the table, it’s you”. If manny can’t find who the problem is, it’s undeniably him. my biggest question is what does he do next offseason if we regress and we have no more coaches to blame?

I mean he’s doing everything he’s gotta do. If he can’t get this thing right are we sure anybody can again?
Bingo. We will never get an urban so we better hope manny going out and getting proven guys turns this around otherwise it’s done for us as a program

Advertisement
He is? Baker and Patke are still here. if baker does eventually get replaced, tell me a coach who overhauled his entire staff in his first two years and was successful. its kind of like the poker saying, “if you can’t tell who the sucker is at the table, it’s you”. If manny can’t find who the problem is, it’s undeniably him. my biggest question is what does he do next offseason if we regress and we have no more coaches to blame?
You don’t if baker is here. Obviously they won’t announce it till they have the successor. He’ll, Mike rumph isn’t even officially fired

Maybe people should consider that part of the problem is manny?

The idea that if manny can't fix it, no one can, has got to be one of the most ridiculous things ive read on this site.

Folks have now elevated manny into Jimmy Howard Saban territory? Based on what?

Advertisement
Back