QB Torrance Gibson gettin Love from Canes fans...

320.jpg

Get it done.

:neonu::stormwarning:

Advertisement
Torrance Gibson ‏@quick_tg6 4m

I have some big announcements to tell the world Stay tune. ✊

this is the guy gentlemen…. stop writing him off so soon.

this is our famous jameis. 2017 national title with him at QB

Advertisement

I think most of us agree he's a program-changing type talent.

I think a lot of us also feel it's an uphill battle to get him. Our offensive system, depth chart and overall state of the program are all less favorable than our main competition for him; OSU and Auburn.

Hopefully our staff is showing him all the love he wants (no homo).

I think most of us agree he's a program-changing type talent.

I think a lot of us also feel it's an uphill battle to get him. Our offensive system, depth chart and overall state of the program are all less favorable than our main competition for him; OSU and Auburn.

Hopefully our staff is showing him all the love he wants (no homo).

Can't argue with system or state of program, put I don't think depth charts are much more favorable, if at all. Auburn signed 4* Jeremy Johnson last year, 4* Sean White this year and have a committment from 4* Tyler Queen. All 3 were listed as pro-style QBs, which makes me question if Malzahn would prefer to have a pocket passer vs. the offense they ran this year. Ohio State signed 4* JT Barret last year, 3* Stephen Collier this year along with another 3* from 2 years ago. Depth wise Ohio State is probably the best situation, but Auburn is right there with us and already has a 2015 committment. So, looking strictly at depth chart, offensive system and state of the program, Ohio State looks like the best option. However, Ohio State is probably also the least likely to develop him into an NFL QB because of their commitment to a run based spread option offense.

I don't get the argument that Gibson from a business decision would be better off at an OSU or Auburn. I think he would be better off at Miami if Coley tailors his adjustments. Here's why: even though the NFL has incorporated read options and other spread elements they still want to see if you can make all the throws, especially the difficult throws. With Gibson's arm I think he can make all the throws as he progresses and if Coley adjusts his offense, then Gibson's athletic ability will still be highlighted. Conversely, I don't think he will have the same tape on his throwing ability if he goes to an OSU. And the NFL draft is based on potential not stats. So Coach Coley needs to work this angle in his recruitment of Gibson.

However, I would agree that Gibson would put up better stats at both OSU or Auburn. But I think that would only benefit *** or Malzahn and not Gibson per se.

Last edited:
Advertisement
LULZ at the sad sack state of UM fans. We're now conceding local recruits to Ohio fcking Taint and not even thinking twice about it. Sad ****.

Advertisement

We have ours already. His name is Brad Kaaya. Just wait. Still want Gibson, though.

Lulz, Coley hasn't even proven that he can develop qbs, yet. Lets stop anointing these freshmen Heisman Trophy and national championship qbs before they've even taken a snap.

Getting Gibson opens the flood gates of local recruits, he's the offensive equivalent to Jaquan Johnson. Local stars that others will follow.

We have ours already. His name is Brad Kaaya. Just wait. Still want Gibson, though.

Lulz, Coley hasn't even proven that he can develop qbs, yet. Lets stop anointing these freshmen Heisman Trophy and national championship qbs before they've even taken a snap.

Coley was the OC and QBs coach when Ponder and Manuel were drafted first round. We all know that was in title alone, but its not about what you can prove, its about what you can sell. Coley held off USC and UCLA for a kid from the valley, I trust him to get any QB he wants at this point.

Advertisement

Coley was the OC and QBs coach when Ponder and Manuel were drafted first round. We all know that was in title alone, but its not about what you can prove, its about what you can sell. Coley held off USC and UCLA for a kid from the valley, I trust him to get any QB he wants at this point.

Yeah, Jimbo can come in and call Coley a GD liar. Craig, now at Auburn, can somewhat make that erroneous claim because he was labeled as the qb coach. Coley coached the TEs by the way.

Last edited:
Josh Newberg ‏@joshnewberg247 29m

Correction: 5-Star QB Torrance Gibson is not deciding. He says "special announcement" today. If he was committing, I'd pick #OhioState.

Advertisement
Back