2024 QB Judd Anderson, 3 star from Jones County GA offered

Advertisement
Kid can sling it. I'm no QB guru, but kid needs to use his lower half more on throws from the pocket...Kinda relies on his arm too much. Can really see the whip and ball exploding out of his hand when he's on the run. Actually kinda like him and would be happy with a commit

Seems like the trend in football is big athletic strong armed QBs. If this is the only prospect we bring at QB I’d be in a panic. But if he’s the flier type option I’m ok with it. Worst case scenario he never plays because the dudes in front of him keep him off the field and he portals. Best case he Josh Allen’s and gets better every year.

You guys have to understand being a high school QB, its hard to be beyond a one read QB. That's a lot of knowledge, some passing schemes are half field reads, others are full field reads.

RPO with Rhett Lashlee was almost exclusively one read hitters, and TVD hasn't shown he way beyond 1 or 2 reads and you're giving him the gears on this and guy is a JR in high school, chill a little haha
Its just an offer and a potential commit, and likely a "Let's see how you do in your sr year and if you play like junk, we go elsewhere", no biggie there.

Advertisement
He played in a wing T system up until this past season. That could explain his accuracy issues, and him being a 1st read QB. Idk. He’s got a lot to learn, and he’s behind the curve, right now. I know his head coach, personally and he’s a **** good high school offensive coach. Let’s see if he (Mike C.) can help this kid iron some of dem wrinkles out of his game. That completion percentage scares the **** out of me. Usually a kid that ain’t accurate in HS, ain’t accurate in College either. But I guess I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt, being this was his 1st season in a modern offense.
Bro, where are you from? I know all the Chastain boys, Mike, Pat, Bryant (RIP) and their mom and dad (he passed too). Mike used to be the HC at Warner Robins High School and now he's at JC.
Me and Pat tight. Pat was a helluva defensive nose guard in high school. Tough as nails. I played a few years before Pat but we both played at Northside and both played for Conrad Nix (father of Patrick and grandfather of Bo).
Conrad is a great man and a legendary high school football coach. We had many meetings against Coach Bob Davis when he was coach at Warner Robins High School and we usually came out on the wrong end of the stick, but not by much.
When Warner Robins and Northside played, there were over 20k people just for that HS game. Good memories.

If he’s the QB2 in this class, then fine. Whatever.

If he’s the best we can do at QB and we settle for an Anderson/Hairston duo in this class…

CB4599E6-700D-4C47-A661-DAAB6417A429.gif

Advertisement
It’s not good when we got to keep trying to justify a take
No need to be fake
Extremely low chance he makes any impact here
Most likely a motchoda type
If he was going to fsu or gators
We would be laughing and posting in tears

If he’s the QB2 in this class, then fine. Whatever.

If he’s the best we can do at QB and we settle for an Anderson/Hairston duo in this class…

View attachment 234869
We wouldn't be ****ed lol... Do you have any idea how many quality starting QBs hit the portal every year? Let's check

Sam Hartman 38TDs 12INTs
Devin Leary 35TDs 5ints
Brennan Armstrong bad 2022 but 39 Total TDs 4500+ total yards in 2021
Tanner Mordecai 33TDs 10Ints
Collin Schlee 17TTDs 5INTs
DJ Uiagelali 29 Total TDs 7INTs
Spencer Sanders 25 total TDs 9ints
Graham Mertz 21 total TDs 10ints
Kedon Slovis 68 TDs in his career and a 4 year starter
Drew Payne 22tds 6ints

If we strike out in recruiting we can easily bring in a quality starting QB via the portal, so no worries.

Emory imo is a low 1/ great 2 QB.

This dude is a mid 2, kinda guy you can gamble on as a OC’s pet project. Not a guy I’d want to rely on for any snaps ever

Advertisement
We wouldn't be ****ed lol... Do you have any idea how many quality starting QBs hit the portal every year? Let's check

Sam Hartman 38TDs 12INTs
Devin Leary 35TDs 5ints
Brennan Armstrong bad 2022 but 39 Total TDs 4500+ total yards in 2021
Tanner Mordecai 33TDs 10Ints
Collin Schlee 17TTDs 5INTs
DJ Uiagelali 29 Total TDs 7INTs
Spencer Sanders 25 total TDs 9ints
Graham Mertz 21 total TDs 10ints
Kedon Slovis 68 TDs in his career and a 4 year starter
Drew Payne 22tds 6ints

If we strike out in recruiting we can easily bring in a quality starting QB via the portal, so no worries.

If the portal argument is that we could still throw a huge NIL offer to land a Caleb Williams, Joe Burrow, Jalen Hurts level transfer QB, then I’m right there with ya. Fully on board.

But a list with a couple nice options and a whole lot of “meh” that includes a bum like Graham Mertz who has everyone in the Gator Tears thread mocking UF for relying on him as a starter is not a viable solution if we’re trying to accomplish anything meaningful as a program.

Advertisement
If the portal argument is that we could still throw a huge NIL offer to land a Caleb Williams, Joe Burrow, Jalen Hurts level transfer QB, then I’m right there with ya. Fully on board.

But a list with a couple nice options and a whole lot of “meh” that includes a bum like Graham Mertz who has everyone in the Gator Tears thread mocking UF for relying on him as a starter is not a viable solution if we’re trying to accomplish anything meaningful as a program.
Mertz was at the bottom of that list, but let's take someone from the middle of the list. Let's say we go out and grab a Spencer Sanders type QB, with our OL and running game we can easily win 8-9 games with someone like that once Mario gets his guys.

I notice this narrative only is spewed when you miss on your targets because this tweet wouldn’t have been made if Air Noland was committed to Miami

And the argument wouldn’t be made if you had a can’t miss, ESPN hyped, highly recruited gunslinging superstar like Jake Garcia …..

Oh, wait. Never mind

I notice this narrative only is spewed when you miss on your targets because this tweet wouldn’t have been made if Air Noland was committed to Miami
IMO, quarterback is the single biggest gamble. Other than bragging rights for getting a highly rated QB over a rival, any discussion of future ability at the college level is shaky.

Advertisement
Back