Quick question

Advertisement
Enough to think about it at least, or that is how I see it.

You guys can say copium and all of that ****. But 25 and 26 is the back to back best WR classes in South Florida history. We recruited WR very well this year and fairly well last year. 25-26 are going to build on that big time. JJ a beast no doubt but I'm thrilled with what we have come up with this class.

You guys can say copium and all of that ****. But 25 and 26 is the back to back best WR classes in South Florida history. We recruited WR very well this year and fairly well last year. 25-26 are going to build on that big time. JJ a beast no doubt but I'm thrilled with what we have come up with this class.
I’m with you, and we were fcking close with JJ. Ward and a wr transfer and we will be a contendee

It’s a huge missed opportunity bc he is in our backyard and will be a star, but we were 7-5 this season and didn’t show enough for him to come. If we’d won 10 or 11 games we may have had Ellis R4 and J Smith but we didn’t.

We are not broke and we got another great class. If we win 9,10, or more games next year we’ll start keeping guys like Smith if Mario is recruiting them and our boosters keep paying big bucks

Wins matter. Mario outkicks the on field results every year, I mean hard to ask for more on this aspect from him so I ain't knocking Mario. Years of ineptness to overcome. Still stinks.

Advertisement
Bro I promise you Miami is throwing bigger bags than OSU to high school kids.

in two years since Mario has been at Miami we’re 12-12. OSU is 22-3 in that time span. Money isn’t the only thing at play. I know of recruits (not J Smith but other top 100 kids) and how much they’ve been offered and the Miami offers are always on the high end.

We are not broke. Disappointing to lose out on the top prospect this cycle who will go first round and be a stud in the nfl but it happened

I agree with the second part. It's IMO the biggest recruiting miss in the last 20 years or so, but I think the class is good enough, paired with last year's class, to improve Miami on the field in the coming years. I don't see us staying a 7 win team for long. This is shaping up to be a good to great class overall. It's not an elite class, or a championship caliber class that will take us back to the top of the mountain, but it should improve our talent and raise our floor and I do see us slowly building to become a consistent 9/10 win program with an outside shot at the playoffs in time.

As for the first part about NIL, well the reason OSU has been 22-3 is because they recruit top 5 classes. Landing Smith just means that trend will continue for them and they have the kind of roster that will lock them in to a playoff slot (12 teams) for the foreseeable future.

And as far as what we're paying, there is no evidence either way. You may have access to these NIL deals but, respectfully, I don't know you and those deals are not public knowledge, so the only facts to go by are that JS signed with OSU. So those of us who don't have access to NIL deals and who don't blindly trust internet strangers are forced to conclude that JS got a better offer from OSU to leave his friends and family in South Florida and attend there.

It’s probably too early for most to talk about but luckily not too early for our staff

Charles looks great

We offered MUCH more than them. It wasn't close. Same thing with Innis. But what would I know....
I believe that. All evidence from people in the know leads to that end point.

It would be nice to finally significantly win on the field to provide that evidence to these recruits. Until then, we will be trying to win these kids over with only the bigger bag to offer up.

We are struggling to close on a QB for a reason. I don’t see Oregon struggling to close on a QB. Ohio State gets their top WR targets most of the time. So on!

Another idiot has revealed himself

“Should be done in 4-5 days”

You can cross Miami off the “needs a QB list”

“Ward is 1a and Howard is 1b. Now hearing they are 1 and 1”

“Howard is waiting on ward. Actually, we did offer Howard and he decided on USC”

“We will definitely get 1 of the 2. Wait, actually, have you seen these stats from KJ Jefferson.. ya know.. just in case”

Advertisement
Prove this. Where is the evidence that Miami offered more than Ohio State?
Literally nobody could prove this outside Jeremiah dip****, however, it can be inferred. He said that "Miami is throwing all types of money at me". He also signed with Ohio State who Miami has owned this class. Do you think all those players (especially the D-linemen who grew up in that area and were probably OSU fans growing up) went to a 7-5 Miami team who has never been good in their entire lives over a perennial contender close to home because Miami was offering less money then OSU?

It's been widely reported that Miami will outspend ANY school for a transfer QB and by quite a bit....you think they wouldn't do similar for the top player on their board? If you really think Miami lost out due to money i dont know what to tell you.

I don't have the mental capacity to think years in advance. Who are the guys we're after 25?

I agree with the second part. It's IMO the biggest recruiting miss in the last 20 years or so, but I think the class is good enough, paired with last year's class, to improve Miami on the field in the coming years. I don't see us staying a 7 win team for long. This is shaping up to be a good to great class overall. It's not an elite class, or a championship caliber class that will take us back to the top of the mountain, but it should improve our talent and raise our floor and I do see us slowly building to become a consistent 9/10 win program with an outside shot at the playoffs in time.

As for the first part about NIL, well the reason OSU has been 22-3 is because they recruit top 5 classes. Landing Smith just means that trend will continue for them and they have the kind of roster that will lock them in to a playoff slot (12 teams) for the foreseeable future.

And as far as what we're paying, there is no evidence either way. You may have access to these NIL deals but, respectfully, I don't know you and those deals are not public knowledge, so the only facts to go by are that JS signed with OSU. So those of us who don't have access to NIL deals and who don't blindly trust internet strangers are forced to conclude that JS got a better offer from OSU to leave his friends and family in South Florida and attend there.
I get what you’re saying about the top 5 classes

It’s not necessarily the number for me it’s the clear line in between the top couple and everyone else

You’ve got UGA, Bama, and OSU and then a group of teams fighting to grab those other two spots

On one hand it’s a minor miracle that we are in that hunt, but same time to your point it’s where we have to be

Once you get outside the top few classes the numbers get jumbled where they’re all kinda the same class

Advertisement
I think the same thing was said about CBs too wasn’t it? Maybe that’s just me looking at it too harshly at the moment, maybe those quotes weren’t exactly like that. Not sure.

Things are on the way up but old enemies keep popping up
Yes similar sentiments were made at CB in regard to the portal.

Point was we did all we could do money wise I believe. We went all in. OSU was his school.

I agree with part of what you’re saying too but you’re flat out wrong about the nil stuff. It can be hard to believe until you hear about it first hand from people you know and trust IRL, but I have and I don’t doubt our NIL one bit

Advertisement
With the 7-5 season and no QB to throw him the ball NEXT YEAR, this was a near impossible sell. Mario didn't give himself ANY advantages over OSU when the door was left open a few different times (win more games. Get a transfer QB committed early. Start recruiting Bailey much earlier).

Any ONE of those three things probably tilts JJ in our favor.

How silly. Smith himself said he made the final decision 2 minutes before announcing, and the ultimate decision point was OSU having a track record of putting WRs in the NFL in the 1st rd. It wasnt about NIL, Mario, not trying hard enough, or anything other than that. Unless Mario could magically erase the past 10 years of OSU WR dominance, there wasnt much more he could do.

Could have offered a bigger bag. Everyone has a price.

Advertisement
Back