2024 QB Judd Anderson, 3 star from Jones County GA offered

We are screwed. Qb board could change throughout the season with an exciting and productive offense from us. Need to hit the portal hard though. Any Freshman 5* guys as second string want to come to the Gables!? Lol

Advertisement
We are screwed. Qb board could change throughout the season with an exciting and productive offense from us. Need to hit the portal hard though. Any Freshman 5* guys as second string want to come to the Gables!? Lol
No reason why we can’t go sign a top portal arm if we have a good season offensively.
Someone is transferring from Bama. They got TY Simpson and Jalen Milroe plus 2 top 10 freshman qbs coming in. UGA has Vandergriff, Beck and Stockton. Texas has Manning, Ewers and Murphy. USC has Miller Moss who might transfer if they give the job to Malachai Nelson after this year. Plus whatever G5 qb that has a breakout year and wants to move up a level.

Completely agree that player development will be crucial with Brown. But there isn’t any QB1 who would shy away from coming here because of our QB room. We’re not struggling with QB recruiting because our depth chart is scaring talent away. If anything, our weak depth chart for 2024 and beyond should be enticing to any premier HS or portal QB.

Big time programs continue landing premier QB’s even after signing high 4* and 5* QB’s the year prior. They’re sure as **** not going to avoid coming here in fear of Jacurri Brown or Emory Williams.

Even if Jacurri maximizes his potential and balls out in 2024, which would be great to see, he’d be eligible to declare for the draft at that point. But we’re getting way too far ahead of ourselves if we’re discussing that hypothetical scenario as a justification for why QB1’s won’t come here.
Preach! 01, I didn't even think of the points you made and qb1 come on down.after Noland I don't even see a qb1 left on the board who is not committed guess we might try flip or portal or juco!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Don't Yu agree that's waiting a little too long for our qb1! Even, if we have no choice but to wait?
I'd rather sign an elite QB in fall that another project over the summer. Brown came in 2-3 years away, Emory came in 2-3 years away. If the plan is to keep doing that we are ****ed. I have 0 faith we can sign a high profile portal player yet alone QB.

Would be fine with Anderson as the QB2, but we are not in a spot where we can afford to settle for two mid QB2 types in this class after how we recruited the position last year.

If/when we lose the battle for Air Noland, a combination of Anderson and Hairston would be nowhere near good enough. We need a stud QB1 badly.
I see where you're coming from. But here's the thing. QBs already have a high bust rate, then couple that the uphill battle due to Mario's past...our best bet is take guys we can develop and then take a portal QB1 after TVD leaves and we have proof of concept offensively.

I'd rather sign an elite QB in fall that another project over the summer. Brown came in 2-3 years away, Emory came in 2-3 years away. If the plan is to keep doing that we are ****ed. I have 0 faith we can sign a high profile portal player yet alone QB.
I agree! even in Oregon he had to take the dude from Auburn and the guy from Boston college as transfers and then Emory williams.yeah his QB recruiting is suspect right now

Advertisement
Texas backup qb out of Cali would be a nice start. But I'm of the thinking we need someone proven. Similar to how D'Eriq King was proven already...that way he hits the ground running and we can develop our 2022/2023 QBs and then, if ready, let whoever is here battle it out in 2025. TVD 2023 qb and Portal QB1 in 2024 (unless Jacurri etc proves they are ready)

Advertisement
He was at practice today with his family. Great size.
PAUSE
giphy.gif

BRINGING THE FAM BODES WELL

No reason why we can’t go sign a top portal arm if we have a good season offensively.
Someone is transferring from Bama. They got TY Simpson and Jalen Milroe plus 2 top 10 freshman qbs coming in. UGA has Vandergriff, Beck and Stockton. Texas has Manning, Ewers and Murphy. USC has Miller Moss who might transfer if they give the job to Malachai Nelson after this year. Plus whatever G5 qb that has a breakout year and wants to move up a level.

I was telling a friend Monday after the Noland news started to look bleak that in a perfect world our 2024 starter at QB isn't on the roster right now. If we show up on offense in 2023, I expect UM to be very active in the December/January portal period for a starter-quality QB.

There's do much time left although top arms normally commit early to just give up on finding a #1 QB IMO. Take a #2 in Anderson and keep crootin

Advertisement
Back