QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Ward isn’t an all pro QB. If he was Dak right now, Wazzu would have been a much better team. My goodness, put Dak in Wazzu and Wazzu is a 10 win team. I’m proving your logic is faulty. Ward isn’t Dak. But college Dak was drafted in the 4th round.
Funny because Miss St wasn’t a contender when Dak was there… 3-4 loss team annually. I’d be willing to bet Wards numbers are better than Daks in college having not even looked them up.

I’m just saying there are plenty of skills that Ward possesses that I could see him getting a second rd grade.
Shall we bring up the many, many first round busts? The NFL grading system is surely not a lot better than recruiting ranking services.

Ward is the highest rated qb in the portal, 3rd highest overall and you want me to believe that’s not even a second rd potential pick? Yet Walter Nolan will potentially go in round 1.

It’s not news. It was BS. How dumb are you all?

Hows Cormani btw?

1704048001437.gif

Funny because Miss St wasn’t a contender when Dak was there… 3-4 loss team annually. I’d be willing to bet Wards numbers are better than Daks in college having not even looked them up.

I’m just saying there are plenty of skills that Ward possesses that I could see him getting a second rd grade.
Shall we bring up the many, many first round busts? The NFL grading system is surely not a lot better than recruiting ranking services.

Ward is the highest rated qb in the portal, 3rd highest overall and you want me to believe that’s not even a second rd potential pick? Yet Walter Nolan will potentially go in round 1.
Correcto.

Advertisement

Again, you're proving my point. In college, Dak had very similar numbers with Cam Ward. And Prescott went in the 4th round.

Again, you're proving my point. In college, Dak had very similar numbers with Cam Ward. And Prescott went in the 4th round.
My point is, given Dals success one could project that a guy similar to Daks skill set, could get a higher “projected” grade. I’m not saying he will go in the second, but he could project there, and that be enough for him to go.
How many of our guys received higher projections than they were actually drafted?

I’m fine arguing with you bro. I have nothing to prove. Neither has his grade so it’s not like either will ever be right or wrong. I was just saying it would’nt surprise me if he got a grade high enough to not want to stay in college. It’s an opinion. It’s kind of the point of message boards.

My point is, given Dals success one could project that a guy similar to Daks skill set, could get a higher “projected” grade. I’m not saying he will go in the second, but he could project there, and that be enough for him to go.
How many of our guys received higher projections than they were actually drafted?

I’m fine arguing with you bro. I have nothing to prove. Neither has his grade so it’s not like either will ever be right or wrong. I was just saying it would’nt surprise me if he got a grade high enough to not want to stay in college. It’s an opinion. It’s kind of the point of message boards.
You're arguing a bunch of different things here- from questioning the accuracy of the advisory committee's grades, to saying you think they could've given him a 2nd round grade, to comparing him to current NFL QBs, to basically saying it's all irrelevant due to the amount of first round busts.

While we can definitely have credible debates about a lot of what you're positing, there is ZEROOOO chance this kid received an NFL sourced 2nd round grade.

If so, this thread would be about 250+ pages shorter because the kid would've declared immediately. Or are we to believe that he/his camp received such a grade but are now deliberating IF he's actually ready for the NFL?

Meme GIF by ALL SEEING EYES

Advertisement
If Ward or another top QB wasn't picking UM, I don't understand why Restrepo would return to Miami.

Some of you all criticize his lack of explosiveness, but he'd be a key piece for a lot of teams- rock solid WR that runs great routes and catches every thing. He's Braxton Berrios-ish, and Berrios has made a nice career for himself in the NFL. He was also good friends with TVD, which makes it all the more surprising that Restrepo decided to stick with UM. This is the main thing that is letting me stay optimistic.

You're arguing a bunch of different things here- from questioning the accuracy of the advisory committee's grades, to saying you think they could've given him a 2nd round grade, to comparing him to current NFL QBs, to basically saying it's all irrelevant due to the amount of first round busts.

While we can definitely have credible debates about a lot of what you're positing, there is ZEROOOO chance this kid received an NFL sourced 2nd round grade.

If so, this thread would be about 250+ pages shorter because the kid would've declared immediately. Or are we to believe that he/his camp received such a grade but are now deliberating IF he's actually ready for the NFL?

Meme GIF by ALL SEEING EYES
I was saying, guys get grades all the time that are either not realistic or where they end up going.

I said he could’ve received a second rd grade, and that’s what has him rethinking. Not that he did.

Again, was just furthering my point of grades that are not accurate, given the number of first round busts.

I used Dak as a comparison due to what I view as similarities in their games and college stats etc. And in general QBs get drafted higher than they should due simply to the importance of the position.

It seems that his family is deciding between the NFL and staying in college as much or more than where he goes in CFB, isn’t that what Cribby basically said?

Doesn’t seem like it’s that disjointed of a stance does it?

I was saying, guys get grades all the time that are either not realistic or where they end up going.

I said he could’ve received a second rd grade, and that’s what has him rethinking. Not that he did.

Again, was just furthering my point of grades that are not accurate, given the number of first round busts.

I used Dak as a comparison due to what I view as similarities in their games and college stats etc. And in general QBs get drafted higher than they should due simply to the importance of the position.

It seems that his family is deciding between the NFL and staying in college as much or more than where he goes in CFB, isn’t that what Cribby basically said?

Doesn’t seem like it’s that disjointed of a stance does it?
We just disagree about any possibility of him having received a 2nd round grade from the Advisory Committee and the notion of the debate on his end then being if it'd be more prudent for him to stay in college anyway.

Advertisement
We just disagree about any possibility of him having received a 2nd round grade from the Advisory Committee and the notion of the debate on his end then being if it'd be more prudent for him to stay in college anyway.
I mean, it’s not like I have an information other than what I get on here. I was under the impression it was the U or the NFL. I can’t imagine he’s debating between UDFA and the U.
Now what grade he was given, well I suppose one will never know. I was just saying, given his ranking as a transfer, his current body of work, it wouldn’t surprise me if he got a day two grade.

Advertisement
It’s clear Mario is going to wait on his decision. I’m worried Ward is going to run this thing up pretty close to 1/15 at this point. We could be left without any time to get a guy in here for the spring semester if we miss out on him.

Seems the debate for him and his family is will one more year of college improve his draft stock? He’s been starter for four years. He’s experienced. What can he improve to move up from a day three up to date two or even day one? If I were him, I would factor in this draft seems deep in quarterbacks. I’d wager there are a half dozen or more quarterbacks rated ahead of him. I don’t know about next year.

He could make a substantial NIL payday playing one more year of college football, be at Miami or another program.

Doesn’t sound like a difficult choice. But I’m not making it.

Best part about cis is the receipts.
It amazes me how many times everyone on here gets sht wrong.
But then we circle back on here and double down on our takes every chance we get and get into page long arguments over it.

It’s one thing to have an opinion. But it’s another to act as if that opinion is a straight undeniable fact that even god can’t argue against.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back