Prediction

crossover22[]_[];2396199 said:
Staff Cap 6.4M Butch 1.9M + Incentives estimated to be worth an additional 640.000 & 260.000 for individual that occupies assistant HC, which leaves roughly 3.6M for coordinators/assistants.

Does 3.6M score high quality coordinator/position coaches?
Where did this come from?

I'm thinking the same **** thing

Advertisement
Wait until we end up not landing the studs and winning only 7 or 8 next year. People will lose their minds when they realize the sport no longer supports a recruiter in chief.

I'm neither confidant or deflated by a Butch return, but I do think this class would close very solid if Butch is hired. And there is a lot of talent on the roster now. I am more worried about years 2 and 3. He isn't young, and he hasn't been close to the game. Hiring him will have some zing to it initially. Can he still coach and maintain the energy in recruiting is the worrisome question.
I'll probably get down voted for even suggesting this but is it possible that opposing coaches actually use Butch to negative recruit us by insinuating that he'll have us on probation again? Most of these kids probably do not even realize that he was cleared in the UNC case but that won't stop the Saban's and Meyers's of the world from using scare tactics.

headshake1.gif

Yes. John Robinson didn't have access to the same quality that Pete Carroll had access to. Pete Carroll got studs from Jersey (Jarrett. Cushing), from Florida, (Keith Rivers), from Louisiana( Joe McKnight), and from SoCal. The reason the Miami and USC jobs are so unique is because you have access to the best local talent, and can recruit the best national talent. Butch had great local talent (Taylor, McGahee, Andre Johnson and Nate Webster), but he was also able to get elite national talent. Cali (D.J Williams), Texas (Lewis, Franks), Louisiana ( Reed, Wayne) and New Jersey (C. Green and J. Green).

USC's philosophy during Carroll's time was to recruit Calif/NV/AZ and go out of state if the recruit was they felt the prospect was an elite talent. You didn't see out of state players who "chose USC over Northern Illinois, Toledo, Indiana, and Purdue". California is stacked with talent at every position, especially QBs (Toretta, Dorsey, Covington, Wright, Kaaya).

Advertisement
you do realize they were ready to roll in year 3 when all the crap hit
they were loaded

All the crap caused by the bag man that Butch hired?

There's always some qualifier with the cult. He was going to win 66 NCs at UM but he left before he could show his genius. He was about to blow up at UNC, but the school fcked him over.

so he had a bag man pay players that were there before he got there?
most of the suspensions were upper classmen

butch bashers hate facts

and where did I say Butch was my choice, just trumping your dumb arguments

Go study the case, braniac. All the guys suspended were guys he recruited and who Blake got involved with agents. They were suspended for taking gifts and partying with an agent. The academic scandal was something separate.

jeez, the Butch revisionists are now trying to rewrite the UNC scandals?

I am curious if there's a common thread between ****er, Alf and Botch fluffers. Think they're all the same?

Give it up already!

You now have two choices:
1. Get behind Butch, and bask in the glorious resurrection of Canes football.
Or,
2. Remain with the impoverished, only looking into, but not partaking the feast.

Advertisement
If this hire came after a comprehensive nation wide search, I'd be more excited. It does not feel that way.

How does that impact your excitement? One has nothing to do with the other, am I wrong?

I'd be more ready to accept the Butch hire if I knew we held an honest search consisting of candidates outside of the "MIAMI GUYZ!" bubble.

If we aggressively pursued coaches I feel are better qualified, and failed, it would make it easier to embrace this hire. But if we simply hired Butch without exploring other options, it strikes me as lazy and a disservice to this program.
I'm guessing they had to do a diligent search if not we would have had Butch weeks ago.

