PractiSe and other crap

I can't take credit for it. I just googled sentences that don't make sense & added a twist.
bd9e54ca3ebe6b6fc0d3189c877bc677.jpeg

This is fantastic.

Advertisement
Great post, Cribby. I'm not surprised about anything you wrote.

Offense looks poised to be best since the glory days. I wish they would bully DLs, but other than Donaldson they're just not built that way. I thought Nelson would have matured to be that guy by now, and he may be. But the injury doesn't help. So Lashlee and King are going to put up lots of points, just may not be able to control the pace of the game against better defenses because of the run game.

Defense has two holes in MLB and one of the DE spots. Keontra Smith is our solution at Will, and we have a cast of characters to help out there (hopefully the light goes on for Huff or Cave emerges). But it doesn't matter how good the WLB, Striker, DTs, DBs are if 2 of your 11 guys are G5 level, that's almost impossible to overcome against Top 20 teams. People can argue about Manny's scheme, but he can't hide that no matter how good he is. It's going to be a roller coaster ride.

Looks like we are back to the portal again after this season. Even if we snag SStewart and NKelly we need a instant impact DE for next year because it looks like Harvey isnt stepping up and Chantz is somewhat limited.
No issue with hauling in a new DE each year through the portal. Nobody foresaw Cam Williams departing so it's not anyone's fault that we've got walk-ons getting reps with the 2s, but the staff can help themselves by thinking outside the box like they've done with McCloud and Keontra. They waited way too long to make McCloud a DE and hopefully they learned a lesson there. You don't want to haphazardly move kids around but another move I'd make is putting Harrell back at safety.

Advertisement
Average run blocking can be aided by heavier power backs. Need Thad and/or Brown to tighten up before game time. Don needs another big back to spell him.

Advertisement
After demonstrating his skills, why Lenny Taylor isn't a starter at DT with all the other DT's fighting for that second spot, IDK why. He's gonna play, so after this he's only here for 2 more years. Play the best regardless of class!

Damit Mane! The OL suspect at run blocking, but we have 5 really good backs, Cheney, Harris, Knighton, Brown and Franklin. I'll withhold judgement until we face a D1 DL.

Why the conundrum at LB! Play Keontra and Chase Smith, call it a day. Cave, Brooks, Huff, Troutman and Flagg can work it out.
I'm loving what I'm hearing on LT too but a freshman interior starter vs Bama is a tough ask, I bet by mid-season he starts. Like you I'll wait to reserve judgment on o line till we see it. The problem we have with LB though is a lack of MLB's and a bunch of WILL's. I like Chase at WILL but Brooks & Keontra are also weak side. All we have at middle who look somewhat capable is Flagg & Cave, but of course Cave is now hurt.

Thanks for all the updates. This stuff is like heroin for me.

I'm generally confident in the offense as long as King is healthy. There's nothing that I'm particularly panicky about there.

I'm still concerned about run defense. It's more than just "the linebackers need to be better" it's up to all three levels to shut down the running game. I haven't been as confident in the DBs since...I don't even remember. We have quality players at both corner and safety and good depth all around. We should be able to play a lot more aggressively in coverage. I know people are concerned about DE and I can totally get that but if there's one position on the entire team that consistently eats under Manny it's DE. We might not have a Jaelan Phillips or Greg Rousseau on the team but there's a list of guys who have gotten good pass rush production under Manny who were mediocre athletes and borderline NFL prospects. Joe Jackson and Trent Harris were no better than the guys we're rolling out this year. From what I've been hearing, they're going back to a more simplistic approach for linebackers similar to what they did in 2016 when they had to play freshmen.

Advertisement
Hope I am wrong, but moving Williams to LT would indicate something is more serious.
I was thinking this as well. Hard to say since it's not abnormal for coaches to experiment because ya never know, but we're in barney if Zion's out obviously.

Advertisement
agreed entirely. there is only one issue. let's say we beat everyone on our ACC schedule other than UNC. if so, we don't get to the ACCCG because UNC would have to lose two ACC games for Miami to get to the ACCCG, which is unlikely.

Not really. Go back and look at the history of the Corstal. Rarely is it won by a team with 0 or 1 conference losses. Think it’s happened twice in the last 10+ years.

UNC may very well have an ACC loss before we even play a game. They open the season Friday night at Lane. Only a 5 point favorite. They can EASILY lose 2 even if one isn’t to us.

Its just an unknown but really limited to our DE. That will happen when you lose 3 DE in one NFL Draft and 2 first rounders. of course there will be a drop off. But our DT's exactly the same, LB's exactly the same (unsure if that is a good thing, it wont get worse than McCloud and Jennings last year but might not be much better) and CB and S are exactly the same EXCEPT we added a freak in Tyrique.

I agree we got gashed at times last year and may very well happen again this year but aside from DE, what has changed?
Flagg Smith>>>> Jennings McCloud. It’s not even close.

Disagree, this is 2021. “Imposing your will” isn’t cfb or the nfl for that matter anymore. Lsu wasn’t imposing their will when they won the natty , they could pass block, had a qb wr’s and a great passing game/ scheme. Clemson wasn’t imposing their will either , they didn’t have road graders or future first rounders on the ol. They schemed their running game , plenty of movement and smoke in mirrors. If you have good pass blocking , a qb and a good scheme you can make the run game work.

There has to be a threat downfield , if we have the numbers advantage I think the run blocking will be good enough. If somebody loads the box or has 7-8 in the box we will have trouble. I expect the run game to be significantly better just off being older, stronger , a year in the system and a explosive pass game. Are they going to road block for 250 yards a game? No. We will be a pass first team. Now if the pass blocking isn’t as good as expected we’re fooked.

Agreed on your points about Clemson. They never have elite nfl o lines but they are great at scheming a running game. If our scheme is a lot like last year, then We severely lack creativity in the run game.

That said, Clemson wouldn’t have been able to have the success they’ve had the last decade running inside zone primarily. If we try that vs a pumped up Bama d we’re in trouble. Rhett grew up in a scheme that seemed to specialize in movement and smoke and mirrors. Wouldn’t mind seeing some of that featured going forward.

Advertisement
Back