QB decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ward isn’t a fit for Mario’s offenses. You can hate that, and I do. But Mario isn’t changing the offense for him.
Mario has never had an offense that ranked high in passing explosive rate. If his offenses don’t suck, it’s because they rank high in down to down success rate thanks to running game.

Howard is who gets you that.

Mario wants his offenses to be closer to 2017 Clemson with Bryant at QB than the Watson or Lawrence versions.
This is wrong. One of their favorite things about Ward is his familiarity and fit with the Air Raid scheme.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Only if ward goes to fsu. Really don't want him up there. But I've always thought just 1 of ward or Howard would do the job...

1702520169362.png

Advertisement
This is wrong. One of their favorite things about Ward is his familiarity and fit with the Air Raid scheme.
Exactly. The route concepts we run are much more in line with what Ward is accustomed to. It’s one of the reasons I favor Ward, as much as I like Howard.

I could see it looking a little ‘clunky’ with Howard initially. Ward should be able to hit the ground running.

Disagree a little here. He definitely can make every throw. He can fit tight windows, throws a pretty deep ball, not afraid to throw deep middle. Yeah his accuracy isn't as consistent you want it to be and he takes risks cause he's confident in his arm which leads to turnovers.

Ward is def the more polish passer. I don't think Howard is a slouch, and I'm excited to see what Dawson can do with him.

Fair. I don't think Howard is a slouch either. But to me it's like comparing Jeremiah Smith with Chance Robinson. Chance is no slouch, but they're not on the same level. And one can carry your team to a whole new plane.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Fair. I don't think Howard is a slouch either. But to me it's like comparing Jeremiah Smith with Chance Robinson. Chance is no slouch, but they're not on the same level. And one can carry your team to a whole new plane.
The ceiling of QB play and team success is higher with Ward. However, I think team success with Howard is close. We've lacked leadership at QB since King left and he does bring that.

Nothing wrong with rallying behind the QB if it's Howard, but Ward was the prize. Getting Ward cuts about two years out of the rebuild time compared to Howard.

I think we can win 9 games with Howard, I'm just not sure that's enough to keep us on track and especially with all the realignment stuff going on, would have preferred us to swing big with the NIL... invest now, and be better positioned in the future.

If the reported 2.5m was true then that's a pretty **** big swing. Caleb reportedly got 2.7m from USCw, and Cam's not in the same conversation as Caleb (at least right now). If he was offered 2.5 and walked then there's really nothing to say.

Howard is a safe choice but he's limited as far as his accuracy and he can't make all the throws on the field. He also throws quite a few picks. I think we win 9 games with Howard which maybe is enough, but Ward would have gotten us in the playoff I think and probably cut a year or two off the rebuild time for this program.

The difference between Howard and Ward probably sets us back 2 years, I would guess. It's not a small difference.
How can you be sure of this??? Because hey Ward looks great but it’s blinding you to think that we end up in playoffs with Ward and not Howard. We got a chance with both since it’s 12 teams starting next season. This is just like the Culpepper and Brees situation which someone mentioned earlier or yesterday. Ward being a black Qb and with all the hype surrounding him will make a splash here and would definitely help with recruiting, but so does winning. I pray it’s Howard and not Ward. White boy Howard can fockin ball!! Let’s gooo Canes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back