QB decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Every man a wildcat. Kansas State rallying cry. Sounds like Howard is our guy

Would explain why Ward suddenly locked in a visit with FSU after their writers having no clue if or when one would take place.

Advertisement
This is wrong. One of their favorite things about Ward is his familiarity and fit with the Air Raid scheme.

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Advertisement
If the reported 2.5m was true then that's a pretty **** big swing. Caleb reportedly got 2.7m from USCw, and Cam's not in the same conversation as Caleb (at least right now). If he was offered 2.5 and walked then there's really nothing to say.

If he was actually offered 2.5 (I’m a little skeptical of that figure but for discussion we’ll assume it’s fact), AND he walks, it likely means someone else came close to that number.

I look at it like this.... Howard gets us 9 wins. Not getting Howard, missing on everyone, and rolling with Jacurri gets us 7. What's the big difference?

Ward gets us in the playoff hunt. I'd rather have a 50/50 shot of making the playoffs or winning 7, vs 100% chance of winning 9.

Yeah, but you are just arbitrarily coming up with the 9 win number and passing it along as fact. I can just as easily say we will win 10 games with Howard.
You have no clue what the record will be with either. It's all potential and luck. YES Ward is the QB with the best potential. That's why they took the shot they did with him....but if he didn't commit and won't commit for two weeks, what is it that you want them to do?
Wait and potentially end up with nothing?

This is wrong. One of their favorite things about Ward is his familiarity and fit with the Air Raid scheme.

TVD was familiar with the Air Raid. Excelled in Air Raid passing concepts in 2020. How did that workout?

The next time Mario runs an actual Air Raid, will be the first.

The next time he has a passing game that ranks high in efficiency and explosiveness, will be the first.

His offenses are based on down to down success rate, largely from the running game.

Saying “this is wrong” doesn’t change his entire coaching history.

Advertisement
I've been saying Howard before the portal opened. Cracks me up how all these experts say our ceiling with Howard is 9 wins and Ward gets us in the playoffs. Howard is a leader, shows fire on the field and will excel with our OL, RBs and WRs. Ward may have more upside, but he didn't elevate WSU. As for turnovers, Ward had more turnovers than Howard, period!

I mean we heard all last off season how great of a fit TVD was in Dawsons offense and I wouldn’t call what we ran the majority of the year air raid.

For me, looking at 2022 Houston offense and what Howard ran this year he’s the better fit, wards the better player.

If the reported 2.5m was true then that's a pretty **** big swing. Caleb reportedly got 2.7m from USCw, and Cam's not in the same conversation as Caleb (at least right now). If he was offered 2.5 and walked then there's really nothing to say.

The bolded part is the thing. We don't know if that was true. Miami has a history of promising or leaking out that big things are happening and then they never follow through. Spending on the athletic facility, for one. Leading the charge out of the ACC.

I don't believe all the positive hype pro Miami vibe stuff that gets leaked out, like how some donor was sick of losing and decided to drop $2.5 mil, not until we get some results that corroborate it. I need receipts, like Cam Ward's signature on a dotted line. Otherwise I call bull****.

Exactly. The route concepts we run are much more in line with what Ward is accustomed to. It’s one of the reasons I favor Ward, as much as I like Howard.

I could see it looking a little ‘clunky’ with Howard initially. Ward should be able to hit the ground running.

Nobody is saying we don’t have Air Raid concepts.

That’s irrelevant to what Mario runs and wants to do on offense.

You can be bro-style and still have an Air Raid route try with the 3 WRs you bunch next to the line and the piano at TE.

Advertisement
I think my favorite posts to read are the ones along the lines of:

“With Ward we are a playoff team and title contender. With Howard we win 8 games.”

Such definitive takes from a bunch of slapdicks(myself included).
USC went 7-5 with a super hero playing QB who’s probably going no 1 overall we are def going to the playoffs with Ward lmao.

Ward isn’t a fit for Mario’s offenses. You can hate that, and I do. But Mario isn’t changing the offense for him.
Mario has never had an offense that ranked high in passing explosive rate. If his offenses don’t suck, it’s because they rank high in down to down success rate thanks to running game.

Howard is who gets you that.

Mario wants his offenses to be closer to 2017 Clemson with Bryant at QB than the Watson or Lawrence versions.

You do realize that they made great offer to Ward. You sound like they didn't recruit him at all

I mean we heard all last off season how great of a fit TVD was in Dawsons offense and I wouldn’t call what we ran the majority of the year air raid.

For me, looking at 2022 Houston offense and what Howard ran this year he’s the better fit, wards the better player.

Exactly.

Mario is going to run what he runs.
It has not changed his entire career. The analytics show that.

And he’s not changing that style for Ward. Even if people want to pretend Ward gets Air Raid passing concepts (as if there is a QB that doesn’t. Shallow cross and 4 verts isn’t rocket science).

Advertisement
How can you be sure of this??? Because hey Ward looks great but it’s blinding you to think that we end up in playoffs with Ward and not Howard. We got a chance with both since it’s 12 teams starting next season. This is just like the Culpepper and Brees situation which someone mentioned earlier or yesterday. Ward being a black Qb and with all the hype surrounding him will make a splash here and would definitely help with recruiting, but so does winning. I pray it’s Howard and not Ward. White boy Howard can fockin ball!! Let’s gooo Canes!!!

It's not a racial thing, Ward is just the better quarterback. Go watch the tape.

TVD was familiar with the Air Raid. Excelled in Air Raid passing concepts in 2020. How did that workout?

The next time Mario runs an actual Air Raid, will be the first.

The next time he has a passing game that ranks high in efficiency and explosiveness, will be the first.

His offenses are based on down to down success rate, largely from the running game.

Saying “this is wrong” doesn’t change his entire coaching history.
your statement is not accurate, Oregon was 13th in QB efficiency in 2019 with Herbert, 14th in 2020 with Tyler Shough

howard/ward would be the best QB he's had since herbert - with a better OC in dawson than he had at the time

our offense is just fine, we were a kneel down and 2 TVD meltdowns away from 10 wins - with Ward/Howard we win 10 games. No idea these people complaining about the offense and pretending like it wasn't severely handicapped by turnovers while also increasing **** near 70 spots in most important metrics from Gattis' offense the year prior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back