Prediction

Advertisement
I'm still predicting Butch, but if anyone throws a wrench in those plans, I believe it would be Mark Richt. Lots of buzz over the past few hours regarding our interest. My guess is that Richt will not be interested in jumping back in right away, but he fits many of Blake's criteria.

Wish I could give you something more definitive, but UM is running an impressively tight ship.

This is everything I wanted to hear. Go after the best guy available and if that doesn't happen, take Butch. I gotta give it to the search committee... they're doing a pretty good job of being secretive. Compare that to the Justin Fuente hiring at VT lol

Advertisement
I'm still predicting Butch, but if anyone throws a wrench in those plans, I believe it would be Mark Richt. Lots of buzz over the past few hours regarding our interest. My guess is that Richt will not be interested in jumping back in right away, but he fits many of Blake's criteria.

Wish I could give you something more definitive, but UM is running an impressively tight ship.
Thanks for the updates.

not to beat the proverbial dead horse but are you hearing anything regarding a timetable? Do they still want to try and wrap this up sooner than later?

I continue to say that the entire job search dog and pony show was all about vetting Butch. UM is a entity that believes in style over substance. The people that run that university (and athletic department) are all about public relations first and foremost. They tried shove al golden down everyone's throat for one more year and they ended up getting shamed by the marketplace.

Hiring Butch gives Blake James and the Board of Trustees a guaranteed four years worth of cover from the fan base. For that reason, Ive felt it was going to be Butch all along, as long as Korn Ferry's investigators didn't unearth something devastating about Butch.

I was hoping for a end to the search this week but I am starting to get the feeling it will be next week.

Advertisement
I continue to say that the entire job search dog and pony show was all about vetting Butch. UM is a entity that believes in style over substance. The people that run that university (and athletic department) are all about public relations first and foremost. They tried shove al golden down everyone's throat for one more year and they ended up getting shamed by the marketplace.

Hiring Butch gives Blake James and the Board of Trustees a guaranteed four years worth of cover from the fan base. For that reason, Ive felt it was going to be Butch all along, as long as Korn Ferry's investigators didn't unearth something devastating about Butch.

Interesting take.. Im just ready for a coach now and I think the recruits and players are as well

Advertisement
Back