2024 QB Judd Anderson, 3 star from Jones County GA offered

My buddy (opposing DB coach) tells me that this kid has all the tools to be special. But his decision making, is not the best. He says that if this kid cleans his mistakes up, he is The kind of kid that RS, takes a couple or 3yrs to develop and end up starting as a senior and end up collecting a few checks in the NFL.

And that’s one of the principal parts that i focus on in evaluating and tutoring QB’s. It’s also one of the factors that can be most deceptive in a high school player, since the system and coaching and competition at the HS level can mask decision making, (either positively or negatively).

I haven’t looked at enough tape of this kid yet to make a determination, but my initial read is that size and athleticism are certainly not holding him back.

Interesting prospect. Deserves a closer look.

Advertisement
Mertz was at the bottom of that list, but let's take someone from the middle of the list. Let's say we go out and grab a Spencer Sanders type QB, with our OL and running game we can easily win 8-9 games with someone like that once Mario gets his guys.

I get what you’re saying, but your last sentence is where we differ. If “once Mario gets his guys” (Year 3? Year 4?) we have a QB who can easily win 8-9 games, is that really the goal here? Is that the expectation at that point in his tenure?

Anthony Brown likely would’ve belonged on your list a few years back as a transfer QB with decent numbers. I’d personally hate to see most of the roster get fixed only for the team to be held back by QB play of that caliber.

We need a legit QB1 with program-changing upside. Some may disagree and that’s fine, but I stand by that.

I get what you’re saying, but your last sentence is where we differ. If “once Mario gets his guys” (Year 3? Year 4?) we have a QB who can easily win 8-9 games, is that really the goal here? Is that the expectation at that point in his tenure?

Anthony Brown likely would’ve belonged on your list a few years back as a transfer QB with decent numbers. I’d personally hate to see most of the roster get fixed only for the team to be held back by QB play of that caliber.

We need a legit QB1 with program-changing upside. Some may disagree and that’s fine, but I stand by that.
My goal for Mario is to get us to a place where we can consistently win 9-10 games a year, if he can do that I'll be happy.

Bro, where are you from? I know all the Chastain boys, Mike, Pat, Bryant (RIP) and their mom and dad (he passed too). Mike used to be the HC at Warner Robins High School and now he's at JC.
Me and Pat tight. Pat was a helluva defensive nose guard in high school. Tough as nails. I played a few years before Pat but we both played at Northside and both played for Conrad Nix (father of Patrick and grandfather of Bo).
Conrad is a great man and a legendary high school football coach. We had many meetings against Coach Bob Davis when he was coach at Warner Robins High School and we usually came out on the wrong end of the stick, but not by much.
When Warner Robins and Northside played, there were over 20k people just for that HS game. Good memories.
From Macon. Played at SW/SE. Coached in WR among my other stops. I met Mike at Hoco.

Last edited:
Advertisement

QB recruiting is such a crapshoot. Or maybe we should say the websites can't evaluate for ****. The Athletic re-ranked the class of 2020 QB's based on how they turned out so far, in their opinion:

Revised top 10 (with original HS ranking):

1. Bryce Young, Alabama

Original ranking: No. 1 QB (No. 2 overall)

2. C.J. Stroud, Ohio State

Original ranking: No. 3 QB (No. 42 overall)

3. Michael Pratt, Tulane

Original ranking: No. 82 QB (No. 1,365 overall)

4. Will Rogers, Mississippi State

Original ranking: No. 22 QB (No. 605 overall)

5. Anthony Richardson, Florida

Original rank: No. 15 QB (No. 204 overall)

6. Jayden de Laura, Arizona (via Washington State)

Original rank: No. 34 QB (No. 462 overall)

7. Tyler Van Dyke, Miami

Original rank: No. 7 QB (No. 222 overall)

8. Blake Shapen, Baylor

Original rank: No. 52 QB (No. 747 overall)

9. Will Howard, Kansas State

Original rank: No. 59 QB (No. 888 overall)

10. DJ Uiagalelei, Oregon State (via Clemson)

Original rank: No. 2 QB (No. 10 overall)

So according to them the best QB signees, in order, were ranked #1, #3, #82, #22, #15, #34, #7, #52, #59, #2.

More guys outside the top 20 panned out as top 10 talents than guys within the original top 10. The average would be a guy who was ranked as the #28 QB in America.

