Prediction

I'm good w/ Butch. Would have been interesting to see what some new blood would do...but I have a feeling that he will get us back to elite status. He really wants that ring...

He strikes me as a man possessed by that. Assistant coaches are going to have to be seriously committed to winning it all every day of I think Butch will pull their lift support. No retirement village like Golden provided. I am guessing practice will be a little more intense -- no more cutting camp short because "they were really going at it".

Advertisement
Thats my point. Butch is right for where we are now!
Smh, wanted richt but butch is good too
Butch may not be the best coach in the country ... I really like Richt ... even got excited about Kelly or even some new blood like Herman ... But Butch is exactly what miami needs right now ... I don't expect him to come in and compete for the NC or even have a top ten recruiting class ... that would not be fair to him what I do know as fact is he did it before ... I pray he can do it again

Smh, wanted richt but butch is good too
Butch may not be the best coach in the country ... I really like Richt ... even got excited about Kelly or even some new blood like Herman ... But Butch is exactly what miami needs right now ... I don't expect him to come in and compete for the NC or even have a top ten recruiting class ... that would not be fair to him what I do know as fact is he did it before ... I pray he can do it again

Amen. Butch is not perfect and heck might not win the NC. But he is EXACTLY what Miami needed at this moment. Mark Richt seems to be an outstanding man but we are not a program surrounded by problems that need that sort of man right now. We need some one who understands Miami, Miami type recruits, and can get them. We need fire in the locker room and practice field. We need a coach who is not interested in continuity or being the SAME player every day but rather excellence and being BETTER each day.

If it is Butch, take a look at the MLBs he brought in here and smile about your son's future because First Round Butch is coming home. Hard to imagine any recruit who will benefit more than you son.

How hard is it to predict that with everything surrounding the program as of late? How about predicting his staff and shedding some light on that instead of predicting the obvious.

Advertisement
Ah **** it I'm in. No use crying over spilled milk.

We know Butch will bring in the studs, hopefully he gets the staff to put the whole thing together.

Lets go

Good to have you in. If history means anything, Butch was almost as good at picking staff as he was players. Hopefully he negotiates huge money stash for staff.

What would be nice if it was Butch AND Richt as OC. It'd be like a paid vacation for Richt, compared to how hard he's been working.

crossover22[]_[];2396199 said:
Staff Cap 6.4M Butch 1.9M + Incentives estimated to be worth an additional 640.000 & 260.000 for individual that occupies assistant HC, which leaves roughly 3.6M for coordinators/assistants.

Does 3.6M score high quality coordinator/position coaches?
Where did this come from?

I think so, u sure about those numbers

No, not sure on these numbers at all. Butch is a good hire, only if there is enough room financially to lure top assistants. That initial post makes it seem like a statement of fact, which isn't. I just don't see luring a guy @ 4M a yr and being able to have enough room to pay a top tier staff. Can't afford to have 2 quality coaches, surrounded by a bunch of graduate assistants. However, there's been a recent 5 yr stretch with zero top tier coaches.

Advertisement
Not sure why everyone against Butch brings up he hasn't coached in five years. He's been an analyst. It's not like he was five years away from football on an island somewhere.

Be nice if this would get announced sometime or at least something is said that indicates schiano is not one getting job.

If it's Butch and I hope the rumors are true and it is. It's going to be so refreshing to have a coach back that has a chip on his shoulder. Weather or not Butch was your choice, you have to admit that he's going to go at it hard. You know he's heard all the rumblings about being a sub par game day coach or being old or living in the past. He's been regretting his decision to leave for a long time, how many 2nd chances are you afforded these days. He may not be able to conjure the 2000-2001 teams but he'll die trying. I bet he kicks everyone's *** at practice and at least brings back a hard nose, knock them on their *** philosophy.

Advertisement
If it is Butch, and I hope it is, he will have a good staff. He knows what he is doing... With the exception of John Blake and John Schoop he has always had good coaches. He is going to have Ed Reed wanting that DB job IMO. Dorsey will come along in some sort of capacity (I doubt OC), maybe asst OC/QB coach. Our def staff is gonna be nasty I am sure. Question will be what type of offense and who is on that side for the staff. Butch is smart enough to know it's no longer 2000 and times have changed.
Bill Miller was another atrocious coach hired by Butch. DC from 95-98

If this hire came after a comprehensive nation wide search, I'd be more excited. It does not feel that way.

How does that impact your excitement? One has nothing to do with the other, am I wrong?

I'd be more ready to accept the Butch hire if I knew we held an honest search consisting of candidates outside of the "MIAMI GUYZ!" bubble.

If we aggressively pursued coaches I feel are better qualified, and failed, it would make it easier to embrace this hire. But if we simply hired Butch without exploring other options, it strikes me as lazy and a disservice to this program.
I'm guessing they had to do a diligent search if not we would have had Butch weeks ago.

Agreed with everything quoted here. Wanted to add that maybe the job really isn't as desirable as we would like to believe.

Advertisement
Opposing fans are laughing and cheering on the hire of Butch :/

Yup I said this months ago. My Nole buddies laughed at the thought of Butch coming back. He doesn't scare them at all.

Your Nole buddies are a bunch of faqqots!

You should be ashamed to call yourself a Canes fan and keep that kind of company.

And you can bet your *** that they're afraid.

They ain't gonna tell you, but if it's Butch, they're cropping their panties.

Opposing fans are laughing and cheering on the hire of Butch :/

Yup I said this months ago. My Nole buddies laughed at the thought of Butch coming back. He doesn't scare them at all.

You mean the people who were in their home stadium watching Al Golden's Miami Hurricanes with the ball and a chance to take the lead at the end of the game? Those Nole buddies? And they don't think we will be better under Butch Davis?

That's why Florida State University exists. For people like that.

Advertisement
Back