2024 QB Judd Anderson, 3 star from Jones County GA offered

Advertisement
I find this part interesting

He (Dawson) offered me this morning!" Anderson told All Hurricanes. "I did not know him prior to the Miami job, we’ve talked for about two weeks now and we’ve just gotten close.
Last night on the Sebastian Lane show AJ Hariston said he hadn't talked with Dawson as of yet. IDK if Dawson is prioritizing kids that need to be offered or if this is indicative of his overall priorities given his system or some other reason, but interesting nonetheless.

Advertisement

Another name that has emerged as a top option for Miami is Gray (Ga.) Jones County’s Judd Anderson. The 6-foot-6, 210-pounder has a big frame and a very promising athletic profile as someone who averaged 19.1 points per game and 16.2 rebounds per game on the hardwood as a sophomore in the Peach State. As a junior, Anderson averaged 9.2 points and 7 boards in 13 games at a program that played in the 5A state semi-final. The Hurricanes offered at the beginning of the month.

Anderson told InsideTheU that he will be at Miami on April 6 while on spring break from school. On the gridiron, he completed 56.5 percent of his passes for 1,776 yards with 15 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. Anderson also scored twice on the ground.

“We have an amazing relationship,” Anderson said of Dawson in a message. “It’s been awesome to get to know that whole staff.”

From the March 3 edition of the Bank:

- They are still evaluating hard at QB. They absolutely love recent offer Judd Anderson (Gray, GA). He is a legit 6’6 with a basketball background. Still developing as a passer, but if he takes a leap as a senior he will be flooded with offers.

"Still has a senior season to play. Came from a Wing T offense his sophomore year." from 247.

Not bad. He's from my neck of the woods, in the middle GA area. He's played against the best competition in that area, and some good teams in other areas during the playoffs. I saw the Ware County football field in that highlight reel. I wouldn't be mad at all if he's a 2nd take at the QB position. Good size and arm strength. Comes from a Air Raid system, so he would fit in quite nicely.

Advertisement
"Still has a senior season to play. Came from a Wing T offense his sophomore year." from 247.
I wonder where did he transfer in from? I know the Head Coach in Jones, and he's an air raid guy, always been an air raid guy. He coached Jake Fromm in high school (OC).....and he's been at jones for at least 3-4 years now, I think.

Super impressive for a quarterback, if the numbers are legit, to have that level of tenacity and “want-to,” with only 32 minutes in HS BBall…dip in his bball play Jr. year seems to be because he got on a much better team with tougher competition.

Curious to what his soph football stats are

Last edited:
I wonder where did he transfer in from? I know the Head Coach in Jones, and he's an air raid guy, always been an air raid guy. He coached Jake Fromm in high school (OC).....and he's been at jones for at least 3-4 years now, I think.
Ridgeland, according to his 247 profile.

Advertisement
Advertisement

“I talk to Coach Dawson and that staff almost daily,” Anderson told InsideTheU. “They check in, call, talk to me for long periods of time, so I learn a lot about them and they get to learn a lot about me. It’s really special and what they got down there is super special.”

“I know they want to switch it up. That’s what I’m super excited about is them switching it up. ‘Hey, we’re going to throw the ball more than we have in past years like in Cristobal’s offenses.’ It’s super excited for a kid like me that’s big, athletic, big, long kid. You get to sling the rock around a little bit and that’s always fun. Coach Dawson is also an amazing guy and I really, really enjoy talking with him and having some deep conversations. The kind of quarterback he puts out, it’s crazy from what he was telling me,” Anderson said.

“I love Coach Cristobal,” Anderson said. “Just kind of what he says and the way he talks is super encouraging. He’s a great guy. That whole staff is awesome and they love to just be super high on guys and being encouraging. That’s what I really love about them.”

“I would like to be committed, if it happens before and I just fall in love with a place so much and I just want to go ahead and lock it in, then yeah. If it works out, I would like to be committed before summer so I can just enjoy my last summer as a normal high school kid. That’s how I want it. I’m just trying to find a school to commit to and not being up in the air about it. I just want to be done with it by my spring game, which is May 5. Just get ready for summer ball and next season.”

“[Dawson] said there’s a lot of good to come out of [playing basketball] because athleticism for a guy my size is huge. Being able to play basketball and block shots and move my hips around and my feet like that and just being able to run the floor well and play on the perimeter a little bit, play inside as well. Just being a guy that can move really well is super huge to him and being able to be an athletic dude who’s a multi-sport athlete is huge to him as well. It just shows a lot of my capabilities as a football player as well and that’s what he’s really said about me and said he likes about me.”

I just want to be done with it by my spring game, which is May 5. Just get ready for summer ball and next season.”

Visiting April 6, Committing by May 5. Sounds like we'll be one of his last visits given spring practices.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back