2024 QB Judd Anderson, 3 star from Jones County GA offered

Advertisement
Comments from @DMoney In this week's bank. This confirms my reading of the tea leaves. Anderson appears to be priority #1 for QB2.

- If Miami lands Noland, they'd still likely take another QB. I'd watch a veteran transfer there, or 6'6 basketball convert Judd Anderson (Macon, GA). Still a lot of time left in the Anderson recruitment, as he has yet to visit and had numerous suitors emerging, but I'd put him as more likely than Luke Moga (Phoenix, AZ).

Advertisement
On Thursday, Miami is set to host Gray (Ga.) Jones County three-star quarterback Judd Anderson. The 6-foot-6, 210-pounder, who will have an opportunity to earn an Elite 11 invite in May, is somebody Dawson has been actively recruiting since making the move over from Houston.

“I talk to Coach Dawson and that staff almost daily,” Anderson told InsideTheU last month. “They check in, call, talk to me for long periods of time, so I learn a lot about them and they get to learn a lot about me. It’s really special and what they got down there is super special.”

As a junior, Anderson tossed for 1176 yards and 15 touchdowns while also rushing for a pair of scores. As a sophomore on the hardwood, Anderson averaged a double-double (19.1 points per game and 16.2 rebounds per game).

North Carolina hosted in late March and Georgia Tech is a school who Anderson will see for a second time on April 14.

The Hurricanes could try to take two quarterbacks this cycle and Noland, along with Phoenix (Ari.) Sunnyslope’s Luke Moga, Cheshire (Conn.) Academy four-star Dante Reno (South Carolina commit), The Woodlands (Texas) three-star Mabrey Mettauer (Wisconsin commit), Baltimore (MD) St. Frances Academy four-star Michael Van Buren, Pompano Beach (Fla.) Monarch’s AJ Hairston, San Mateo (Cali.) Juniperro Serra three-star Maealiuaki Smith, and others.

Advertisement
Would be fine with Anderson as the QB2, but we are not in a spot where we can afford to settle for two mid QB2 types in this class after how we recruited the position last year.

If/when we lose the battle for Air Noland, a combination of Anderson and Hairston would be nowhere near good enough. We need a stud QB1 badly.

Would be fine with Anderson as the QB2, but we are not in a spot where we can afford to settle for two mid QB2 types in this class after how we recruited the position last year.

If/when we lose the battle for Air Noland, a combination of Anderson and Hairston would be nowhere near good enough. We need a stud QB1 badly.
Alex donno, from locked on canes! Says aj hairston should be our number 1. And judd Anderson has only 1 power 5 offer, Us.

Advertisement
Alex donno, from locked on canes! Says aj hairston should be our number 1. And judd Anderson has only 1 power 5 offer, Us.

Hairston's the one with only 1 offer. Anderson isn't drawing interest from top programs yet either, but his 247 page indicates he has offers from Ole Miss, Pitt, and Georgia Tech. I have no idea how hard any of them are pushing for him, though.

Aside from Noland, there's been a lot of discussion about QB2 types when we desperately need a legit QB1. Hopefully, we expand the QB board hoping the combination of our new offense and NIL helps persuade a blue-chip QB prospect we're not currently linked with yet.

Hairston's the one with only 1 offer. Anderson isn't drawing interest from top programs yet either, but his 247 page indicates he has offers from Ole Miss, Pitt, and Georgia Tech. I have no idea how hard any of them are pushing for him, though.

Aside from Noland, there's been a lot of discussion about QB2 types when we desperately need a legit QB1. Hopefully, we expand the QB board hoping the combination of our new offense and NIL helps persuade a blue-chip QB prospect we're not currently linked with yet.
Didn't know that bout Anderson! Thought, Dawson offered him and said Anderson is gonna blow up and Dawson wanted us to be his first offer before he blows up. Gt, pitt and a few others have offered since we did?

Didn't know that bout Anderson! Thought, Dawson offered him and said Anderson is gonna blow up and Dawson wanted us to be his first offer before he blows up. Gt, pitt and a few others have offered since we did?
Anderson had Ole Miss and Pitt offers and a few G5 offers prior to ours. Landed Miami and then some more G5s.

Hairston landed our offer and visited FSU for the 2nd or 3rd time but no offer & visited UCF but no offer yet.

Advertisement
Anderson had Ole Miss and Pitt offers and a few G5 offers prior to ours. Landed Miami and then some more G5s.

Hairston landed our offer and visited FSU for the 2nd or 3rd time but no offer & visited UCF but no offer yet.
Thanks one9, it's not like our qb room is bama with Simpson, logernan ,Holstein and the one african american QB who started when young went down. How can any QB think they can't beat out jacurri and freshman Emory Williams?

I’d take Anderson in this class regardless of who is on the board. I’d gamble on his physical skill all day. I do have a concern with him making reads quickly thru the play.

For me, I focus on:
+Accuracy
+Decision Making/Processing
+Arm strength
+Stature/Frame

I’d like to see Anderson in a camp setting to build a baseline assessment on the first two.

Hypothetically we're not! but, with that being said player development is needed here with jacurri. if Dawson can work his magic with jacurri, Then we could take a couple flyers on qb2.because what QB 1 is coming if we develop jacurri? Jacurri is a redshirt freshman!!

Hypothetically we're not! but, with that being said player development is needed here with jacurri. if Dawson can work his magic with jacurri, Then we could take a couple flyers on qb2.because what QB 1 is coming if we develop jacurri? Jacurri is a redshirt freshman!!

Completely agree that player development will be crucial with Brown. But there isn’t any QB1 who would shy away from coming here because of our QB room. We’re not struggling with QB recruiting because our depth chart is scaring talent away. If anything, our weak depth chart for 2024 and beyond should be enticing to any premier HS or portal QB.

Big time programs continue landing premier QB’s even after signing high 4* and 5* QB’s the year prior. They’re sure as **** not going to avoid coming here in fear of Jacurri Brown or Emory Williams.

Even if Jacurri maximizes his potential and balls out in 2024, which would be great to see, he’d be eligible to declare for the draft at that point. But we’re getting way too far ahead of ourselves if we’re discussing that hypothetical scenario as a justification for why QB1’s won’t come here.

Advertisement
Back