QB decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Complain that they might potentially wait too long. Complain that they are being decisive and going with the other option

Ya'll ain't slick :pgdead:
If ward is serious about 2 weeks then yeah it is the best move if Howard wants in… start the process of tailoring the offense to his strengths and get the team on board…

Honestly with JB starting the bowl it might be a great thing to start implementing some of those plays

A lot of copium going around. Ward is a far better QB than Howard, it's not really even close. If we sign Howard, it's a miss.
Only if ward goes to fsu. Really don't want him up there. But I've always thought just 1 of ward or Howard would do the job...

The opposite. I don't go to strip clubs, never have been a fan even when I was single. Paying for ***** is just lazy and worse quality than what you can get for free with minimal effort in 2023. Never appealed to me.
@trafficante….

Tell Lebron James GIF

Advertisement
Go watch film on both and then see if you feel the same way. It's not really close.
I did watch the film on both, and not just the highlights like 95% of the board - all Offensive plays. Howard will be a solid QB for us and brings a different skill set to the table.

I've already said I wanted Ward so I don't get what you're arguing. I'm just saying that our W/L column will be just fine with Howard

I can be honest and say I just know what media, twitter and this board says about both players Ward and Howard. But looking at the stats, I think Howard is a great fit for this offense:

Ward in his 7 losses (2 teams ranked):
10 TD's
7 Int

Ward in his 5 wins (2 ranked teams):
15 TD
0 INT

Total Rushing: 120 carries for 144yds and 8 TD

Howard in his 4 losses (1 ranked team):
9 TD
6 Int

Howard in his 8 wins (1 ranked team):
15 TD
4 Int

Total Rushing: 81 carries for 351 yds and 9 TD

Not 100% sure what ANY of this means only that either one is a MAJOR upgrade over TVD and I think we can't lose with either one at the helm. I am just excited to see who it is and hoping it is sooner rather than later.

I’m fully on board with not waiting around and winding up stuck with like the 5th option. But when it seems like the qb is a wrap in the middle of the best option’s visit, I think it’s fair to be a little let down if it doesn’t turn out to be the case. Even more so if he does wind up at FSU.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You guys do realize it's different people with different perspectives right? Some people wanted to not wait, other people wanted to wait. I wanted to wait because Ward is the better QB and I'm not interested in winning 9 games, I want to compete for the whole thing. Other people have other points of view.
Howard is the more ready and polished Qb. Film doesn’t lie. I mean yes with Ward it would make headlines but Fock that diva drama I’ll get back to you coaches I need to think about it BS! Fock that Howard is the right choice. Now we got a Qb if it’s him

Advertisement
A lot of copium going around. Ward is a far better QB than Howard, it's not really even close. If we sign Howard, it's a miss.

I'm sure some feel that way. IMO if you say these are my top two and the first to say yes gets it and it's one of those two who you end up with...I would not exactly call it a miss. I get Ward is the better QB so I understand why some would risk it waiting for him. Just dont think you have that luxury. JMO

I did watch the film on both, and not just the highlights like 95% of the board - all Offensive plays. Howard will be a solid QB for us and brings a different skill set to the table.

I've already said I wanted Ward so I don't get what you're arguing. I'm just saying that our W/L column will be just fine with Howard

Howard is a safe choice but he's limited as far as his accuracy and he can't make all the throws on the field. He also throws quite a few picks. I think we win 9 games with Howard which maybe is enough, but Ward would have gotten us in the playoff I think and probably cut a year or two off the rebuild time for this program.

The difference between Howard and Ward probably sets us back 2 years, I would guess. It's not a small difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back