These are additional Class of 2020 quarterbacks who are potentially entering a good situation/ may be in line for significant playing time this year:

Carson Beck, Georgia (No. 19, No. 250 overall)

Chandler Morris, TCU via Oklahoma (No. 32, No. 448 overall)
Hudson Card, Purdue via Texas (No. 4, No. 59 overall)

Last edited:
QB recruiting is such a crapshoot. Or maybe we should say the websites can't evaluate for ****. The Athletic re-ranked the class of 2020 QB's based on how they turned out so far, in their opinion:

1. Bryce Young, Alabama

3. Michael Pratt, Tulane

7. Tyler Van Dyke, Miami

8. Blake Shapen, Baylor

So according to them the best QB signees, in order, were ranked #1, #3, #82, #22, #15, #34, #7, #52, #59, #2.

More guys outside the top 20 panned out as top 10 talents than guys within the original top 10. The average would be a guy who was ranked as the #28 QB in America.

These are additional Class of 2020 quarterbacks who are potentially entering a good situation/ may be in line for significant playing time this year:

fwiw AR isnt good. hes just built like a beast

Advertisement
Lmao.

I ask again, who is the last legit 4* QB Miami has landed? I was told Brown. Anyone else?
Quite a few were legit until they hit campus lol We've been screwed by bad evals, off field the **** and god knows whatever else with QBs since Dorsey.

Has Miami ever had a kid named Judd? Based on the name alone, he should end up at OK State. Haha.

1. Bryce Young, Alabama

3. Michael Pratt, Tulane

7. Tyler Van Dyke, Miami

8. Blake Shapen, Baylor

Not one of those QB"s won a National Championship. In Miami's championship history, only Kosar was considered elite coming out of High School.
The point is , the players around the QB are more importamt than the QB. An elite QB can make it easier but isn't a do or die need.

Not one of those QB"s won a National Championship. In Miami's championship history, only Kosar was considered elite coming out of High School.
The point is , the players around the QB are more importamt than the QB. An elite QB can make it easier but isn't a do or die need.

Vinny, Walsh and Craig were very highly rated.

Advertisement
This is a great point. Ohio state’s worst QB is the last one to win a national championship.
They’ve had so many elite QBs roll through there that at least 3 of them have transferred out.

But it’s still very difficult to argue against the fact that a very good QB can make up for a lot of shortcomings. And the way our roster is right now regardless of what we do in the portal we still would prefer to have a very good quarterback.

If everybody on here is hoping to get a team similar to what uga had the past two years it’s not gonna happen for at least another 2 to 3 seasons of top 5 recruiting classes.

Advertisement
Man here thinking we are in 2010. Kids can transfer at will. Even if we bring in a top ranked QB, if Jacurri balls out, they can then transfer. Lol. LSU won the SEC west with Bama with a first year HC and a transfer QB. We can criticize but at some point perspective will have to be injected. Ewers took a mill and dipped after 1 year at Ohio even their QB was likely gone and is now gone. Yall have to wake up and realize its a new era. Its not excuses its simply reality.

This is true and lower ranked guys develop all the time and out perform guys rated higher. Just looking at the QBs who have won the CFP and their composite ranking, it shows.

2014 Taint Barrett (.9380) Jones (.8715)
2015 Bama Jacob Coker (.8618)
2016 Clemson Watson (.9794)
2017 Bama Hurts (.9231) plus Tua (.9843)
2018 Clemson Sunshine (.9999)
2019 LSU Joe Burrow (.9003)
2020 Bama Mac Jones (.8815)
2021 UGA Bennett (.8337)
2022 UGA Bennett (.8337)

2 composite 5 stars won the CFP and one of them didn't even start but Bama doesn't win without Tua coming finish that game off. Clemson really the only team showing out here but they missed on DJ to follow who had (.9949) ranking.

Man here thinking we are in 2010. Kids can transfer at will. Even if we bring in a top ranked QB, if Jacurri balls out, they can then transfer. Lol. LSU won the SEC west with Bama with a first year HC and a transfer QB. We can criticize but at some point perspective will have to be injected. Ewers took a mill and dipped after 1 year at Ohio even their QB was likely gone and is now gone. Yall have to wake up and realize its a new era. Its not excuses its simply reality.
Short sighted.

Advertisement
Back