Quick question

Advertisement
There won't be another Jeremiah Smith next year. He's a generational talent and the biggest recruiting miss in Miami history. It's a miss and a failure, and to me there's nothing gained by sugar coating it with false optimism about "next year" when we've been hearing that same lie for decades.

We're signing a decent class this year. It's not terrible. It's not elite and not a championship class, but it's good enough to help improve this team vs where we are today, so that's a win on one level.

That's where I see we are, minus all the bull****. and hype.
Food Festival Ashley Moore GIF by DECAL

There won't be another Jeremiah Smith next year. He's a generational talent and the biggest recruiting miss in Miami history. It's a miss and a failure, and to me there's nothing gained by sugar coating it with false optimism about "next year" when we've been hearing that same lie for decades.

We're signing a decent class this year. It's not terrible. It's not elite and not a championship class, but it's good enough to help improve this team vs where we are today, so that's a win on one level.

Jesus Christ you are a ******* idiot. You’re spraying this weak ***** on every thread. Shut the **** up you dumb ************.

JJ was never ours to lose, he committed to Ohio in the spring. I seen Stone give all indications that it was Miami then 2 mins, he chose OU. JJ said 2 mins he decided it was Ohio. I dont believe that, he decided long ago and he in love with what they been selling and put in recent history which is why he committed in the spring. We just took 3 players they wanted and 2 they had committed. 2 from their area btw. Am i gonna jump off a bridge because we are all disappointed in losing out on a local kid? They want all their DL coaches fired because of us. Some of u dont want reasoning when you are mad. You want someone who gonna help u burn the City. I rather the 3 WRs we have than 1 JJ. I been said that long before anyone even believed he might flip. And if u dont like that, thats ok.

Advertisement
We aren’t broke. But we got a lot of work to do too. Both things can be true. This emotional stuff happening in this thread is weird but that’s what we do here

When it comes to Smiff as my boy @Dwinstitles says it’s about relationships and yet again the relationships won out. We sucked last year. Had we not been 5-7 maybe we get in good with him earlier and we don’t let OSU lock him down in the first place
Idk if we are broke were broke might become broke. The answer to that question could be we always had money, got more money or players that were eating up the money we had (Tyler, Kinchens, LT, JW , Cohen etc) are all gone.
Tbh I do not care the answer mostly because I have no way of proving it. All that matters in the end are the results. Mario does a great job recruiting but the **** that eats at me is why we recruit and leave holes. Last year it was QB, DT, WR, S. This year it is QB, CB, S, some would say OL but I won't fight for either side.

Maybe it was close maybe not. We won't actually ever know. These are the players that accelerate the time frame for being "Back".
It sucks but we know, cuz he said so himself it was close but that means nothing at end of day, it was a clear miss.. #1 player in your backyard and at position of need and we couldnt close, we need to portal in Evans and start a run of 1st round talent, Restrepo not gonna get it done as your #1 WR.

to my knowledge, Cribby never predicted Smith to Miami. He was adamant that Smith would not flip to Fspoo.

With that said, this post sure feels like it is somewhat related to Smith or at least another signing day surprise involving a major prospect.

And, so what…still a great finish…

Advertisement
Jesus Christ you are a ******* idiot. You’re spraying this weak ***** on every thread. Shut the **** up you dumb ************.

Don't start threads like this dunking on me before the ink is dry if you don't want to hear what I have to say. I posted in this thread first that I was ready to eat my crow if I was wrong... turned out I had the right read back in the summer.

I was ready to take my L if I was wrong. Unfortunately for all of us, I was not wrong.

Jesus, shut the **** up you gaping ******. The class will be something like top 7 after 2 ****** years. Miami offered more money than any other program. You have to remember the local kids have almost zero loyalty. Yes it sucks to lose this guy but Miami got 3 other really good receivers, probably 2 5 star DTs, and they killed the o-line class last year. It's been forever since any of those positions were recruited thai well.

If you want to ***** about Mario sucking as a gameday coach go for it, but once Miami actually starts winning on the field this **** won't keep happening.

It sucks but we know, cuz he said so himself it was close but that means nothing at end of day, it was a clear miss.. #1 player in your backyard and at position of need and we couldnt close, we need to portal in Evans and start a run of 1st round talent, Restrepo not gonna get it done as your #1 WR.

Imma be honest brotha, nothing said in these interviews should be used to support an argument. Most of time these kids are either looking for clout or trying to raise the bag. If you think these 15-18 year olds are speaking from the heart someone mislead you.

:ohlord: Can we all be civil at least on signing day. I do understand that certain things over and over can get on the nerves and JS is definitely not the biggest recruiting miss in Miami history.

Advertisement
Don't start threads like this dunking on me before the ink is dry if you don't want to hear what I have to say. I posted in this thread first that I was ready to eat my crow if I was wrong... turned out I had the right read back in the summer.

I was ready to take my L if I was wrong. Unfortunately for all of us, I was not wrong.

The **** are you talking about, idiot?

You’re going everywhere, saying this is the absolute worst fail in Miami recruiting history, yes, he’s a miss, we should be getting guys like this more often, but he’s been committed to Ohio State and he stuck to that commitment.

You’re just nothing but a *****ing little girl.

:ohlord: Can we all be civil at least on signing day. I do understand that certain things over and over can get on the nerves and JS is definitely not the biggest recruiting miss in Miami history.

Sorry, I can’t be civil to this idiot. He’s going on every thread and saying this is the biggest fail and miss in Miami recruiting history. The guy is the king of bad takes. I’m not going to hold back on people that are this stupid. Dumb porsts have consequences.

That's right and even more so, because Smith is better than Dalvin Cook.
Shady McCoy might be the worst, only because that kid stayed committed and we ghosted him. I shared every detail on the old sites about that whole situation and got blasted by the joy luck club. Knew every detail first hand and read all the lies on the sites over and over. That one is always personal for me. Went to a handful of his high school games and after I saw him first time I was all over the old board telling the story. He would have done nearly anything to be a Cane. Hilarious looking back on it now. Scoffed off hall of famers and I was told how much better Craig (IYKYK) Cooper was. Ha. They never learn.

Advertisement
Jesus, shut the **** up you gaping ******. The class will be something like top 7 after 2 ****** years. Miami offered more money than any other program. You have to remember the local kids have almost zero loyalty. Yes it sucks to lose this guy but Miami got 3 other really good receivers, probably 2 5 star DTs, and they killed the o-line class last year. It's been forever since any of those positions were recruited thai well.

If you want to ***** about Mario sucking as a gameday coach go for it, but once Miami actually starts winning on the field this **** won't keep happening.

Prove this. Where is the evidence that Miami offered more than Ohio State?

Naa man, most of the local kids stayed loyal. Lets give them their flowers man. If we wanna go by numbers. He is the big one of course but we turning the tide. Look at even the Blount recruitment.

dude you named yourself after this. You’re a walking talking L

GTFOH

im too sexy right said fred GIF

Advertisement
Back