Quick question

Advertisement
The **** are you talking about, idiot?

You’re going everywhere, saying this is the absolute worst fail in Miami recruiting history, yes, he’s a miss, we should be getting guys like this more often, but he’s been committed to Ohio State and he stuck to that commitment.

You’re just nothing but a *****ing little girl.

God **** son, take it down a peg. Two threads is not "everywhere," and calmly stating the truth is not "*****ing." Also I didn't start this discussion, as I said, I just responded to it. Get a hold of yourself.

Idk if we are broke were broke might become broke. The answer to that question could be we always had money, got more money or players that were eating up the money we had (Tyler, Kinchens, LT, JW , Cohen etc) are all gone.
Tbh I do not care the answer mostly because I have no way of proving it. All that matters in the end are the results. Mario does a great job recruiting but the **** that eats at me is why we recruit and leave holes. Last year it was QB, DT, WR, S. This year it is QB, CB, S, some would say OL but I won't fight for either side.
No doubt and that’s why we always gotta stack. Unlikely you can fill every need in one class unless you’re UGA or Bama but we can’t whiff on follow up classes like we’ve done so many times

And we keep letting the elite WR and CBs leave the state. That’s the thing that will continue to haunt us

Advertisement
Sorry, I can’t be civil to this idiot. He’s going on every thread and saying this is the biggest fail and miss in Miami recruiting history. The guy is the king of bad takes. I’m not going to hold back on people that are this stupid. Dumb porsts have consequences.
Donald Trump Head Nod GIF

Prove this. Where is the evidence that Miami offered more than Ohio State?
Bro I promise you Miami is throwing bigger bags than OSU to high school kids.

in two years since Mario has been at Miami we’re 12-12. OSU is 22-3 in that time span. Money isn’t the only thing at play. I know of recruits (not J Smith but other top 100 kids) and how much they’ve been offered and the Miami offers are always on the high end.

We are not broke. Disappointing to lose out on the top prospect this cycle who will go first round and be a stud in the nfl but it happened

No doubt and that’s why we always gotta stack. Unlikely you can fill every need in one class unless you’re UGA or Bama but we can’t whiff on follow up classes like we’ve done so many times

And we keep letting the elite WR and CBs leave the state. That’s the thing that will continue to haunt us
I agree with you on the CBs. I think there is just so much WR talent out there these days you can definitely thrive without landing the elite of the elite. As @Brooklyndee pointed out in another thread look at Michigan. That's the program I think Mario most wants to emulate in terms of style. Back to back playoffs without that A1 WR recruit.

JJ was never ours to lose, he committed to Ohio in the spring. I seen Stone give all indications that it was Miami then 2 mins, he chose OU. JJ said 2 mins he decided it was Ohio. I dont believe that, he decided long ago and he in love with what they been selling and put in recent history which is why he committed in the spring. We just took 3 players they wanted and 2 they had committed. 2 from their area btw. Am i gonna jump off a bridge because we are all disappointed in losing out on a local kid? They want all their DL coaches fired because of us. Some of u dont want reasoning when you are mad. You want someone who gonna help u burn the City. I rather the 3 WRs we have than 1 JJ. I been said that long before anyone even believed he might flip. And if u dont like that, thats ok.
They kept one of their 5* DL.

The #1 player in the nation is in our backyard. And he’s playing college football someplace else.

Advertisement
Bro I promise you Miami is throwing bigger bags than OSU to high school kids.

in two years since Mario has been at Miami we’re 12-12. OSU is 22-3 in that time span. Money isn’t the only thing at play. I know of recruits (not J Smith but other top 100 kids) and how much they’ve been offered and the Miami offers are always on the high end.

We are not broke. Disappointing to lose out on the top prospect this cycle who will go first round and be a stud in the nfl but it happened
Agree, this one hurts, I don't think as bad as rsf thinks, need to break this string though.

That and this new hysteria about avoiding highly rated QBs will haunt Miami. The only thing I am mad about in the entire JS saga is the notion that Miami was turning down WRs because they were set. It's that same stupidity that keeps us in mediocrity.

I agree with you on the CBs. I think there is just so much WR talent out there these days you can definitely thrive without landing the elite of the elite. As @Brooklyndee pointed out in another thread look at Michigan. That's the program I think Mario most wants to emulate in terms of style. Back to back playoffs without that A1 WR recruit.
Yeah blanket statements are never really a good thing but historically speaking we just haven’t gotten it done in two spots in Florida that you would hope would be easier for us. Since we aren’t a Michigan type program for example

Not that WR and CB are the end all be all answer, just a long standing frustrating sore spot

But at the same time this WR class even without Smtih is awesome. So it looks like it’s turning a corner and we already have Charles in the fold for next year

Advertisement
Nah, OP started this thread to dunk on people like me and I was ready to come eat my crow, that's why I posted what I did earlier. Then it turns out what I was saying all along was truth.

This is one of the biggest recruiting misses in Miami history... no way to sugar coat that. I don't really give a **** that the staff tried their hardest, or that the NIL people tried their hardest, obviously they didn't try hard enough.
How silly. Smith himself said he made the final decision 2 minutes before announcing, and the ultimate decision point was OSU having a track record of putting WRs in the NFL in the 1st rd. It wasnt about NIL, Mario, not trying hard enough, or anything other than that. Unless Mario could magically erase the past 10 years of OSU WR dominance, there wasnt much more he could do.

Advertisement
That and this new hysteria about avoiding highly rated QBs will haunt Miami. The only thing I am mad about in the entire JS saga is the notion that Miami was turning down WRs because they were set. It's that same stupidity that keeps us in mediocrity.
I think the same thing was said about CBs too wasn’t it? Maybe that’s just me looking at it too harshly at the moment, maybe those quotes weren’t exactly like that. Not sure.

Things are on the way up but old enemies keep popping up

They kept one of their 5* DL.

The #1 player in the nation is in our backyard. And he’s playing college football someplace else.
We cant stick him with a gun my guy. Its not something any of us want. Pointing out one thing doesnt negate the other things. I can look at the overall players in So FL. How many big players were we after that went elsewhere?

Agree, this one hurts, I don't think as bad as rsf thinks, need to break this string though.
It’s a huge missed opportunity bc he is in our backyard and will be a star, but we were 7-5 this season and didn’t show enough for him to come. If we’d won 10 or 11 games we may have had Ellis R4 and J Smith but we didn’t.

We are not broke and we got another great class. If we win 9,10, or more games next year we’ll start keeping guys like Smith if Mario is recruiting them and our boosters keep paying big bucks

Advertisement
Back