Smh, wanted richt but butch is good too
Butch may not be the best coach in the country ... I really like Richt ... even got excited about Kelly or even some new blood like Herman ... But Butch is exactly what miami needs right now ... I don't expect him to come in and compete for the NC or even have a top ten recruiting class ... that would not be fair to him what I do know as fact is he did it before ... I pray he can do it again

Smh, wanted richt but butch is good too
Butch may not be the best coach in the country ... I really like Richt ... even got excited about Kelly or even some new blood like Herman ... But Butch is exactly what miami needs right now ... I don't expect him to come in and compete for the NC or even have a top ten recruiting class ... that would not be fair to him what I do know as fact is he did it before ... I pray he can do it again

I think Butch was who they wanted to begin with but the search firm was hired to affirm his non involvement of the unc ordeal IMO. If it's Butch Miami needs to pay 1 million plus for each of its coordinators.

Yes. John Robinson didn't have access to the same quality that Pete Carroll had access to. Pete Carroll got studs from Jersey (Jarrett. Cushing), from Florida, (Keith Rivers), from Louisiana( Joe McKnight), and from SoCal. The reason the Miami and USC jobs are so unique is because you have access to the best local talent, and can recruit the best national talent. Butch had great local talent (Taylor, McGahee, Andre Johnson and Nate Webster), but he was also able to get elite national talent. Cali (D.J Williams), Texas (Lewis, Franks), Louisiana ( Reed, Wayne) and New Jersey (C. Green and J. Green).

USC's philosophy during Carroll's time was to recruit Calif/NV/AZ and go out of state if the recruit was they felt the prospect was an elite talent. You didn't see out of state players who "chose USC over Northern Illinois, Toledo, Indiana, and Purdue". California is stacked with talent at every position, especially QBs (Toretta, Dorsey, Covington, Wright, Kaaya).

I understand Pete Carroll's philosophy. It's the same philosophy that Urban Myers had at Florida, and Nick Saban has at Bama. Recruit regional, and go out of state for the top players. Butch will be able to complete with those guys, and even beat those guys for recruits because Miami is a national brand. How do people think we were able to get the Winston, Jolla and Marc Gullion's of the world after Butch left?

Advertisement
I feel like God should create a Noah's ark for our fan base... well take a chosen few with us & purge the earth of the rest of these miserable ********... For God's sake all we've had for the last year and change is BBB now it looks like it's gonna happen (after what I know was an exhaustive search)and yall still complaining. Allow yourself to be happy for us for once. I played for butch. Love the man & still would be one of the first people to tell you slightly below average game day coach. But right now it's all on assistants. Butch is exactly what um football needs right now. We need to get back to our roots & play physical,fast,aggressive take no **** football. That is without question what butch will have us doing. Have some pride in knowing were on our way back from National irrelevance & being a joke. Just so yall know other options were certainly looked at and most were from the nfl. If yall want due diligence than complain about how long it's taking to hire a coach than ur not interested in a real search. Ur interested in a quick hire. Can't have it both ways. Now please stop *****in and finally support these kids. Let's see how many of you finally buy some tickets & show up to our games since ur super fans...

If it is Butch, and I hope it is, he will have a good staff. He knows what he is doing... With the exception of John Blake and John Schoop he has always had good coaches. He is going to have Ed Reed wanting that DB job IMO. Dorsey will come along in some sort of capacity (I doubt OC), maybe asst OC/QB coach. Our def staff is gonna be nasty I am sure. Question will be what type of offense and who is on that side for the staff. Butch is smart enough to know it's no longer 2000 and times have changed.

If Butch can bring along a stud DC, then I'm all in with Ed Reed and Dorsey. I just think that Dorsey might be ready to be promoted to OC, and Butch might be the guy the do that.

Advertisement
Also keep in mind, this job is not for everyone. We all know SoFl is completely different then anywhere else in the country. The culture is different. The attitudes are different. I am sure the committee reached out to a lot of people, Patterson, Richt, and Herman to name a few. I am sure they are also aware SoFl is different and the expectations are different than most programs. Many of them, call it what you want, probably want nothing to do with it. Throw in the fact that money and resources are not on par with the big dogs and it makes this job even tougher. Butch Davis is going to get the job done.....

Recruiting won't be an issue, at least for a while. It's been a long time since Miami was getting elite DT's. I think that's about to change. Kids know his name. Success will depend on getting the right OC/DC, and improving the S/C program.

... and I wouldn't be opposed to Richt taking the OC job.

Advertisement
Back